Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tangled Fates

wb1.png
TAGS:
@ Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Braze walked through the bustling market of Lothal accompanying, tasked with gathering supplies. Though he was without his lightsaber to avoid drawing attention, his connection to the Force was still keen, alerting him to his surroundings. However, even the Force couldn't warn him fast enough when a dark figure approached him from behind. Before he knew it, a cloth, soaked in a quick-acting sedative, was placed over his mouth and nose. Despite his struggles, darkness claimed him swiftly.

Whoever had captured him was clearly a master of stealth and speed. Astonishingly, they had also managed to seize Jasper Kai'el, an equally difficult target, sweeping both of them off the busy streets and into an uncertain fate.

---

Braze awoke to find himself in a dim, unfamiliar room, his hands bound and his connection to the Force severed by the presence of a few Ysalamiri in cages hanging on the walls near the cells. He glanced around the room and saw a girl by the name of Tessa, also bound and beginning to stir, on the opposite side of his cell.

Meanwhile, in a different cell, across from their cell, Jasper also started to wake up. Disoriented, he realized he'd also been captured, but he was alone in his cell. Notably his arm was missing and they had been stripped of many of their useful items and gear. His feet and wrists were all bound in some manner of speaking.

The door to Braze and Tessa's room creaked open, and a man adorned all in black with long soft pink-hued hair and soft sky-blue eyes stepped in. "Welcome, both of you," he smirked, "You're about to become very valuable commodities."

Unbeknownst to them, the Smuggler's Moon was a place where fortunes were lost and made, allegiances shifted, and destinies changed forever. For better or worse, they were now part of that relentless cycle.
"You might find it lacking compared to your former lives, but I assure you, you're here for a very... valuable purpose."

Braze's eyes narrowed, and he felt a surge of defiance well up within him, dulled only slightly by the Ysalamiri. Tessa shot Luka a glare, clearly unimpressed and undeterred by his ominous words.

Luka stepped further into the dim chamber, letting the door close behind him with an ominous thud. His eyes shifted first to Braze, then to Tessa, and finally through a small window that gave a view into Jasper's isolated cell. He clasped his hands behind his back, sauntering slowly around the perimeter of the holding area.

"Remarkable specimens, you all are," Luka mused aloud, taking a moment to appreciate his handiwork. "Do you have any idea how many people I've had to go through to find talents like yours? You make the arduous task seem worthwhile."

Braze glared at Luka, his restrained hands clenching into fists. Tessa's eyes, too, were ablaze with defiance.

Luka chuckled softly, thoroughly amused. "Ah, the fire in your eyes. Most refreshing. You see, many in your situation break so easily. But you three—" His gaze lingered on each of them in turn. "You're made of sterner stuff."

He stopped pacing and stood still, locking eyes with Braze. "You're probably wondering why you're here. And while I'd love to indulge your curiosity, let's just say you're of... significant interest to us."

Luka turned his attention to Tessa. "And you, young lady. You're quite the puzzle piece. Can't wait to crack that shell of yours."

Finally, he glanced through the window at Jasper, who may have been working the angles in his head, despite his disorientation and missing arm. "As for you, I'd reconsider any thoughts of escape. Our facilities are quite secure, and, well, you're outnumbered."

Luka paused, letting the weight of his words hang in the air before continuing.

"However," he drawled, "if you cooperate fully and make this easy for us, I might consider releasing you—after a few minor... adjustments to your memories, of course."

Luka grinned, showing a set of unnaturally white teeth. "Resist, and your experience here will become considerably less pleasant. You have such unique qualities; it would be a shame to have to extract them in a more invasive manner."

His eyes flicked between the three captives one final time before he turned to leave.

"Think it over," he said, unlocking and stepping through the door. "You have so little to lose and so much to provide."

The door closed behind him with an air of finality, leaving the room in silence once more.

???
Tags: Braze Braze

shield_core_divider_NEW.png

"Gods, I thought he'd never shut up," Jasper sneered. "Rat bastards..."

He let out a sigh, hanging his head for a moment before shaking himself fully conscious. Braze was in the cell across from him, as was another younger individual. A girl, maybe around the same age as his student. He was chained down by his wrist and ankles himself, and the lingering presence of a Ysalamiri lizard.

That wasn't an issue. He wasn't very force sensitive at all.

"Just sit tight, Braze!" he told his student. "I've been in situations like this dozens of times. Just, uh, give me a minute. You're gonna here some sounds that are very unpleasant in a moment, but I can assure you that everything is fine."

What did he have? Hairclip, boots, a flight suit with no gear, the buttons on his shirt... He could make that work. It started out with the hard part. His hand couldn't reach his face to get the hair clip, which was an important part of the plan, so he had to get it free. There would be a moment of silence, followed by a loud thud against the cell wall. Jasper would grunt, but make no further noise. In an instant his hand was free, his pinky and ring finger now hanging limply in a fractured state. Jasper was quick to draw the hair pin and get to work on his ankles. Fortunately he could take less drastic measures here. Training with the Matukai had given him some important extra skills, most importantly pressure points. If he could release all the tension in his muscles, loosen up his feet, he could slide them out of the shackles.

That was going to take some time, and he had already got to stabbing himself in the approximate location with the pin.

"S-so," Jasper began, wincing with pain. "Who's your friend over there? I can't see them very well."

wb1.png
TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png
Braze looked over to the girl... " Hey, I'm Braze...So uh... How's it hanging?" He asked noticing that her binds like his own had them hanging from the ceiling.
Tessa rolled her eyes at Braze's attempt at humor but then turned her attention to Jasper, who seemed to be more resourceful than she'd initially thought.

"You know, I thought I was the only one who liked to collect bruises and broken bones," she said, watching him manipulate his body with an odd mixture of curiosity and concern. "But hey, you do you."

Braze winced looking towards Jasper's cell- " Are... are you okay?"

Tessa's gaze shifted back to Braze, her lips pulling into a faint smile despite their predicament. "I'm Tessa, by the way. Nice to meet you, I guess, under these less-than-ideal circumstances."

Braze flashed her a smile before wincing at a concerning sound he heard from across the way.

She let out a laugh glancing at Jasper, short and dry. "Well, from the looks of it, you've probably got enough escape plans to write a manual. Just save a chapter for how not to get caught in the first place, alright?"

Braze tilted his head, as if sizing her up. "You seem pretty nonchalant about all this."

"Trust me," Tessa said, her eyes narrowing slightly. "I'm just as pissed off as you are. But if I've learned anything, it's that anger only gets you so far. Sometimes you've got to laugh so you don't lose your mind, you know?"

Tessa glanced at the door, then back to the two men. "Well, when that time comes, count me in. I owe that pink-haired freak a few punches."

Braze took Tessa's words to heart, channeling his lingering anger into focus. Flexing his muscles, he swung his legs upward in a coordinated flip, trying to hook his feet over the upper chain. It took a few strained moments, his veins pulsing from the pressure, but he managed to catch the chain between his bare feet...

With his arms now having a bit more slack due to his inverted position, he fumbled through his disheveled white hair, searching for the hidden hairpin he'd tucked away for emergencies like this. "Okay, here goes nothing," he muttered to himself as he gripped the pin with his teeth, pulling it free from its hiding place.

He looked over at Tessa, his vision slightly blurred from the upside-down angle and blood rushing to his head. "Rest up, princess, and get that punching hand ready," he said, his words coming out softer than he'd intended as he began to pick at his restraints. "We're gonna need it."

???

"You know, I thought I was the only one who liked to collect bruises and broken bones," she said, watching him manipulate his body with an odd mixture of curiosity and concern. "But hey, you do you."

Braze winced looking towards Jasper's cell- " Are... are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great," Jasper assured. "Just, uh, figuring things out. Don't worry about a thing."

His right foot finally went limp. He had gotten it. It only took several stabs to get the right, but his foot would go completely limp, and the man would pull it free. Ignoring the other now bleeding wounds, Jasper would remove the pin from his leg. Before long, Jasper's face had appeared in the window of his cell door, and a look of concern was now on his face.

"Hey!" he snapped, frowning. "I see you over there. Don't lose your head, kid. I need your here so you aren't hurt."

Or killed.

Braze was angry, and he was letting it control his actions. Sure he was focused, but that was a rabbit hole for unhealthy things. Jasper knew all too well that lingering on that stuff could consume people.

"Relax," Jasper added, his tone becoming far more paternal and reassuring. "I'm right here. Everything is gonna work out."

All he had to do was wait for some poor soul to enter his cell. Then they would find out what kind of mistake they really made.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
Braze took a deep, centering breath, his eyes narrowing as he focused on the task at hand—literally. With his mouth, he deftly maneuvered the hairpin into the lock that bound his wrist. The awkward angle and dangling position made it a delicate operation, but after a few tense moments, he heard the satisfying click of the lock giving way.

Exhaling a sigh of relief, he carefully used his free hand to lower himself back to the ground, swinging his legs downward so he could stand. The rush of blood away from his head made him momentarily dizzy, but he shook it off. Now standing, he transferred the hairpin to his newly freed hand and worked on his second cuff. Soon he would be crouched down to work on the locks around his ankles.

His focus was so intense that he almost forgot Jasper's pained sounds in the adjacent cell. Once he heard the distinct grunt of discomfort from his mentor, he looked up, concern painting his features in a way that was uncommon for the usually arrogant young man.

"Jasper, you SURE you're okay over there?" he asked, his voice tinged with a softness that he rarely showed. "Don't you think we should uh... take care nor to accrue injuries?"

Tessa had been watching both Braze and Jasper with keen interest, a smug grin dancing on her lips as she admired their ingenuity. Her own situation was a bit different; her hands were bound behind her back and she was hanging by a chain that left her swaying a bit. But where others might see an obstacle, Tessa saw a challenge—a fun one at that.

As soon as she saw Braze successfully free himself, her grin widened. "Well, look at you, pretty boy. You're not just a pretty face after all," she mused, her voice tinged with sarcastic approval.

Caught off guard by her teasing, Braze's cheeks flushed a shade darker. He cleared his throat awkwardly before offering her a playful grin. "Well, I always aim to exceed expectations. But I don't think we're the only ones around here with 'hidden talents.'" he stammered, trying to regain his usual swagger.

Tessa observed Braze and Jasper, her eyes sharp and focused. As they fiddled with their own restraints, she mentally took stock of her own situation. Shackled hands behind her back and feet suspended from the ceiling by another set of shackles—it was a difficult predicament, but not impossible.

With a subtle movement, she arched her back just enough to access a hidden pocket sewn into the lining of her bra. Her fingers found the small lockpick she always kept there for emergencies. Skillfully maneuvering the tool into her bound hands, she began to work on the shackles.

After a tense moment, she felt the satisfying click of the lock disengaging. Her hands were free. She quickly reached up to her shackled feet and, using the lockpick once more, managed to unlock those as well. Landing softly on the ground, she flexed her hands and rolled her ankles to get the circulation back.

"So, are we ready to leave this place, or should we make it our new vacation home?" Tessa smirked, looking over at Braze and Jasper.

???

"Don't you think we should uh... take care nor to accrue injuries?"

"If I gave you the rundown of all the injuries I've had you could put it in a novel," Jasper remarked. "A couple fingers is well worth your safety. Trust me, guys who are willing to capture people are willing to torture. You haven't been through hell like that, and I'd much rather you don't."

His focus would shift to the door. Curious. No clear evidence of any kind of additional tech, but he was skeptical. A lifetime of fighting gangsters wizened him up to their methods. They liked to shock people, maim them and beat them down. The chances of the door being safe to touch were slim to none.

"So, are we ready to leave this place, or should we make it our new vacation home?"

"Slow your roll, kid," the knight told the girl. "Give me a sec to check something."

Jasper lifted his hand, his hairpin still within his grasp. He'd flick the metal adornment at the door, stepping back in anticipation from what he was expecting could very well occur if any one of them laid their hands upon it.

An electrical discharge.

So he'd wait in anticipation as the pin flew.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze watched as Jasper flicked the hairpin towards the door, his eyes narrowing just a bit. He couldn't shake the sense of annoyance at being how protective Jasper was- it made him feel like he wasn't pulling his own weight, it made him feel like nothing more than a little kid, even if Jasper had his reasons. He was fourteen now, after all. He'd been through his rite of passage; he was no longer just a child in his own eyes. But what could he say? Jasper had seen more battles, more scars, more... life.

Besides, Tessa was here, and the last thing he wanted to do was seem immature in front of her. So instead of voicing his annoyance, he took a deep breath and focused on the matter at hand.

"Well, let's see if your little test works,"
Braze said, his voice steady but tinged with a touch of subtle sarcasm.

As the pin flew toward the door, Braze held his breath, part of him actually hoping Jasper was wrong—just to prove a point—but a larger part hoping he was right. After all, Jasper's experience in these matters was usually spot-on, whether Braze liked to admit it or not. And if the door was trapped, then knowing that could very well save their lives depending on the voltage.

As soon as the hairpin made contact with the door, a spark of electricity burst forth, confirming Jasper's suspicion. The electrical discharge was clear evidence that the door was booby-trapped, intended to electrocute anyone daring enough to touch it.

Braze exhaled, letting go of the breath he had been holding. "Alright, you got it," he conceded, forcing a half-smile. "What's the next move, then?"

Before Jasper could respond Tessa interjected.

She locked eyes with Braze for a moment. "Slow and steady, pretty boy. Being cautious doesn't mean we're not taking action. It means we're not getting fried."

"Fair enough," he replied, nodding at Tessa before turning his attention back to the door. "So, how do we get this thing open without turning into barbecued bantha?"

Having closely observed the situation, Tessa leaned against the wall and crossed her arms. "Why don't we look for a mechanical override? There's usually a fail-safe for these kinds of security measures. And if not, we could always try insulating our hands with some non-conductive material. Rubber soles of my boots might work, or clothes, something like that."

Braze turned his attention to Jasper, pondering the Jedi's potential response. "Master Kai'el, do you think energy absorption would work here? I know the Force feels... muffled, but could we focus enough to redirect the electrical charge?"

The questions hung in the air, each providing a different avenue for escape, waiting for Jasper's experienced judgment.

Last edited:

???

"Alright, you got it," he conceded, forcing a half-smile. "What's the next move, then?"

"Braze..." Jasper began, letting out a sigh, "Don't force a smile. We're supposed to work through stuff together, you and I. I can't do that with you when you're hiding behind a mask."

They were a team more than simply master and student. Sure, Jasper was very much supposed to teach Braze, but this was a collective effort. After training with him in preparation for his coming of age thing, what with the choreographed martial arts display, he would have hoped that Braze realized that he thought very highly of him. They didn't need to be falling apart at the seams over nothing, and more so than anything Jasper's compassion would be very heavy in his tone.

The topic would shift to the door. Jasper did have an idea for this. Mustering his strength, Jasper tore the binding that had kept down his arm from the wall, a display of his almost unnatural strength. It was a unique situation, of course, as the knight only had the one arm. It had to make up for the one he lost.

"Force won't work. Those lizards negate it completely. Tutaminis wouldn't be effective here. I'm thinking we overwhelm the door," he stated. "The electrical door works with the idea that a discharge will be brief, since whoever is grabbing on will quickly let go. Something like a metal shackle doesn't need to move. Electricity continues to discharge until the internal circuitry is overwhelmed. Depending on how cheaply they built the damn thing it may even get blown off its hinges, but that would be very situational. The most important part is that the thing in the door explodes and we don't have to deal with getting fried."

And with that he'd begin, sliding the shackle across the floor into the charged door.

Last edited:

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze looked at Jasper, his eyes reflecting a mixture of youthful defiance and vulnerability. "Hiding behind a mask is sometimes the only way to keep moving forward," he replied, his tone softer than he would have liked. "But I get it. We're a team, and I shouldn't be shutting you out."

Tessa listened, her gaze shifting between the two. Seeing Jasper exert so much effort into teaching and protecting Braze made her oddly sentimental. "Well, aren't you two adorable with your teamwork and bonding. Maybe after we're out, you can both share a heartfelt hug," she said, her words oozing sarcasm, though her eyes told a different story—one of quiet approval.

As Jasper explained his idea about overwhelming the electrical door, Braze felt a touch of admiration for his master's ingenuity. "Overloading the circuit, huh? Clever." he mused.

Tessa crossed her arms, impressed but skeptical. "Are you sure this will work? Because if we get this wrong, we're going from 'trapped' to 'extra crispy' in no time."

Jasper slid the metal shackle across the floor into the charged door, and Braze held his breath, his eyes fixated on the metal as it made contact with the door.

As the metal shackle made contact with the electrically charged door, sparks flew in a dazzling but terrifying display. A sharp, crackling noise filled the room, resonating like the sound of a violent storm. The electrical discharge arced around the shackle, momentarily illuminating the dark room with its eerie bluish-white glow.

For a heart-stopping second, nothing else seemed to happen. But then, a noticeable change occurred—the continuous flow of electricity started to falter, as if struggling to maintain its output. The door's security mechanism seemed to whine, almost like it was in pain.

Finally, with a loud, almost deafening pop, the internal circuitry of the door gave out. The room plunged into darkness momentarily before the emergency lights flickered on. The door itself remained in place, but the electric charge that had fortified it had clearly been neutralized, evidenced by the smell of burnt wiring filling the air.

Braze let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "I guess that means we're not going to be fried today," he said, looking at Jasper with newfound respect and a hint of relief.

Tessa chuckled, shaking her head . "I have to admit, that was pretty impressive. You guys really know how to make an exit, don't you?"

It didn't take long for Braze to mimic exactly what Jasper did on his end.
Tessa raised an eyebrow as she looked from the door to Jasper and then to Braze. "You know, normal people would've just picked the lock or something. But you guys? Overloading electrical circuits with metal shackles? That's not your run-of-the-mill street-smart stuff. That's... well, it's almost like you're space wizards or something."

Catching Braze's eye, she added with a sly grin, "So, does the Jedi Handbook have a chapter on door-busting, or is that one of the 'hidden lessons' you learn on the fly, pretty boy?"

Braze felt a slight flush rise to his cheeks at Tessa's teasing comment. For a moment, he found himself distracted, his thoughts wandering away from the immediate concern.

He shook his head gently to clear his thoughts, forcing himself to refocus. "The Jedi 'Handbook' covers a lot, but sometimes improvisation is key," he responded, a small smile tugging at his lips despite his efforts to stay entirely focused. "Right now, our priority is to get out of here, quietly and quickly."

Yet, even as he said it, he couldn't entirely shake the flutter of distraction that Tessa's flirting had sparked within him.
As Braze slid the metal shackle across the floor into the second charged door, a loud sizzling noise filled the room. Sparks flew and the door's electronic panel flickered erratically before a muffled 'pop' sounded. The electrical buzzing ceased, and the door seemed to slump in its frame as if defeated.

Seizing the opportunity, Tessa pulled a hidden lockpick from her bra and deftly inserted it into the door's lock. With a swift, expert motion, she turned the pick and heard the satisfying click of the lock disengaging. Pulling back her leg, she delivered a powerful kick, and the door swung open with a groan, revealing their way out.

"Looks like we're in business," Tessa grinned, looking back at Braze with a wink. "After you, 'Master Jedi'."

Braze felt a tingle of distraction at Tessa's flirtatious tone but quickly shook it off. Now was not the time; they had a mission to focus on.

"Thanks," he said, trying to keep his tone neutral but confident.

Then, he turned to Jasper, his eyes narrowing with concern as he took in the older Jedi's injuries. "Master Kai'el, let me see if I can do something about those wounds."

He knew he couldn't afford to get sidetracked, but he also knew that Jasper's well-being was crucial to the success of their mission. Balancing professionalism and concern, Braze approached his Master, ready to offer what medical assistance he could provide.

Last edited:

???

Pulling back her leg, she delivered a powerful kick, and the door swung open with a groan, revealing their way out.

Jasper had done the same, but no lock pick required. He had simply used the heat generated by the explosion within the door to warp it in a weaker state, kicking the door clean open. Braze would offer concern, asking to treat his injuries. Jasper instead simply knelt down and hugged the young Jedi.

"Thanks," he began, "but we need to keep moving. I promise I'll let you take care of it when we get out of here, but we just made a lot of noise. The best thing you can do to help me is keep your head in the game and get ready to fight, okay?"

He'd stand, giving Braze a warm smile. He was proud of him, even if the padawan didn't fully understand that. It was hard to truly put that into words in a way that he could understand, but Jasper tried his best to. The girl flirting with him was weird, given that he was right here and sort of Jasper's parental figure, but the knight kept his mouth shut on that front. After all, Braze was getting to an age where he'd have to figure that one out for himself.

Even if this one was a problem that could be seen from a mile away.

The knight stood, making his way over to the door, gesturing for the others to follow. He'd press against the wall, orienting himself in the blind-spot of the doorway.

"Alright, here's the plan," Jasper continued. "I'll grab the first guy that comes in and disarm 'em. You all grab whatever blaster or dagger or whatever the hell else they may have. Just, uh, don't look at their limbs. It... may not be pretty."

The Matukai didn't mess around. He had seen them reduce a wild beast to splinters in very short time. The twist was that he had learned their art, an addition to his already noteworthy physical prowess.

Now it was his turn to make splinters.

Braze blinked, caught off guard by Jasper's unexpected hug. But as the warmth of the embrace seeped into him, he felt something inside him soften, then solidify. It was like a nudge, a reminder that reignited his resolve. The pearlnett's focus sharpened, his thoughts aligned. Jasper's brief touch of encouragement worked wonders for the young Padawan's mindset, fortifying him in ways he hadn't anticipated. He nodded briskly. "I'll hold you to that promise. " He assured.

Tessa, who had been observing the duo, now had a chance to really see Jasper for the first time. She took in the rugged handsomeness of his features, the long blonde hair that framed his face, and the gray eyes that hinted at years of experience and untold stories. But what caught her attention the most was his missing arm, a glaring symbol of hardship. It made her wonder what kind of life he'd led, what kind of battles he'd fought.

Suddenly, a feminine voice broke into existence over the loudspeakers, amusingly chiding them. "Now, now, that's no way to behave. I can see we're going to have a problem. I would apologize to you, Jasper, but I specifically asked for my men to bring me weak subjects. I suppose I should have given them more instructions. Regardless, your savagery will not win you any favor from me. I'd appreciate it if you stopped destroying the facilities."

Braze's gaze snapped up to the speakers, his brows furrowing in indignation. The voice was patronizing, and the words were laced with scorn. It made something in him bristle, a spark of offense rising at the casual disregard for their integrity and capabilities. They were not "weak subjects" to be toyed with. They had a purpose, they had skills, and more importantly, they had each other.

???

"Now, now, that's no way to behave. I can see we're going to have a problem. I would apologize to you, Jasper, but I specifically asked for my men to bring me weak subjects. I suppose I should have given them more instructions. Regardless, your savagery will not win you any favor from me. I'd appreciate it if you stopped destroying the facilities."

"Are you kidding me?" Jasper muttered, letting out a frustrated exhale. He'd then raise his voice. "Sorry, lady, but I don't listen to disembodied voices. Your favor can shove it, and I'm going to continue to break what I please, thanks."

Jasper would immediately start by ripping the cage with the Ysalamiri within it off the ceiling, tossing it to the other end of the room. The force would rush back to him, causing the knight to swell up a little. Even with a weakened force sensitivity, Jasper had really missed being able to use the force. He'd open his mind to what lie ahead, finding...

Nothing. He felt no life whatsoever. A frown came to his face.

"The next room is empty," he noted with a frown. "Uh... get behind me just in case. I got something I can do."

An aura would begin to radiate from his chest, strengthening his resistance ten fold. With this boost in defense, Jasper would open the door to the next room, making sure to bend the door handle out of place as he did so.

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
The door gave way with a minimal application of force, revealing a room different from the corridor they had just left. Its floor was made up of heavy metal grating with stripes of caution yellow and black that seemed to be practically screaming 'danger.' A scattering of crates was positioned haphazardly, as if abandoned in a rush. The distant sound of flowing water echoed in the space, though its origin was hard to pinpoint. Two doors were visible—one straight ahead and another to the right. Cameras in this room, too, surveyed their every move.

Just then, the feminine voice returned, this time with a coy undertone. "Oh, you're quite the defiant one, aren't you? But do be careful with the decorations. Some of them are more expensive than they look."

"Expensive decorations? Sounds like someone's compensating for something..."

Braze couldn't help but feel a sense of foreboding, knowing they were walking into a situation almost completely blind. But he steeled himself; he had his Master with him after all.

That voice came back yet again, this time with a touch of firmness. "Last chance to submit and do as you're told like a good jedi dog, Jasper. Return to your cells and this won't get ugly. "

???

"Last chance to submit and do as you're told like a good jedi dog, Jasper. Return to your cells and this won't get ugly. "

"Hey, we're not on a first-name basis, lady," Jasper snapped.

That was going to get annoying. What was more annoying was the floor ahead of them. Rushing water, a split in the floor ahead. It was going to open. He could figure this out. Chances are, they'd try to drop as many of them as they could. He just needed a way to stop the floor from dropping out from beneath them.

"Wait here a minute."

So he got to work. Jasper immediately went for the chain from his shackle, running out to quickly drop it through one end of the grate below him and pull it up through the other with the force. He assumed that the floor was most likely to retract into the wall, so at the very least it would keep them from separating. Then came his other skills. Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had taught him how to use light runes, which were a good supplement for his weaker force sensitivity. Jasper bit his tongue enough to draw blood, scrawling the a rune on his palm...

HEAT.

With some energy from the force the rune would flare to life, welding the chain together to keep the floor from moving anywhere. It would burn his palm as well, but he'd take care of that later. A little bit of gritting his teeth and the deed was done.

"Right," he sighed, "Lets move. I don't know how long this will hold, so pick a door and make it quick."

Injuries: Broken pinky, ring finger, bitten tongue, slight burn on palm.

Last edited:

wb1.png
TAGS:
alexboarder.png
Braze looked on in awe as Jasper, displaying the resourcefulness and mastery that made him an admirable figure, ingeniously manipulated the chain and etched light runes. Even though he could sense Jasper's discomfort, he admired the resilience that the Jedi Knight showed.

Taking Jasper's instructions to heart, Braze quickly raised his hands and, using the Force, simultaneously pushed both doors open. To his surprise, the rooms beyond seemed almost identical. Making a snap decision, he darted to the right.

"Let's go this way!"
Braze urged, rushing down a long corridor that opened into a larger chamber. What he saw sent chills down his spine—a small-scale cloning facility, yet large enough to house numerous cloning tubes and equipment.

Behind him, Tessa followed closely but as she stepped onto the grating, it gave way beneath her. Her eyes widened as the floor dropped a few inches before being halted by the taut chain. The metal groaned, straining against the pull of gravity and the chain. She steadied herself and quickly moved off the shaky area.

"Nice rune work, but we might have to speed this up. I don't think the floor is too fond of your handiwork," Tessa quipped, casting an appreciative look at Jasper before turning her attention to Braze and the room ahead. "I see impulsiveness runs in the order."

Braze heard Tessa's comment but kept his focus on the room they had entered. The unsettling sight of the cloning tubes had him on edge. "We need to find out what they're doing here, and fast. This isn't just a holding facility. This is something far worse."

Tessa looked around the unsettling room, her eyes narrowing as she took it all in. "If I had to guess, I'd say we're about to uncover something nobody was supposed to see. So let's find it and get out of here. And try not to step on any more tricky floors, eh?"

The room they stepped into was a stark contrast to the dimly lit, metal-walled hallways they had been navigating. Fluorescent lights bathed the area in a clinical, almost unnaturally bright glow. Instead of the grimy, industrial appearance of the previous spaces, this room was sterile and immaculate, a temple to the science it housed.

The cloning equipment was not the assembly-line apparatus one might expect from mass-produced clones. Instead, the machinery was sleek, specialized, and clearly designed for precision. It was evident that whoever built this facility was focused more on quality than quantity.

Arrays of monitors displayed real-time data, genetic sequences, and complex algorithms. Unlike typical cloning operations that were aimed at creating fully grown beings in the shortest amount of time, this facility seemed to have an entirely different focus. The cloning tanks were not filled with adult figures but were instead occupied by tiny forms floating in nutrient-rich amniotic fluids—babies.

Braze couldn't help but stare at the little forms, his eyes widening as he took in the sight. Each baby had a soft glow emanating from under their skin, as if they were bathed in some sort of internal light. Monitors attached to the tanks revealed that these beings were genetically modified, not just replicas of existing life but enhanced, altered—crafted.

Different tubes and monitors fed into each tank, but these were not the hastily rigged systems one might see in a rogue cloning operation. Instead, they looked carefully calibrated, almost artisanal in their precision. From nutrient mixtures to hormonal balances, each parameter could be individually adjusted to ensure optimal growth conditions for each clone. The creators of this facility weren't just making clones; they were making bespoke beings.

Adjacent to each cloning tank were smaller tanks, more like incubators, where slightly older clones were nurtured post "birth." These seemed equipped to accommodate the babies for longer periods, complete with synthetic mothering arms that seemed to mimic a human touch.

Tessa glanced at the babies and then back at Jasper and Braze. "This is more than cloning," she muttered. "This is...customization. Genetic tailoring. They're not just making copies; they're creating improved versions."

Braze felt an uneasiness take hold of him. The entire setup, as advanced and impressive as it was, held an unsettling implication. These weren't just beings created for a specific function; these were beings created to be superior, perhaps even more powerful, and that notion raised questions that left him profoundly uncomfortable.
image.png

???

Cloners. A truly disgusting breed. Jasper only needed the circumstances of his own conception to understand such a thing. There was a momentary shift in his attitude, one that reflected on his deeper understanding of the situation at hand.

"This is...customization. Genetic tailoring. They're not just making copies; they're creating improved versions."

"That isn't truly possible," Jasper noted, "Not without cutting corners. If they're looking to maximize the force sensitivity they're simply going to find madness.. Most of these clones will end up losing their minds. Tailored strand casts get... unstable when you throw in something you can't control."

Either they were weak in the force or insane. Cases of strong force sensitive clones that maintained their minds were few and far between. Nobody could truly control the force. The fact that the Sith grand plan had never been seen through to completion was evidence enough of this. A force sensitive army was the least dangerous part about the present situation. A swarm of inane individuals could be released on the galaxy at any given moment.

That was the true threat.

"Let's keep moving," the knight decided. "This revelation is useless if we stay down here."

He'd keep his wits about him, but Jasper would keep moving. The sooner they got out, the sooner they could pinpoint a location to get the Galactic Alliance to handle the threat.

They could blow this place to hell another time.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Braze felt a weight on his chest as he listened to Jasper. His mind churned with the implications of what they were seeing, the immorality of it only exceeded by the potential danger. But as Jasper said, they had to keep moving. The ethical questions could wait; right now, the objective was to get out and alert those who could put an end to this.

Tessa let her neon pink and green hair fall in front of her eyes, momentarily obscuring her view of the unsettling cloning tanks. "This is next-level messed up, even for the Sith," she muttered. Despite her outward appearance as a rebellious street punk, her comment was layered with a sense of awareness, as if she had seen more than her fair share of dark dealings.

Her eyes darted between Braze and Jasper, the two Jedi who believed she was on their side. "You guys seem shocked. Isn't this just another Tuesday for you Jedi types?" she said, feigning ignorance. Her fingers itched for her concealed comms device, the one that connected her back to her real allies.

"Look, the quicker we move, the quicker we're out of this horror show, right?" Tessa added, seemingly echoing Jasper's sentiment, but for entirely different reasons. Every bit of information, every new revelation about this facility, was something she needed to report back.

The hulking set of double doors at the end of the lab were a marvel of engineering, virtually impervious to force and resistant to energy weapons. Crafted from an exotic alloy, they bore no visible locks or handles—only biometric scanners and circuitry under a transparent shield. Tiny, crystalline nodes were peppered across their surface, shimmering lightly in the cold artificial light—clearly a form of energy diffusion to deter any lightsaber-wielding infiltrators.

Braze was engrossed in the cloning tanks, scrutinizing the grotesque contents in morbid fascination. Tessa, however, zeroed in on an inconspicuous maintenance panel tucked away on the side wall. It seemed out of place in this sterile, high-security environment, likely a remnant from a less sophisticated era of the facility's life.

"Keep an eye out, okay?" Tessa murmured, as she opened several draws in cabinets and pulled out a few medical tools. She looked over her shoulder briefly to see Braze's green eyes locked onto her. There was an intensity in his gaze that made her heart skip a beat.

Braze offered her a nod. "You've got it, ."

Turning back to the panel, she popped it open with a small prying tool and was greeted by an array of wires and circuits. Her eyes sharpened as she recognized the familiar patterns and redundancies of the security protocols. A smirk tugged at her lips. She had navigated through similar setups in the underworld, after all.

Her hands moved like they were guided by muscle memory: clipping wires here, rerouting others there, all the while avoiding the traps that would trigger an alarm or worse. Finally, she plunged the electro-probe into a well-concealed port, discharging a burst of electricity that danced along the circuitry like a bolt of lightning. She held her breath for a split second, hoping she'd made the right call.

And then, with a low, mechanical groan, the double doors shuddered before parting with a hiss, revealing the unknown expanse that awaited them.

Tessa cast a triumphant glance back at the duo, her hair a riot of neon pink and green, almost iridescent under the lab's lighting. "Never underestimate a girl with a few surprises up her sleeve."

Stepping through these large double doors, they were greeted to a room that serves as a hybrid of both a Genetic Library and a Data Analysis Center. It's where the facility's extensive genetic information meets computational horsepower. The walls are lined with towering data servers, each flashing with countless indicators and humming with incessant activity. These servers house genetic data from species across the galaxy, which the lab uses for its custom cloning projects.

In the middle of the room, several high-tech terminals are set up for immediate data analysis. Scientists could sit here and directly interact with the information, allowing for real-time adjustments to the cloning processes and other experiments. These terminals are crucial, not just for genetic sequencing but also for coordinating the various facets of this multi-layered operation. Here, the masterminds could observe the performance metrics of their bio engineered creations, and make tactical decisions on their mission strategies. Access to one of these terminals could offer invaluable insight into their future plans and the extent of their reach across the galaxy.

This Genetic Data Analysis Center would be a goldmine for anyone trying to uncover the full extent of the lab's capabilities and machinations.

"Yeah, a library. Great," Braze grumbled, clearly unimpressed. "I don't think this is the way out. "

Tessa's eyes darted around, keenly aware of the atmosphere. "Guys, I have a feeling we're not alone here."

As if on cue, a figure stepped out from behind one of the tall bookshelves. Dressed in dark, sophisticated armor tailored for efficiency, the man radiated an aura of authority and danger. His auburn hair was cut in a sleek, combat-ready style, half of it was shaved and the top was similar to how Jasper had styled his hair in a taught clean bun. and his teal eyes seemed to pierce the air, unsettling yet intriguing. There was gnarled scarring that looked like some kind of burn over one side of his body.

"I'd have to agree, you're not alone," the man declared, his voice laced with confident ease.

"Who the hell are you?" Braze growled.

"My designation is Ace," the man answered calmly, his eyes fixated on the white-haired child. "I've been watching your progress. You've come further than most; However this room is off-limits to you lot. But I'm not here to fight. Well, not necessarily."

Tessa could feel a chill go down her spine, a warning signal from her own Force sensitivity. "What do you want, then?"

"Same thing you do," Ace replied, his eyes drifting toward Tessa for a moment, causing an unexpected stir in Braze.

Braze offered Jasper an uncertain look, one the man could feel.

Last edited:

???

"I've been watching your progress. You've come further than most; However this room is off-limits to you lot. But I'm not here to fight. Well, not necessarily."

"I cannot emphasize how little I care about whatever weird rules you have going on here," Jasper noted with a dismissive shrug. "I can promise you we won't go in there so long as our gear or the exit isn't that way, but that's the best you're getting, buddy."

He'd give Braze a glance, ensuring that everything was fine. At least without words, anyways. The Jedi's grey eyes were soft, but confident. The knight wasn't easily walked over, not after an entire war honing his skills. This Ace fellow's words to the colorful haired girl were... bizarre. He didn't much trust that the man had alligning goals at all, not if he wanted to restrict them from accessing certain areas.

"So how's this gonna work?" he frowned. "You pointing us to the door, or what? I can't say I have much patience for waiting around if you feel like being cryptic."

Ace seemed like a talker. Jasper didn't want to waste the time if this guy was here to throw hands. He'd rather get whatever the hell this was over with.

wb1.png

TAGS:
alexboarder.png

Ace smirked at Jasper's lack of patience, taking a moment to pull a cigarette from his coat pocket. He put it between his lips and flicked open a vintage lighter, igniting the end with a calm inhale. "Well, aren't we all business? No time for pleasantries, I suppose."
He took a long drag, savoring it for a second before exhaling a cloud of smoke upward. "If I were here to 'throw hands,' as you so eloquently put it, I'd have started that already. But you're right, let's not be cryptic. Yes, there are certain areas here that are off-limits. Reasons for that are my own, but I assure you, none of your gear or any exits are located here."

Another puff of his cigarette followed, its embers glowing in the dim light. "I'll point you to the door, sure, but don't think that means I'll play nice with you. You don't know what fate is awaiting you on the other side of the next door. You don't even know what they did to you or your little padawan whilst you were out of it. "

Turning to Braze, Ace raised an eyebrow followed by a smug grin. "Your Padawan here has been diligent in his studies. He's developed quite nicely with all that 'Jedi stuff'. Must be quite the proud master, eh? But you... you don't quite have that same spark, do you? Does that ever bother you? That despite all your years, all your experience, you're still overshadowed? In fact, from what I can sense, your connection to the Force is... well, it's almost adorable. Makes me wonder, who's really the master here? "

He glanced at the absence of mechanical arm. "And speaking of adorable, that mechanical arm of yours. A vulnerability, isn't it?" Ace took another puff. "You may have survived a war or two, but your quick-to-act heroism is a double-edged sword, my friend. Quick to leap into action, quick to leap into trouble."

Finally, he flicked ashes from his cigarette onto the ground. "So, how this works is up to you. Follow the rules, play a little 'science fair', get out unscathed, and everyone's happy. Try to mess with the order of things, and, well... let's just say it won't be good for anyone."

Ace took a final drag from his cigarette before stubbing it out and tucking the butt back into his pocket. "Clear enough for you? Well, no need to answer. I'm sure you're brimming with confidence despite all your glaring weaknesses."

He took a step back, letting the words hang in the air, a clear provocation meant to stir the Jedi Knight. "So, what'll it be, Jasper? Still in a rush to get through that door? Care to gamble with the life of your student, about what we may have or may not have done so far? "

Realizing the gravity of their situation, Braze glanced to Jasper for a split second, acknowledging the unspoken tension and urgency and trying to offer him reassurance through their bond. They were, after all, trying to escape from a cloning facility, not engage in banter. But Ace's words had added another layer of threat and danger to not just their mission but the bonds that held them together.

Braze took a calculated step forward. "If you think trying to rattle us is going to slow us down, you're mistaken. We're getting out of here. Your games won't change that."

Braze looked at Ace, his eyes steady and calculating. There was something about this man that didn't sit well with him. It wasn't just the arrogance or the thinly-veiled threats; it was the complete disregard for the sanctity of life, the manipulative way he toyed with insecurities, his demeaning attitude, and his blatant attempts to sow discord. This was someone who reveled in the chaos of the human condition, who saw people's struggles not as something to alleviate, but to exploit.

Tessa smirked, her eyes narrowing into slits as she took a step closer to Ace. "You really think some flowery insults and a smoke show is gonna spook us? "

She flipped a strand of her vibrantly colored hair out of her face and snorted. "So, if you've messed with us, done anything shady, you'd better hope we never find out. 'Cause it won't end well for you. Got it?"

Braze nodded in approval. "She's right. We're done playing games. "

Ace chuckled, "Ah, the impatience of youth. So eager to run off without knowing what you're running into. You think your little glow sticks makes you invincible?"

He turned his gaze to Tessa, noting her rebellious demeanor. "And you, young one. All that punk attitude might make you feel like a force of nature, but it won't break any real barriers."

Ace grinned, savoring the moment. "You two might want to be more concerned about each other's weaknesses before facing whatever's out there. Like Braze's habit of diving headfirst into things, for instance. A real liability, especially in a place like this."

He looked at Tessa again, "And let's not ignore how that rebellious spirit of yours might just make you act against better judgment of the group. It's a bit like putting a firecracker in a powder keg, don't you think?"

Ace stepped back, amused. "So, if you're still so eager to find that door and 'do better things,' by all means, go ahead. But remember, all of you are only as strong as the weakest link."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom