Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tales of the 3rd Expeditionary

Sol'yan cringed at Ara's introduction, his eyes closing for a few moments. But, to be honest, he couldn't really fault her. This was her first mission aboard as his apprentice, and he couldn't expect her to have the polish of a seasoned padawan. He replaced his moment's long cringe with a slight smile, carrying both an apology for Liedren, and a hint of encouragement for Ara. Finn proceeded to speak his piece, relaying some information about the SJC contingent to this fleet. It appeared the Commodore was satisfied with the interaction between the three Jedi, as she excused herself and invited them to make use of her office for the time being. Sol'yan glanced down at Ara and issued a slight chuckle, shaking his head slightly. "The galaxy is bigger than you thought it was, eh?" He gave her a slight nudge on the shoulder in good natured jest before following up in a slightly more reassuring tone: "Everyone's first mission is slightly overwhelming, even for an old man like me. I'm sure Finn can say the same for himself."

The Feeorin Jedi nodded to his compatriot, then proceeded over to the viewport off to the side of the office. The starbase was within view, with all manner of traffic milling around, in and out of the station. Instances like this reminded the Jedi of the sheer amount of activity that took place within the galaxy at any point in time. Somewhere across the galaxy, their enemies - both known and unknown - were meeting with one another to plot some nefarious deed. On some far-flung world in the Outer Rim, upon some wretched hive of scum and villainy, scoundrels and all manner of ne'er do wells were planning some mischief. On some distant, undiscovered world, insects thrummed with life, building subterranean mounds which would easily meet or exceed modern feats of engineering, or some beast was stalking its prey in the middle of a lunar cycle.

It was moments like this that made Sol'yan appreciate just how active the whole galaxy was - how each person was but a cog in the infinite machine that was life and the force itself. It made him, despite his 7'-6" stature of near-pure muscle, feel inescapably small. This brought his attention to the mission at hand. The idea that this fleet would explore the thus far unexplored spoke to his very nature as a wanderer. He had spent much time (roughly 80 years, in fact) in a self imposed exile - exploring myriad of planets in the soul-searching mission of drawing himself closer to the living force. It was an experience he could not fully put into words, but it helped him to become the Jedi he was today. He was not perfect by any means - he still carried vestiges of his own inner demons to combat now and again, such as his species' known ill-tempered & easily provoked nature. He had made tremendous progress over the years in overcoming such a handicap, but he had to remain ever on guard. But moments like this helped him to keep such petty thoughts at bay - to remember that there was more in this galaxy that mattered rather than just himself. He was nothing but a conduit for the force to flow through, to the benefit of the galaxy at large.

If he could use his abilities to protect and guide those on this expedition, then he could rest assured that he was doing what Jedi were meant to do when they first began as an order. He would take this task seriously, lest he be judged wanting by those who would follow him. The Jedi Master turned from his gaze outside of the viewport and regarded Finn kindly. He had worked with the Jedi before, such as with that business on Felucia, but he couldn't say they were the closest of companions. Perhaps that would change here.
"I am pleased to see you again, Knight Finn."

He took a few steps closer and regarded the younger Jedi - a slight glint of regard in the Feeorin's eyes. "It has not been said yet, so forgive me for taking the time to do so now - you will have no issue from me with regard to your authority on our ship. My presence here is merely to advise and guide, should you require it. That said, I stand ready to assist with your command if you need, although I am no spacer." His grin broadened into a smile: "I could possibly contribute on the ground in some command capacity. But I'm sure you already have that well in hand." Sol'yan turned his attention to Ara, as if realizing he had never really introduced her to the Jedi Knight: "I'm sorry Ara, I don't think I've really introduced you. This is Jedi Knight Finn. He is a fine example of a young and accomplished Jedi. He would be a good person to turn to should you require guidance, on the occasion I am indisposed on this expedition." He gestured between the two, then folded his hands within his sleeves (as Jedi are oft to do).

"Tell me, Finn; what have you been up to since our last meeting?"

Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause Finley Dawson Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan Mallory Bash A ARS VAMI Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster Miria Tanau Miria Tanau Voldran Molf Voldran Molf

Last edited:

Mallory Bash

M
Mallory allowed herself only a darting glance at the Jedi, stifling her curiosity and keeping her gaze on the Commodore. She had the grave feeling she had interrupted something of greater priority than her mundane status report, but the fleet's commanding officer nevertheless navigated the interruption into an opportunity for both herself and the Jedi. Mal followed the Commodore into the situation room. leaving the jedi to confer among themselves.

Alone in the situation room, Commander Bash allowed a lingering glance at Liedran. She appeared taxed, not by anxiety, but by sheer weight of the unending matters required during the refit of the fleet for the Outlander mission. She hoped her momentary distraction proved a small respite for the busy officer.

"Captain Gran is well." Mal replied courteously. "No thank you ma'am." She added when Liedran offered her a seat at the table. Seeing the Commodore remained standing, Mal felt it was not appropriate for her to be seated. She had little formal military training, but the half-Nagai relied on her gut and ancillary experience to help her navigate her new naval environment.

"I just wanted to report that the resupply of the fleet is on schedule. There was a small glitch in the arrival of a stock of energy cells, for small arms and tools, that were due here for the Cadence. They will not arrive in time, but the station had a surplus that would meet our need. They will take the late shipment when it arrives to replace what they give us." Mal reported, suddenly feeling that an in-person meeting may have been overkill for the simple report, given the Commodore's full plate. "That is all, Commodore." She concluded.

Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause Finley Dawson Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan A ARS VAMI Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster Miria Tanau Miria Tanau Voldran Molf Voldran Molf Sol'yan Sol'yan

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
Kathryn narrowed her eyes slightly, and listened attentively as miss Quillan gave her a short introduction about her former service and combat experience. Naturally, it was essential for them to know more about each other if they were to answer up to the Alliance's and commodore Kathause's demands. Kathryn had read about the Stygian Campaign and heard about the Wraith Squadron. The small but effective unit was a jack of all trades when it came to combat and black operations, and was known for their acts of valor. They were skilled pilots and soldiers serving the New Rpublic and the Alliance, but rumors also had it that they were associated with the Sith. Colonel Foster was not particulary worried about the last part, as miss Quillan had passed the security checks without a fuzz and also had gained the commodores approval and blessing.

''Let's... hope we can avoid that, from now on.'' Foster said in response to the mention of suicide missions. She had embarked on some herself, the mission to Brentaal IV being one of them, but never one that she knew before would be one or one she didn't believe in.

''So! Karaoke, huh? Now, that sounds like something I gotta see - my XO singing her heart out for the pilots.'' she said blithely and smiled at Quillan, enjoying that they seemed to get along rather well.

They were about to round another corner, just when a lieutenant Vales came up to them and brought them to a halt in the hallway close to the hangar. What she said got colonel Foster to raise her eyebrows in surprise, but mostly in disbelief. Even if the lieutenant was a member of the unfortunate Searchlight Squadron, the accusations was more or less outrageously odd and surprising. She glanced at Quillan and then at Vales.

''That's pretty serious accusations, lieutenant. The SJC is one of our closest allies. Would you mind telling us what kind of security risk they present?'' she said and demanded the details, while gently moving the lieutenant closer to the wall to let a group of troopers pass by them in the hall.

Last edited:
Ara's face was blood red with embarrassment in the moment. The lady didn't shake her hand, her master was not impressed, she could even feel the feelings of amusement coming from the troopers around them. She stepped back with a lowered head, avoiding eye contact with everyone around her. She wanted to go home already. If they were going to treat her like a kid, she might as well stay home and take her podracer to Malastare.

Her master chuckled beside her, earning a huff from her as she turned her head away. "It's not funny." she grumbled with folded arms as she dared to glance up at him. Her master helped himself to the nearby viewport while she plopped down on a nearby open seat. She hated being put in a spot like this, having people laugh at her because they didn't care to tell her what to do. She was certainly annoyed at her master, but she would never dare to say it aloud or to tell him how to behave. She knew that she had a lot to learn and he was the only one willing to teach her. She certainly wanted to learn from him.

With a deep breath she tried to calm herself. Getting annoyed at people to try and preserve her own image wasn't going to benefit anyone. And she would like to avoid any possible issues with her master or the SJC on this trip.

She looked up at him when he spoke up and made his way over to the other Jedi. She figured that they knew each other from somewhere, she just didn't have the chance to ask about it... and she was a little hesitant to meet new people after what happened. Regardless, her master introduced the two of them and she said nothing. Her green eyes were locked onto the man for a moment. He was pretty. Pretty boys didn't last long in Underworld unless they were dangerous. She doubted that was the case in the Jedi Order. Regardless, he looked like he was in her age group. She probably looked a little closer to his age than she really was, given her upbringing. "I don't like taking advice from pretty boys." she accidentally blurted out.

Her heart sank in an instant. Her eyes went wide and her entire posture stiffened. She kept her gaze straight ahead, not even daring to look at her master. "I-I... uh..." she quickly got out of her seat and offered him a bow like her master did. "I-I hope we'll work together great on this mission." she stammered, hoping to quickly make up for her lacking attitude.

Sol'yan Sol'yan Finley Dawson Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster A ARS VAMI Mallory Bash Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause Voldran Molf Voldran Molf

S H A D O W - L O R D
Rhyssa Edaara Quillan-E’ron
Ace pilot, commando, major, 1st Expeditionary Fleet, 3rd Squadron, Force disciple
6e3n0ct.png
Equipment: Officer Uniform (major rank) | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | OPBC-01m || BB-4 astro droid – Little One || X-wing
Tag: Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause | Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster | Finley Dawson | Mallory Bash | Miria Tanau Miria Tanau | A ARS VAMI | Sol'yan Sol'yan | Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan
6akoRGg.png
"It has the excitement, but I'm more than happy if I'm able to take my people home in one piece." she admitted. It was no better if everyone could return home from the mission; for a commander, there was no greater success.

Chuckled softly at the words of the CAG, it seemed to her they are able to find common ground soon; she hoped this would be the case during the missions as well. After all, this is the best possible scenario and so they can get the best results.

"I strictly only sing after a few beers, I don't have the courage to do it before!" she grinned, with her military past, this could have been hard to imagine.

He wanted to continue when they met Lieutenant Vales after the next corner. The younger girl mentioned a very sensitive subject. When the CAG looked at Rhys, she shook her head; she hadn't heard of it, though she, too, had only arrived on the ship before she went to the Commodore's office. To tell the truth, she didn't really understand what she was talking about.

"What kind of prophecy, Lieutenant?" she asked. "Calm down and say it slowly, understandably, because nothing of that could be understood."

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

Traumatized Carrier-Loving Mess
[Galactic Alliance - 1st Expeditionary Fleet - 3rd Squadron]
[Commodore Liedran Kathause]
[ANV Cadence]

"That is all, Commodore." She concluded.

A nod. There weren't many words Liedran could muster in response, not at the moment at least. The logistical delay still irked her of course, but with the quick response on the part of Outlander Station, it wouldn't warrant much on her behalf.

"Alright," She managed to break the brief silence, eyes twitching noticeably while the commodore suppressed a yawn. Though Liedran was also quick to recover, and returned her eyes to the commander's without excessive delay, "Keep me advised on the energy cell situation. And see to it that we complete the transfers from the station," Another near-yawn. She shook her head abruptly before continuing once more to finish the conversation with some semblance of dignity, "You're dismissed, commander. Good luck."

Liedran spared a fleeting salute, with a sliver more composure than anticipated. At least her grasp of military mannerisms hadn't been lost over... She shook the memory, but not before she found herself met with a quick burst of pain in her side. It was only psychogenic, Kril'dor was long over-- the commodore reminded herself as she pivoted around a heel. Eyes now met the spartan doors to her office, softened by a meaningful minute of rest provided by Mallory's report, but quickly warping to display bizarre curiosity.

Right. She had left the jedi inside. The realization hit her in a resounding sigh, compelled a weary hand to rest on the cold skin of the back of her neck. Disappointed exhales followed next, in short lived series to accent the movement of her free hand toward the door's awaiting access keypad. Jenth... Aurek... She jotted in the codes absentmindedly, and soon began to repeat the sequence even after the metal plates slid apart. The fact only came to Liedran's attention on the third repetition, and by then, the damage was done. To her dignity, To her image...

Liedran shook loose the disorientation, yet again, and stepped inside. The jedi by then were wrapping up their introductions. Thankfully she didn't seem to have interrupted anything significant-- But if she did, the commodore hadn't registered that.

"Hmm..." The commodore parsed the contents of her mind carefully, consequently slowing to just as careful a walk as she rounded the desk's port side, "You say you're well suited to ISR duties?" Briefly, she awaited a nod, and composed her next sentence, "That should align your mission profile with the Minuet's."

She stopped in her tracks, only steps away from the office's cushioned chair. Liedran's eyes had locked with the aft-most viewport, a wide rectangular view of beyond the Cadence's aft, depicted clearly through the stainless transparisteel. But the commodore herself hadn't registered that image. Rather, the viewport had warped into the narrow low-res display that would have been allocated to a dropship. Instead of clearly defined stars, she only caught the massive contours that formed the silhouette of a star defender, alight in flame, seared by bright crimson beams.

The space around her rumbled suddenly, as if a shockwave had sliced across, and the hallucinations cut just as abruptly.

"The Knave should acquit itself well to our furthest scouting activities, Though I'd prefer you stay a comfortable distance behind the Minuet-- Commander Graves will be able to handle her own anyway," Liedran had begun to compose herself again, now scrolling through her own display to pinpoint the location of the corvette's schematic, then to throw a holographic translation into view at the center of the desk, "And we'll want a robust communications network to link us to our scouts. With a dedicated ELINT vessel, our range of coverage should also increase tenfold..."

She gave Finely and the others pause of uninterrupted thought, thought it was mostly for the commodore herself to readjust her posture-- she had been slouching despite her best efforts.

"Any concerns?"

Finley Dawson , Sol'yan Sol'yan , Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan , Mallory Bash

Last edited:
Colonel Foster tried to comprehend what the lieutenant tried to tell them, and thanks to major Quillans distinct request for the lieutenant to calm down, it became a little bit easier. Foster stood silent for a moment, nodding gently while contemplating the new information about this supposed prophecy. She was a woman who believed in science, and hard facts to back it up. That being said, she was also humble to her pilots and subordinates thoughts and issues, and was always open to listen to what they had to say. This prophecy was a first time issue for the experienced colonel, though.

''Lieutenant... I know about our fighters technical limitations, and you know we have protocols to balance those up.'' Well, she was the CAG, right?

''Kril'Dor might have been a hard blow for us, but we're well equipped and regrouped to meet the threats that you're talking about. Besides, we're not there yet. What planet is it that you're talking about? That map in your holocron, does it lead there?'' Foster continued trying to assure the lieutenant of the situation, while feeling the questions being more than the answers right now.

''Ara. She's the zabrak jedi, right?'' she added and glanced once at Quillan then back at Vales. ''Is she the one you say that you're connected with, and why would that be a problem? More importantly, what would happen if the prophecy is true? I mean, in the end?''

Last edited:

Mallory Bash

M
The Commodore absorbed the notes from the logistic officer, Mal noting again the weariness that seemed to strive to splay themselves across Kathause's features. The woman wasn't rude, nor did she seem irritated, holding that composure all officer's looked to in their commanders. Mal liked the Commodore, trusted her, and appreciated the fact that the monumental effort to rebuild the fleet weighed heavily on the woman's shoulders. Mal wasn't at Kril'Dor, and she gave those who were deference, right or wrong, to be weary and troubled.

Receiving the curt orders, Commander Bash nodded, offered a salute, though it wasn't a crisp snap. Mal hadn't adopted the rigid motions of the military, and it didn't seem to matter, not with the veteran personnel she was working with. Competence was what was demanded.

The Commodore turned to return to her office. Mal took a step to follow her, then recalled the Jedi awaiting Kathause. The Commander turned and took another exit out of the Situation Room. She made her way back to the docking bay to check the status on the shipment from Outlander. Mal would remain on the Cadence to ensure she could keep her finger on all the logistical activities about the flagship. She did stop long enough to send a comm to Captain Gran to offer and receive status updates.

Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster Voldran Molf Voldran Molf Sol'yan Sol'yan Finley Dawson Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan A ARS VAMI

Finley Dawson

F
As Master Sol'yan reintroduced himself to Finley, there were reassurances provided that he was only present in an advisory role, while Finley maintained operational control of the ship and crew for the joint mission. Finley smile and nodded, appreciative that the senior Jedi refrained from micromanaging. How could any Jedi grow otherwise?

"Thank you very much Master Sol'yan. I appreciate your confidence in my ability and your presence on the mission. If you feel most comfortable with ground operations, then I would be delighted to connect you with Major Exchart to get all that sorted with your own team."

He certainly wasn't opposed to extra hands, which meant that Finley could focus more on drone operations and flight deployments.

"Well aside from planning this deployment, I've been assisting strike teams operating in territories most recently held by the defunct Sith Empire. On paper, the Empire is gone, but the influence of the Sith lingers. I've also been looking into disturbances caused by these gates or rifts that have appeared recently. There has been a precipitous rise in paranormal activity since then."

Sol'yan continued, formally introducing his Padawan to the Knight. Once again foot came to mouth with an outburst about not trusting pretty boys - presumably him. She quickly sputtered some platitude, but her earlier words could not be so easily taken back.

The Corellian could only chuckle, all too familiar with this situation. He got it, just off his appearance some people got the impression he was better suited for a boy band than being a Jedi Knight. (Honestly on his toughest days he wouldn't mind such a life swap.) That was fine, the Sentinel had learned to use such misconceptions to his advantage.

"I would very much like us to work together, and while doing so, prove myself worthy of the same respect your master has shown me today. Also, thanks for the compliment." He gave her a playful wink to diffuse the awkward exchange.

Finley considered if he should say more, trying not to offend Sol'yan in the process, but thankfully the Commodore came back to propose an assignment. The Corellian vigorously nodded along, happy to avoid further awkwardness.

"Very good. I don't have any further questions at this time. I'll see about getting in contact with Commander Graves, and I'll sure to have our comms group work with yours to ensure we're well integrated in the future. Thank you for your time, Ma'am."

He rose, but as he wasn't a military man, he gave her a respectful bow instead of a salute. For now, the Knight was done here and was ready to return to the Knave unless Kathause had more for him.

Thus far, he had a good impression of the Commodore. She obviously knew her own units' capabilities quite well and was quick to work the Silver contingent into the fold. He had also come out of the meeting with a high opinion of Sol'yan, who seemed to embody all the qualities of a Jedi Master he looked for. Finley wouldn't hold the conduct of Padawan Sheridan against him - only a few years ago he had still been a Padawan himself, so he knew how the process went shaping them up to be proper Knights.

"We would be pleased if we could host you and your staff some time for a meal, and help get everyone comfortable. It's a longstanding tradition among the Exploration Corps."

One last tasty meal of fellowship before venturing out into parts unknown.

Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause Mallory Bash A ARS VAMI Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster Miria Tanau Miria Tanau Voldran Molf Voldran Molf Sol'yan Sol'yan Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

Traumatized Carrier-Loving Mess
[Galactic Alliance - 1st Expeditionary Fleet - 3rd Squadron]
[Commodore Liedran Kathause]
[ANV Cadence]

"Very good. I don't have any further questions at this time. I'll see about getting in contact with Commander Graves, and I'll sure to have our comms group work with yours to ensure we're well integrated in the future. Thank you for your time, Ma'am."

The jedi gave a respectful bow. Liedran straightened her posture in response, and met the jedi's bow with her own, all the way resisting her own mind's attempt to throw in a salute.

Finely continued.

"We would be pleased if we could host you and your staff some time for a meal, and help get everyone comfortable. It's a longstanding tradition among the Exploration Corps."

It took the commodore an extra moment to formulate the thought; A hint of awkwardness in Dawson's posture distracted her briefly. She shook away the temptation to pry further before her curiosity could be revealed.

"I'll advise the senior officers of your offer," Liedran nodded quickly, her expression seeming to have perked up by even the smallest amount. She had been considering hosting her own gathering from the advent of Cadence's launch, a reprieve from the veterans' memories of Kril'Dor, of Sev Tok long before... But for all the desire in her mind and soul, the commodore couldn't organize something of the sort, as if she'd be forgetting the dead if she did. So she was thankful for Finley's offer, even if she hadn't left it entirely obvious.

Another nod, slowly this time. Her posture relaxed a noticeable amount, after a quick hand gesture to signal that the jedi had been cleared to leave and to tend to their own duties.

"Corporal Ackley-" Liedran's eyes turned toward a marine who had appeared by the doorway, "-will be able to escort you back to your ship." To the younger corporal, she gave a relaxed salute, then a reassuring smile when she saw her gesture returned.

"I look forward to working with you three."

Finley Dawson , Sol'yan Sol'yan , Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan

S H A D O W - L O R D
Rhyssa Edaara Quillan-E’ron
Ace pilot, commando, major, 1st Expeditionary Fleet, 3rd Squadron, Force disciple
6e3n0ct.png
Equipment: Officer Uniform (major rank) | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | OPBC-01m || BB-4 astro droid – Little One || X-wing
Tag: Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause | Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster | Finley Dawson | Mallory Bash | Miria Tanau Miria Tanau | A ARS VAMI | Sol'yan Sol'yan | Ara Sheridan Ara Sheridan
6akoRGg.png
Rhys didn’t specifically like Force visions, dreams, or even prophecies. She used to experience quite a lot of visions and dreams. Most are just a nightmare and are pretty accurate. If she disregards the fact that she gets surreal images. She didn’t really want to answer that, but in the end she did it completely unintentionally.

"The prophecies are quite accurate, especially if one has seen it in the Force. The interpretation makes it misleading." she said.

It was no secret that she is a Force Sensitive, it was in her file, just that part was incomplete what she is capable of. When the fact came to light, she was untrained. The data has not been updated since. However, she still didn't understand what she meant by that. Everything was incredibly confusing. If there had been a description, recording, everything would have been easier.

"Take some deep breaths and calm down. Do you have a documented form of the prophecy that we can read? Because it is not clear from your words how you know what you are talking about, and why you accuse others. Do you have any evidence to support your words?" she asked.

She didn't want to accuse her yet, she wanted to believe the girl, but everything was too confusing. And it was the method of the Sith that aroused distrust in order for no one to trust the other. The major hoped her intuition would be wrong…

XppFif9.png

MRpi2mY.gif

''Well...'' colonel Foster put into the conversation, and spared the major a glance before giving lieutenant Vales a reassuring smile. ''... troubles are our speciality. Isn't it, lieutenant?'' she asked rhetorically, assuming the young officer would agree.

Involuntarily, Foster begun to twist the hands behind her back and weigh on her toes, beginning to feel slightly stressed over todays tasks. At the same time, ff there was worry within the lieutenant, Kathryn felt it was her duty to uncover it and hopefully put it to rest. Anxiety within the ranks was an invisible but equally dangerous foe as the ones the lieutenant spoke of, which they had met many times before. It might have been the lieutenants first tour with the 1st Expeditionary Fleet, and they might have to pick her up and integrate her into the camradiere and spirit of the squadron.

''I'm no force user myself, neither is the commodore, but I can see to it that you get to meet her later today. I think it'd be more appropriate that you give her the information first hand. Now, we were just about to meet with the squad leaders and set up todays exercise - if you want, you're welcome to join us.'' she continued, looking with interest for an answer from Vales. ''Oh! By the way, this is major Quillan - my second in command from here on.'' she added and gestured with an open hand at the major, when coming to think of the forgotten introductions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom