Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking Stock of the Market [Open]

"Okay," Skrik said, as she always did. It never really meant anything; it was just a habit. She proceeded to lie to the stranger with the dog. "My colleague, Carden, have losing our greatest friend. It has so difficulty. When he is losing, we cannot have finding him."

The human-Rattataki woman glanced at the bearded man's wolfhound, smiling sweetly despite the fact that she feared dogs. "Possibly are you helping us, or no?" Sometimes she just felt so sly.

[member="Colap Ticon"] [member="Carden Lorps"]

"I'll follow you, let's get some grub."

A wide grin split the girl's features. She could buy a lot, since this guy would surely carry the bags for her. Making her way over towards the aisles, Kohai followed her nose to the peppers she smelled before. Weighing a few in her hands, she began filling a bag with them, getting about half way before she was done.

Tilting her head, she looked around, before turning back to [member="Davik Tren"] , "You seen the meat? We need some real meat." She new she hadn't been specific, but she wasn't feeling picky. Anything was better than that poodoo they'd gotten a ways back. This stuff was actual food!

"Oh! Are those... juicemelons" Pinch me...

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik followed his crewmate rather boredly through the vast market district of the town, which boomed with all sorts of colorful produce. The streets were lined with vendors of all creeds and races that were trying to make honest pay for their honest work in the vast farming plantations or even family owned estates.

"You seen the meat? We need some real meat."

Davik hadn't seen the meat at all in fact, however, he had Smelled it aboard. With multiple vegetables and colored fruits In large plastic bags about his arms, the spacer was beginning to wish he hadn't been found, but managed to keep up nonetheless.

[member="Kohai Drenn"]

Linori awkwardly scratches the back of her neck. She knew better than to inquire further, but she had quite the curious mind about her. She takes a seat on a bench between two stalls and pulls out her datapad, talking as she typed at the screen. “A quest?” the miraluka inquires towards Veino. “A quest for what? I haven’t heard that term used in quite some time, kindly sir.”

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Veino shrugged with a sad smile, "I wish I knew. Currently, a quest to protect the ones in need of protection, help those who need helped, and correct what wrongs that I find." He gave a bitter chuckle. "It's a great goal, isn't it? So easy to do." It took a bunch of wandering from place to place with no goal in sight or way to accomplish it.

Linori breathes deeply then sighs in relief. So this Veino guy didn’t seem so bad, at least from what she could tell or feel. She gestures towards him with her tablet. “It sounds easy, though I’m sure it isn’t, kindly sir. What if you end up protecting the wrong type of people?”

[member="Linori Pryde"]

Veino chuckled, "It isn't easy, and that is one of the reasons why." He frowned slightly, considering it. "I have no answer. I just have to trust the Force that I can read them properly. Or live with the guilt." That was something he considered everyday. Had he done that before? Or will he do it? Quite likely, actually. The question was when.

A young woman wandered into the produce section. She wore a sheer silken shirt, just opaque enough to make daddy mad, and jean shorts and some cute sandals she'd found yesterday. She picked up two melons and looked at them. Hmm. They didn't look very ripe. She cupped them in both hands and turned around, looking for the grocer.

She should have paid more attention to her culinary classes, but Jake had been sooooo distracting. Ugh. She still remembered his pretty green eyes. Just the thought of him sent shivers down her spine. He'd made a nice soup.

A nearby guy looked like he might know. [member="Davik Tren"]

"Excuse me, are these ripe?" she asked, face scrunched up in that frustrated frown.

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik had held his attention on [member="Kohai Drenn"] as she was shopping, but now he turned to see the young looking woman holding the two melons. Davik did not know the first thing about produce or the freshness of a random sort of melon for that matter, but as he took one of them for himself and gave it a squeeze, it did not take a connoisseur to figure out that the melon was less than ready for consumption

The lady that had posed the question was beautiful in her own right, but a woman like this was almost certainly spoken for and the spacer doubted it would even be worth a shot, so he simply put the two melons back and gave her the two that he had judged to be the freshest.

"These would probably be better... Though I am not quite sure."

[member="Stasya"]

"Oh thanks!" she giggled, "I failed agroscience."

She looked around. Oh no! Her camera crew seemed to have disappeared. Uh oh, how was she supposed to get back? Stasya took the melons from the guy, looking back at him. Hey, he was kinda cute. Hmm. She licked her lips.

"Uhm, I think I got lost. I can't find my camera crew." She pouted.

[member="Davik Tren"]

Kohai padded quickly back to her bags, tossing her freshly wrapped meats among the rest of her selections. She put her hands on her hips, taking an inventory of all the things she'd snagged. Directing a nod of affirmation towards her bounty, the girl glanced around the area.

Now, where'd he go?

Her eyes fell upon her friend. It would appear that she had left him behind at some point, but he wasn't too far away. Leaving her food behind, she made her way over. She was not going to carry all of this, herself.

"These would probably be better... Though I am not quite sure." Davik Seemed to be helping a fellow shopper, a beautiful one at that. Who knew he was such an expert when it came to the science of fruit. Kohai would definitely have make a note of his expertise for next time.

When the conversation between the two didn't end with the melons, the young engineer decided that she could afford to wait. Sitting down lightly on the ground, Kohai dug into a deep pouch clinging to her belt, fishing out a datapad.

May as well check the league progress... I wonder if the crew's into limmie...

[member="Davik Tren"] [member="Stasya"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik nodded at the girl and leaned against the wall that they were stood at, partly because he was being weighed down so heavily by the groceries that his loving crewmate had given him the privilege of bearing. The spacer wondered what this girl was doing out here, he knew of no regular jobs that would require a camera crew. Let alone a camera crew and melons.
"Uhm, I think I got lost. I can't find my camera crew."
Davik smiled at the girl, who seemed so innocent in her ways, but he sensed there must be something more to her.

"Oh yeah?.. Well perhaps I could help you find them... I'll be in port for a while."

[member="Stasya"]

Stasya set the melons back down and smiled sweetly at [member="Davik Tren"]. Behind him she saw a blonde girl who just up and sat down on the ground. Ew. The ground was kinda dirty out here. Why would she go and do a thing like that? Oh. She glanced between the sitting girl and the cute guy. Oooh.

Still smiling, she held out a hand. "Oh, like, I'm so totally rude. I'm Stasya, what's your name?!"

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik smiled back at the girl. He had not heard such dialect such dialect from another for a while, and he doubt he would for a while, but the way this girl talked only interested the spacer more and he took more care to keep his frame straight and keep his body... "Taught".

"Well, Stasya. It's a pleasure to meet such a pretty girl on such a beautiful day. Im Davik, Davik Tren."

With a sly wink and smirk, the smuggler held his own hand out to shake the girl's in a friendly way. He had no real way of knowing where the girl was held up, let alone how he would go about finding her companions, but that did not matter to him much right now.

[member="Stasya"]

The blonde giggled daintily, but suddenly her smile faded. "Oh, I'd love to stay and talk but I really should be going. I have a modeling shoot I can't miss. If only I could find my camera crew." She looked around, pouting, then got all excited, jumping up and down. "Oh, oh! I think I see them!" She pointed down a nearby alleyway. "They just went over there..." Her expression saddened rapidly. "But uh... it looks kinda dangerous. I don't know this place very well. Could you help me go over there and find them?"

She held one arm shyly.

[member="Davik Tren"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik had by no means yet been seduced by the girl, he had his partner to look after as well and any unneeded excursions would be viewed badly on his record. And he didn't want that especially when trust was to be the major building block of a ship's crew.

"But uh... it looks kinda dangerous. I don't know this place very well. Could you help me go over there and find them?"
The spacer looked from left to right and then back at [member="Kohai Drenn"]. He could not rightly take this girl anywhere without at least letting her know, however, the journey would not be far. He knew Kohai could look after herself and thus he felt that he could at least lead this girl a bit down the alleyway, perhaps to the next block.

"Sounds alright... You lead the way."

[member="Stasya"]

"Hehe! okay, come on!"

Stasya grabbed [member="Davik Tren"] by the hand and hurried toward the alleyway. "Let's go!" She skipped along, dragging the cute guy along. "So what do you do for a living? Hmm, your hands feel kinda rough. Are you a pilot? You look like a pilot!"

She met a lot of pilots, but not many as cute as this one. He seemed nice. And he knew about fruits! And he as gonna help her get out of here! Her stomach gurgled. Oh. She hadn't eaten in a while. Sad face.

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik made a slight sound of sudden suprise as he was pulled along down the alleyway, but he soon recovered and was keeping good pace with the girl, though to be honest he had no idea where they were in the vast port city. He thought it would be best to follow the girl at any rate, perhaps her "Crew" could help direct him back to the spaceport.

The alley itself was very narrow, only two or three men abreast could fit into it's duracrete opening. This was not at all a shock considering the age of the actual city which had probably been converted to be a spaceport from it's earlier roots.

"You sure you saw them this way?"

[member="Stasya"]

"Uhm," she said, voice quaky as they wandered further into the alley, "I think so." Stasya scrunched up her nose. "This place smells."

Still holding Davik's hand, she clung to it tightly as they rounded a corner and came on yet another alley, this one far darker than the first and out of view of all the main streets. "I-... I don't like the look of this place," she whimpered.

Suddenly, two men emerged from behind a dumpster. Cutpurses who hung around in these dark places during marketplace times just waiting for an opportunity like this. They drew knives and headed straight toward [member="Davik Tren"] and Stasya. The girl screamed and clutched onto Davik's arm with both hands.

"OH MY GOSH THEY HAVE KNIVES! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!

-Prior to the joining of the Order of the Grey-

Hakora really enjoyed the days when the old man allowed him leave and he could go to town. He walked through the town enjoying the sights and smells. As he moved through the city, people offered him fruits and other produce that he kindly refused. He quickly became bored until he came across a blonde girl with a bounty of food and on a data pad. He crouched down a few yards behind her and hid a little, she looked bored and he wanted to change that. He reached out with the force and made one of her fruits fall out of the sack and roll away as if it just happened. He let it come to a stop and waited for her to go get it at which point he made the fruit take flight and played with her in secret so if she went to grab it, it would move away quickly. The fruit would stay in her range, just circling her.

[member="Kohai Drenn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom