Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Taking a Stand [WoL]

A man can change his stars
gabriel-flauzino-saint-14-4.jpg

W E I K
A Few Miles from Vossport

Wardens of the Light. Founded on the edict of aiding those who are in need. People who are able to stand and be the wall that is against the evils of the galaxy. But first order of business, was the fact of these supposed Witches and Wizards of the Skyholm Lucites. A group of people I knew all too well. Perverse of the Dark side of the force in such a way that made me sick. Sacrificing people in the name of some "Fallen Star" that told them of such acts. Hunting people down in servitude of some Divine intervention. While I am a Jedi, which is considered a religion, being a part of one such that spreads terror, and hatred on a singular planet for the purpose of their Star deity? It filled me with a pitty for their short sighted minds, and filled me with sadness that would bring many to pain.

I felt no hate towards them. While their actions were not in favor of the populace, I wished for them to see that their actions brought about many horrid things.

"Thank you for the information. Please, do make your way to Skyholm and find shelter. We wish none of what may happen to reach you."
"Thank you sir...?"
"Uh... Kale Seleare."
"Thank you Kale. We will be gone."

The man turned around and headed over to his wife. Holding a small child in her arms. The couple have been living on this farm for years it seemed. However, with how close it was to a potential battle that may take place? I was really hoping that they would not be here to see it. As well to keep themselves out of harms way. Turning to those who were joining me, I spoke.

"Alright, From what I gather, within the Swamp near here, are a multitude of cabins and homes for these Lucites who have gathered in the name of a Star Deity. As much as it may be easy to just bring the pain to them, I really would rather us capture as many as we possibly can. The very last option should be death. Alright. Let's make headway there, and if you have questions, ask on our way."

Removing the helmet from underneath the pit of my arm, held aloft with two hands, I stopped for a moment. Looking at all who came.

"We are Wardens of the Light. Protectors of all the Light touches. Now lets be off to do so."

Pulling up the helmet upon my head. I turned around and walked onward to the swamp.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Kaleleon Kaleleon

The new robes itched a bit.

That was Aaran's primary thought as he marched alongside Kale and the other Wardens. His mind living entirely in the moment as he moved to engage the crazed Lucite cultists. Any deliberation, any navel gazing he would have had regarding the righteousness of his actions were long in the past. Ever since the call had gone out. He knew he would take part. How could he not? He made the promise to himself. In the depths of the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk. Surrounded by the Living Force. As he assembled his lightsaber. He imprinted a promise into his blade. To help those in need.

So that is what he would do here. Save those in need. He knew that many of the cultists would be too far gone to reasonably try and save without putting others at risk. So ingrained in their brutal traditions that the idea of adapting to a more peaceful lifestyle would not be accepted. Those were the people Aaran had come to defend against. It was the younger generation. Those that still had yet to cross the line. To make the choices that would define their life for the worst. Those were who he was here to save.

If they could be convinced to stop their self-destructive practices. To understand that the choices their elders forced upon them were not ones they had to take. Then Aaran could feel he had accomplished good work this day. And in the end, that was all that mattered for him. So long as he could change the lives of a handful of people for the better. That was a victory for him. Sure, in the long run it would not matter. Some new dark cult would spring up. But long-term galaxy spanning ambitions were not for the Padawan. He was content in knowing that his actions would mean the world for the individuals he helped. Who may then end up going on to help people themselves.

"Any idea of what we'll face?" He asked Kale as he walked beside his fellow Padawan. His tone calm and conversational. As if discussing the weather and not the assault on crazed cultists with magical powers. Just another day in the life for the two Knight Errants.

Kestrel Dray

K
In some respects, this endeavor felt personal for Dray.

While Kestrel hadn’t been a sacrificial lamb, she certainly understood what it was like to be considered disposable by higher powers with their own twisted ideals, beyond what you could control. The thought of what they planned, both saddened and sickened her. If she could help it, then she would ensure the children and future children of this place, had the chance she never did: to enjoy a childhood free of fear.

Perhaps there had been happy moments in her own early life, but it was before a time that she could remember; sold to a man so callous that he boasted of how much cheaper it was to run a child, than droids. At the time, she had been scrawny and quick on her feet, suitable to send on errant tasks that more often than not, put her life and the lives of the other children in his care, in great peril. Many friends had perished unnecessarily, and not even the warmth of the desert could contend with the cold and unforgiving world she’d lived in, long before Judah Lesan Judah Lesan bargained for her freedom.

In a way, she was here to try and bargain for theirs, for the young caught up in all of this, to make a difference. It was exactly why she’d wanted to become a Jedi, to begin with.

As Kale spoke, she simply bowed her head and listened. She was not the sort to burst with questions on the spot, but her brows furrowed and her lips pursed. Her legs carried after the two others when they were off, hand resting on the hilt of the blade at her hip.

“To add to Padawan Aaran’s query," she said, cerise eyes looking onward, "Do you have a rough estimate of how many there are?”

Kaleleon Kaleleon | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

A man can change his stars
Hearing the voices of two other Jedi with me, I made sure that the Wardens who were with us, as well as any Jedi with questions would be away from earshot of the civilians that had provided us with information. Funny enough, I knew the answer to both of their queries. Continuing to walk on, I decided to answer the easier one first.

"In recent years, their group has expanded. The Paladins of Adamite Tower were having some troubles with them during that time cropping up. So if this is their central collection, there could be very well twenty to forty people here."

I sighed heavily. These people, the Lucites have been known to be fighting against not just the neutral groups here, but also the Paladins. The Warrior Judges of the planet. Which luckily, many of them have joined the Wardens Cause. In fact, my mother and father joined us in this endeavor. Even some who I once considered teachers and mentors as a young man, joined forces with the Wardens. While of course there were some who would rather stay on Weik to perform their duties there, The aspect of protecting people among the stars was an offer some could never refuse.

I grew up here. I knew these people. My people. I felt as though it was not just my duty as a Jedi, A Warden, but also a duty to my neighbors, and family to do this.

"The Lucites are a dark group who worship the pain and sacrifice of others. Long ago, a "Star" fell from the heavens and somehow showed them that the sacrifice and pain of others was the true way to gain favor among the stars. So I expect we will find... some images you may not wish to see. We may very well see the worst that humanity has to offer. Twisted and Corrupted by the Dark side."

Walking on with my armor, I felt a sadness for what we would potentially have to do.

"Just because they are taken by the dark side, doesn't mean they cannot be shown the error of their ways."

Of all people, I would know this first hand.

Kestrel Dray Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

It had been long since Audren had been about the galaxy in his Jedi capacity. He'd taken a step back from the life of a Jedi for a time - maybe a bit longer than he should have - to focus on other matters, though he'd kept as much of an eye and ear on the state of the galaxy as he could. Personal situations and his companies had taken precedence however.

He'd heard of this group, the Wardens of the Light, and their upcoming mission through his connection with the Silver Jedi. He'd been looking to stretch his metaphysical muscles, so to speak, and the situation seemed more appropriate than some of the others available. A group called the Lucites, Dark Side followers or fanatics causing problems on the planet Weik. So he'd sent notice that he'd be tagging along and headed out to Wild Space. It was far from normal communications, so he expected there wouldn't be a whole lot who knew him there, if any.

So now he stood with three others. Correction, he moved with three others. Armor-clad, and glad that he still fit into it. The armor itself had taken on the more muted tones of the environment they moved through but had not fully been intended for swamps. Unlike Kale's armor, he wore no helmet. This presumably gave him wider peripheral vision and access to more hearing, but less protection. Weapons were at hand of course, lightsaber and more.

Twenty to forty people was not a lot. Or it could be. Those numbers of civilians versus a single Jedi would not be much of a challenge. Toss weapons into the mix however and the outcome was suddenly in doubt. Put four armed Jedi into that situation and the odds evened. If those numbers were indeed trained however, the odds stacked back up against the Jedi. Trained and aware, lying in wait...that wouldn't be good. Unfortunately there wasn't much information available on this group; it was one of the downsides of being so far off the beaten path. The answers given were good, but he wanted more.

"Force-sensitive? How well-trained? Armed? Expecting us?"

Questions, questions, and more questions. They would continue on their chosen path regardless, but more knowledge meant better planning. When the odds were five or ten to one those plans could mean the difference between success and failure: in this case likely becoming fuel for some mystic's Dark Side ritual.

Kaleleon Kaleleon Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Kestrel Dray

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
Kaleleon Kaleleon Kestrel Dray Audren Sykes Audren Sykes

He said nothing initially to Kale's explanation. Logically he could acknowledge that these people deserved a chance. His own compassion urged him to offer the hand. But only so long as they were willing to cooperate. If they found themselves overwhemled against opponents that could actually fight them on equal ground and decided to surrender, Aaran would stay his blade. If any accepted the initial offer of surrender and possible redemption. He would do his best to guide them on the right path.

But he would not allow his misguided mercy to allow those who truly did not care to repent another chance to harm an innocent. Wyatt Morga's fatal mistake on the Magnus showed Aaran that compassion and mercy must be tempered with logic. Allowing too much emotion to influence one's decision would lead to further issues down the road. It was not a matter of hate or distaste for those touched by the Dark side. But simple medicine. For the body to flourish. Sometimes infected tissue had to be removed as it was too far gone to cure.

Even the warning that he may see the worst that sentient life could produce did not so much as merit a twitch from the Padawan. When when encounters the likes of Kyrel Ren, fresh off the butchering of an entire village. It tends to dull one's ability to be startled at gruesome sights. His heart still cries out for those who are fallen. But in situations like that. There is no place for emotion. Only peace.

"How long until we get there?" It was his only question before continuing the rest of the journey in silence. Arms folded behind his back as he walked. Eyes closed as he reached out. Opening his mind to the Force. Preparing himself for the conflict to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom