Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Taking Center Stage | GA

Sanjin / Cloud Colony Areta Ka / Capitol Sector
Governor’s Palace

Carolina Tevinter scribbled some notes in a datapad as people shared their piece. She noted the importance placed on corruption, fiscal responsibility, and military strength. She smiled as Constantine hesitated, before introducing himself. She listened as he concurred with Senator Ce-Pas-Ton. She wouldn’t have expected those two get along, based on their respective reputations on their views of the New Jedi Order. She smiled as Constantine finished his piece.

Carolina stood up fand extended an hand out to the table, “Thank you, Mr. Oliva, with introductions over, to reiterate what people have shared so far,” before sitting down again to review her datapad.

“There’s a concern about the financial sustainability of our current position. Our debt with the InterGalactic Banking Clan is growing and many of our worlds are already dependent on the Galactic Standard Credit, to which they control. Some have mentioned adoption of an alliance Credit.”

“There’s support for further investment into military solutions to the present threats, Bryn'adul, and Sith, notably.”

Carolina slowly smiled, “and on the other hand there is great concern for corporate greed, and the effect it has had on our institutions, and ultimately, our people.

“There seems to be a desire among some to see the Federal Assembly do more for the people, to support the working conditions and rights of sentient workers, and sentient rights-at-large,”

“With that summary, let’s open this conversation up. What are people thinking?
” She said, glancing up before the members of the room.

"Where's my datapad!" Greeble tried to look around, but their large body limited their movement, and now that there were more people sitting next to them, they couldn't turn around without whacking someone with their big tail. Luckily, a service droid rushed over with the datapad. Politicians tended to talk a lot, and Greeble wanted to take a few notes. Greeble scowled at the fact that the droid wasn't carrying anything edible. "So thoughtful, the lot of you," Greeble smiled towards the other attendees after acquiring the datapad. "So much care for the people we rulCOUGH I mean, represent."

"Constantine Oliva, you say we should not rely on an outside force in order to centralize; I do not understand if you were referring to the Jedi as an example of an outside force or as a suggestion. As I understand, the New Jedi Order is of the Galactic Alliance."

"Again, I am pleased to see the great deal of compassion for the people expressed by everyone here. A prerequisite of a good politician!" Greeble ended with a deep laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom