Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking a short break...

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
With Coruscant behind him Senator Khantor let out a sigh of relief. For the next few days he wouldn't need to worry about attending any meetings, signing any petitions or filling out paper work, it was just a brief period of time to relax and look over what he had accomplished. To be thrown into this Senatorial role only two months ago and still be sane was no easy feat and he had to acknowledge that. However no politician could continue work without treating themselves to a break. So here he was on a public transport to the planet, Nar Shaddaa. He was looking forward to admiring all the neon lights and the city landscape. Of course he knew that it could be dangerous at the same time as the Hutts weren't well-known for enforcing any laws, however he felt confident enough in his fighting skills, that they would be enough to protect him.

"There are so many interesting things to watch on public transports, you get to meet the most wonderful people", his mentor had told him. Well he would definitely meet someone, the transport seemed to be filled to the brim with different species. Some trying to seek attention others trying to avoid it. He decided to catch a bit of rest before greeting anyone. He leaned back into his chair and began studying the passengers. No one seemed to be in the mood to talk as he saw some passengers attempting to avoid eye contact with him. "Well, he thought to himself, it's a long flight. Someone will want to talk eventually. I hope this flight will get a bit more exciting."

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik smiled from a few rows away as the transport had lifted into the atmosphere of Coruscant, and set off for Nar Shaddaa. He could see the Togruta from where he was positioned, and he observed how the man looked so innocent in the chair, as senators always were. This job was going to be easy especially with the new mandalorian companion that he had come across.

It was all very convenient really, but a situation like this had to be approached very carefully, no doubt a senator may be under the careful eye of authorities even on a public transport such as this. With this in mind, Davik made his way across the rows in order to arrive at the small booth that Khantor sat in. He could see no guards or any security nearby, save for the occasional passing attendant that handed out stronger drinks to other spacers and travellers alike. When he arrived he looked down very nonchalantly at the Togruta and smiled in an innocent greeting. "Hello there, this seat taken?"

@[member="Khantor Ruu"]
@[member="Kiber Lacer"]

Kiber watched closely as Davik moved closer to make contact with the senator. Kiber walked to a seat near the booth so that he could provide security for Davik.
"This better pay well," remarked Kiber in his chair.

@[member="Davik Tren"]
@Khantor Ruu

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
It had not been long when a male human decided to join Khantor. "Hello there, this seat taken?" the man asked. The Senator was pleased to have found some company on what would have been a long, boring voyage, so happily allowed this stranger to take the spare seat. "You are more than welcome to. It's nice to have someone to talk to, something to distract myself with" Khantor said smiling. He gestured towards the vacant spot. "So", he began, starting to get curious,"What is a man like you doing heading to Nar Shaddaa? You're not some kind of gangster right?" he said chuckling to himself at how silly that would be. This man seemed like a very decent fellow...

@[member="Davik Tren"]
@[member="Kiber Lacer"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik smiled at the man as he sat down briskly. With slight interest the young smuggler looked over the equipment of the clearly wealthy Togruta. He would say that it was a suprise that a being with such status in the republic and obviously to the senate itself. He would also suspect that such a man would be more closely guarded as to deter men such as himself from getting so close to a senator who represented the opinions of millions, perhaps billions.

"A gangster? Hah! I would not be seen within 80 parsecs of any those scum!"

The young human simply began to play with a credit chip in his fingers and look back towards the Togruta who may be the ticket to his own wealth. He did not need to portray that he was any kind of threat, only a small time citizen from Coruscant.

"To return the question, what would a clearly wealthy man such as yourself be doing on a transport like this? Especially one bound for Nar Shaddaa?"

@[member="Khantor Ruu"]

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Khantor was glad that the man had not taken offense to his joke. He didn't want to anger the man and be left alone on what could be a tedious journey. It was now the man's turn to ask him a question with which he replied. "Well I've decided to take a short break from my work at the Senate. Being the Senator of a star system leaves a man with little time for himself which you may not realise". Khantor tried to forget about the stack of paperwork that had to be checked and edited in his office, instead distracting himself by watching his new friend fiddle with a credit chip in his hands.
"Well I only left my homeworld Shili for the first time a few months ago so I've only ever seen Coruscant. I've heard that Nar Shaddaa is quite a popular tourist destination so I thought I'd head over there". Khantor suddenly realised that he hadn't asked for the man's name so introduced himself, "Sorry how rude am I, I'm Senator Khantor Ruu of Shili. And may ask for your name my good sir?"

@[member="Davik Tren"]
@[member="Kiber Lacer"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik hesitated at first. It was not very wise to share a name with any target, though he supposed it would not matter in the long run. Anyways, he was still only known as a small time criminal and such knowledge stung Davik with envy of other hunters and smugglers who had far outdone him before. With a sudden stop of the twirling credit chip, the smuggler looked up to the multicolored face of the Togrutan senator.

"My name is Davik...Davik Tren. I am a small time spice trader.... You say you are the senator of the Shili system? A very interesting sector of space!"

@[member="Khantor Ruu"]

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Khantor was thrilled that this...spice trader... had heard of Shili, his homeworld. It was nice to know that his people were making themselves known out in the galaxy. " Yes I'm glad my people have made our homeworld known to...." He paused, his instincts suddenly reacting to the mention of spice. Knowing that he was talking with someone who delivered and handled illegal goods just didn't sit quite right with him. This Davik Tren seemed like a very nice man, but looks could be deceiving, this man was technically a criminal and as a Senator he couldn't be seen with such people. He began to form the beginning of an excuse to leave, when he noticed an armored man intently studying their conversation. Again his instincts sounded off an alarm in his head, and his body suddenly tensed. This other man may have just been gazing at them by chance but the threat of danger had already entered his head.

It was probably just a coincidence that this heavily armored man was intently watching his conversation with a spice trader, a criminal. However the Senator didn't often believe in coincidence, there was no need for such armor on a public transport filled with unarmed civilians. Khantor had to take into account that his life may be in danger. It may have sounded extreme but he had to ensure his safety. Turning to Davik, he said "Sorry if you'll just excuse me for a moment. I need to use the refresher." Not waiting for a reply, he stood up and walked into the cubicle locking the door behind him. Getting out his comlink, he opened a channel connecting to Padawan Mune, someone he felt he could trust in a time like this and someone who he had worked with before. He awaited her reply "Padawan Mune are you there? It's Senator Ruu, I might need your help if you could spare the time?"

@[member="Davik Tren"]
@[member="Kiber Lacer"]
@=["Akodya Mune"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik nodded towards Kiber as the senator excused himself and went into the small booth. He had made sure that Kiber had dealt with the small amount of security cameras that were in their area of the ship. This was crucial. He had no respect for the petty security officers that were aboard, only the fact that any authorities could use the camera's tapes to find him. This would not do and therefore he waited till the signal was given. After Kiber had confirmed the action he made his own way over to the door of the booth and drew his blaster. He realized now that all he had to do was wait for the Togrutan to finish his call and then the negotiations would begin. He looked past his shoulder and made sure that the hallway to the escape pods was clear and that there would be no trouble once they began this little heist, satisfied, he took his position to one side of the door and allowed Kiber to take the other and block the view of anyone that may have caught their eye on the two.

@[member="Kiber Lacer"]
@[member="Khantor Ruu"]

Kiber watched as the senator went into the side booth. Seeing Davik's nod he detonated a small EMP bomb he had placed under his chair taking down the cameras on board. Kiber rose to his feet and walked to the booth door. While on the side he un-holsters one of his blaster pistols and prepares to knockdown the door.
@Khantor Ruu
@Davik Tren

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Heart-racing, Khantor waited for a reply from the Jedi Padawan over his comlink. Trying to remain patient in a situation like this was almost impossible, but the Senator tried to steady himself by focusing on his breathing. It was not long before he noticed two shadows appear through the bottom of the door. How did they know? he thought, maybe it's not them maybe they're passengers waiting for me to leave? He bent down to peer through the slit under the door, and sure enough, two pairs of feet were standing right outside the door. He recognised the heavily armored man by his huge armored boots and from that could assume that his 'friend' Davik Tren held the other pair of feet. Standing up again, he frantically tried to get a hold of Akodya on the other line. He was unable to hide the fear in his voice, "Akodya my life is on the line right now, please respond!"

@[member="Kiber Lacer"] @[member="Davik Tren"] @[member="Akodya Mune"]

Akodya Mune

A
"Khan, what in the name of the galaxy are you talking about? I am tracking your location. Stay calm and I will be there as soon as I can."

Akodya had actually been on her way to the senate to meet the senator of Shili when she received his message. He really needed to start carrying a blaster, or a have a security droid on him...he wasn't in his little village anymore. Judging by how fast he was moving and the direction he had been going on...he was on a shuttle. Stang.

"Khan, you really, REALLY, need to stop exploring in your break time." She muttered to herself as she hailed down a speeder for hire.

@[member="Khantor Ruu"] @[member="Kiber Lacer"] @[member="Davik Tren"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Almost on hearing the crackling voice of a female over the small communicator, Davik took the initiative and kicked in the door to the small booth and in searching for the senator, nearly tripped over himself before grabbing at one of the red and white head-tails of the Togruta. He took care though, and remembered that Kiber was behind him ready to knock out the man should things get a bit hard to handle.

@[member="Kiber Lacer"]
@[member="Khantor Ruu"]

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Upon hearing his friends voice he let out a sigh of relief. He was about to let out a reply, when the cubicle door fell on top of him and a hand grabbed one of his montrals, pulling him out of the cubicle. "Get your hands off me" he snarled, flinging fists at his attackers. In one last attempt before leaving the cubicle, he flipped the switch on the alarm, sending the shuttle into lock down procedures. Blast doors closed stopping any attempt at escape and the lights were replaced by dimmer red revolving alarm lights. He attempted to fight his way out of his attackers grasp but his grip was strong. The sight of the blaster in the armored man's hands took the fight out of Khantor. There was no need to get himself killed when rescue was on the way.

@[member="Akodya Mune"]@[member="Kiber Lacer"]@[member="Davik Tren"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik cursed to himself quietly as the luminescent white lights of the ship turned off and a reddish glow appeared. He saw the senator crouched by a small seat within the room and so he rushed over to take him. He was not going to jail today. With that he turned his blaster on the senator and turned on the small flash light to have a bit of a better view of the man.

"Get up senator... Before I change my mind about this whole business. KIBER! Call the ship!"

Davik began to approach the senator now keeping a careful eye on the man with the blaster trained right on what he percieved to be the Togruta's back.

@[member="Khantor Ruu"]
@[member="Kiber Lacer"]

Listening to Davik Kiber activated the auto pilot of Davik's ship which would then fly over to the emergency air lock. "Its ready," replied Kiber. He then left a surprise for the remaining passengers in the transport. Kiber chuckled softly thinking about the fun that will be happening soon.

@Davik Tren
@Khantor Ruu

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Brushing off his robe, Khantor stood up slowly, keeping his eyes trained on the blaster that Davik had turned on him. In an attempt to stall the two men, he asked, "Why are you doing this? What have I ever done to provoke this incident?" He had to give enough time for Akodya to reach the shuttle, they had only just left Coruscant so she wouldn't be that far behind. The lockdown left the shuttle suspended in space, easy pickings for a Jedi Padawan of her abilities. "Akodya it's all up to you now"

@[member="Davik Tren"]@[member="Akodya Mune"]@[member="Kiber Lacer"]

Davik Tren

The Friendly Fiend
Davik looked angrily at the senator but did not respond, for he was far too angry at the man for locking down the ship to make any type of small chat with his paycheck. He saw the Sunrider pull up next to the emergency airlock as their ticket out. He himself had a healthy knowledge of the security systems of simple transport and cargo ships such as this one and went to work hotwiring the airlock controls as Kiber watched over the senator. He knew this was going to be a close call but that was nothing to focus on, what needed to done now was open this damned door. It would soon be open as the control panel lit up with a vivid blue and began to open with the much smaller ship of Davik latched onto the outside.

@[member="Kiber Lacer"]
@[member="Khantor Ruu"]
@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Khantor Ruu

Senator of Shili
Things were going downhill fast, there was still no sign of Padawan Mune. Khantor began to believe that these criminals really were going to succeed in their kidnapping attempt. He started to desperately look around the shuttle for anything he could use against his kidnappers before they were able to secure their ship to the air lock and whisk him away. He tried to make eye contact with many of the other passengers, silently pleading for assistance, all of them avoided his gaze, waiting for the scary ordeal to be over. However their was one Sullustan passenger who meet his gaze, he discretely passed a blaster pistol over to the Senator and then turned away from him. Khantor quickly looked up from his huddled position to see if either of his kidnappers had noticed. When he was sure neither had seen, he thought about how he was going to use this weapon. He only had a few moments before Davik would be able to override the air lock controls and he would have access to his ship, and Khantor would only be able to fire one shot before the weapons presence would be known. So taking careful aim, he pointed the barrel in the direction of Davik, too busy to notice the weapon drawn at him. The pistol felt oddly cool in his sweaty hands. Taking a deep breath he fired.

The blaster bolt shot across the room, traveling the distance between the togruta and the human in less than a heart beat. The air lock console sparked and sizzled as the bolt found it's mark. Khantor looked up from the melted mess of a console to Davik, a look of triumph on his face.

@[member="Davik Tren"]@[member="Kiber Lacer"]@[member="Akodya Mune"]

Kiber quickly began to mercilessly beat the senator knocking away the blaster. Still angry Kiber takes one of his blaster pistols and shoots a nearby passenger. Taking a welder out of his belt he began to cut open the air lock with an angry Davik to look after the senator. "I should be done soon," said Kiber while working.

@Davik Tren
@[member="Khantor Ruu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom