Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Taken By The Sky (Jax)

Iris

I
587998211e298f818ff8a08ec40fc2c5.jpg

Originally an unspoiled world with a wide array of flora and fauna, Vulpter was transformed over the millennia into a massively polluted globe covered in waste and factories. This meant that the planet was unable to sustain itself in terms of agriculture, and was thus entirely reliant on importing foodstuffs from other worlds. Most of the time supply chains ran so efficiently in the core this was not a problem, but every once in a while things got disorganized and supply chains got interrupted. Now was one of those times. Tired of the condition their world was in a local group of terrorists had been interrupting supply chains and diverting foodstuffs from their destination. The goal of the group was to prove that The Galactic Alliance did not care about Vulpter and create mass revolution on the planet. Unfortunately all that was really happening was that the people of Vulpter were starving and going without needed supplies. The Galactic Alliance had identified the terrorist group as "Black Alpha" a known radical anarchist movement that thrived in the worlds underground. A team was sent to handle the situation and get things back on track for the people of this desperate planet.

Ivy was part of that team. She was used to missions like these but what made this one extra special was the fact that she had finally been chosen as a padawan to a Jedi Knight named Jax Thio. Ivy was nervous to meet the man because she didn't know much about him, but overall she was excited to get her padawan training started. She exited the starship she arrived in and walked down the ramp, her boots clanking as she scanned the area. The fumes of a factory economy reached her nostrils and she crinkled her nose. It wasn't a great smell but she'd have to deal with it for the foreseeable future. She entered the makeshift structure that Alliance teams had set up for housing and other needs and started to look around for her master. She had memorized his face on his data profile so she could spot him... or at least that was the plan.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Ivaline Ryiah

"I wonder what surprise that NJO has for me now?"

Jax landed his X-Wing on the planet Vulptren the Jedi Knight didn't have any fond memories of the Vulptren considering a few years ago Jax nearly died to a Vulptren Podracer named Dudlious Bolt the descendant of the legendary Podracer: Dud Bolt. The arrogant blue bastard challenged Jax to a one on one Podracing. Jax won which caused the egotistical Dudlious to send Maladian assassins after Jax which after a long and bloody battle the Jedi emerged victorious though he had to spend a few weeks in a Bacta Tank to fully recover. As Jax exited his X-Wing he sighed, he didn't think he'll come back to this planet again but of course the NJO had a mission for Jax here as well as surprise. Might as well figure what's going on?

Last edited:

Iris

I
When Ivy spotted Jax he was exiting a ship. At least she hadn't been late. She made her way over to him, wondering what this mission had in store for her.

"Jax Thio? My name is Ivy. I've been assigned to you as a padawan. I was told to report today."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Iris

I
“They said they sent the digital summons to your datapad.”

Ivy pulled out her own datapad and handed it to him so he could read.

“You are the only Jax Thio in the order right?”

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"Wait a fracking minute!"

Jax chuckled nervously when Ivy handed him the datapad his eyes quickly darted through the information on it his hands shaking. This was legitimate, he was assigned a Padawan. But why? Why him? He failed his own padawan Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin all those years ago. It was something that Jax hadn't fully recovered from. Matter of fact this is exactly how he and Aveline first were assigned to one another.

"I'm," Jax shook his head. "I'm going to talk to the council about this, I've never asked for a padawan."

Iris

I
“Fair enough.” Ivy pocketed her datapad, uncertain what to do with such a non warm welcoming. Perhaps the Council had made a mistake and she wasn’t a padawan after all.

“Should I report back to the Council?” What was she asking him for? He clearly had no idea what was going on either. “Or could you use assistance today?”

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"Wait a minute," Jax sighed. "Let me talk to the council all I need to know is what the frack I need to do." The Jedi looked around placing his hands on his Lightsaber. "I'm not exactly popular on this planet," Jax said. "But I've received a mission to go to Vulpter and disrupt a major Deathstick operation. The Jedi Sentinel's provided me with the intel."

Jax sighed crossing his arms towards the young woman. "I suppose you can come with me since you came all this way," he said. "Do you know how to defend yourself? Got a Lightsaber handy?"

Iris

I
“Yes I’ve done all the training and have built a weapon.”

She had been waiting a while to be a padawan and not all Jedi were able to do. She’d actually considered joining the service corps. Actually she still may have to if this was all a paper mistake.

“How are we going to stop deathstick smuggling?”

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax chuckled crossing his arms, the girl is pretty confident in herself almost to the point of arrogance. If he had to guess, Ivy probably was decent at Shii-Cho and nothing more. Without proper guidance, she'll have skills equivalent to a drunken Rancor. "Pretty confident kid," Jax said. "But you're going to need a proper teacher in order to truly maximize your skillset."

He paused realizing what that meant. "Well," Jax coughed. "And that person is NOT me! But I will be your guide for this mission. If there's one thing you need to know about Vulptereens is that industrialization is just as natural to them as breathing." Jax placed his hands on his hips. "Some of them are Podracing enthusiasts as well." he said. "But for my plan, well I figured I talk to a few friends and ask around about their boss. The crime lord name is: Clyde the Glide known for his starfighter skills and ability to get past security undetected. Gotta start somewhere."

Iris

I
“So we go to the races and see if we can track down anybody that might know the boss?”

That seemed like a good place to start. Ivy had never done investigative work before so she wasn’t sure how they were going to track down clues. It seemed like looking for a needle in a giant haystack but she had heard tales of Jedi Investigators doing just that.

This was a lot different than the Jedi hospital she had been training at. Ivy was a healer and felt a lot more comfortable around sick people than she did criminals but this was the mission and sometimes you didn’t get to pick the mission.

“So you have friends on this planet?” She wondered if he meant actual friends or people who were likely to shoot them. The last time she’d gone on assignment with a Jedi he had sworn he had friends but those friends turned out to be spice dealers he owed money too. Being a padawan was a dangerous gig!

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"Smart thinking," Jax said impressed by Ivy's observation. "Yes Vulpter's are addicted to Podracing the same way a Sith is addicted to backstabbing." Ivy was right about checking out some possible Podracing circuits but first he needed to get in touch with his contact. "I'm gonna talk to my "friend."" Jax said. "In the meantime Ivy I want you to narrow down possible Podracing sites start with the most shady ones and work your way down."

Jax tossed her a mini holovid. "BB," Jax said. "Watch the ship."

The Jedi didn't hear anything from his droid causing him to frown. "BB!" Jax shouted while BB-12 popped from the hatch. <Hey pipe down mammal!> He whirred. <I'm doing something important!>

"Flirting with female droids isn't important!" Jax growled. "Watch the ship!"

<Hey who's the girl?!> BB-12 said. <You're new apprentice??>

Jax sighed. "I don't fracking know," he said before motioning Ivy. "Let's go."

Iris

I
Ivy started a search on pod racing sites while Jax yelled at his droid.

“Err is he programmed specially?” She had never heard a droid so sassy before.

She glanced back at her list. The first one had many citations but as she read more it was all for health code violations in the snack joint. That probably wasn’t the type of shady they were looking for. She kept searching and found one with many violent arrests and another with lots of illegal betting citations.

“I think Cugar Circle and Dalent Track are likely good. Cugar is really violent and Dalent seems to run illegal bets. Is that the type of shade we want?”

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"He needs a memory wipe, Jax muttered while BB-12 rolled towards him. <Look Jax!> BB-12 beeped. <I got important things to do! Big businesses I gotta start!>

"Frack no!" Jax. "The last time you've started a business, we've ended up with multiple cartels trying to kill us!"

<This time it'll work Jax!> BB-12 whirred as Jax turned on his heel to walk away. <Believe me!>

"You better not BB!" Jax yelled. "Otherwise I'll dismantle you myself!"

Turning to Ivy Jax sighed. "I'm going to call up my friend," Jax said. "Those are some good tracks, raced on both of them once there were many cheaters and saboteurs."

Iris

I
“Okay we will start there then.”

Ivy gave Jax some room while he made his call. She busied herself scrolling for information on other tracks and just walking around the base camp. She was also half watching the odd droid.

Finally she took a seat on a crate and decided to have some water while she waited for Jax. She had only taken one sip however when she felt something odd in the Force. It was like a very distant warning but Ivy wasn’t sure what it meant. She looked over her shoulder but all she saw was the odd little droid.

weird

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax felt a disturbance in force.

It was a small tremor but it was something that cannot be ignored obviously Jax was being watched since the moment he entered Vultper's atmosphere. He hoped that Ivy wasn't full of chit when she said she knew something about Lightsaber combat. Jax activated his Holoprojector as he saw an image young Balosar looking to hustle people. "Ean," Jax said. "I trust you're not trying con anyone again."

"Oh chit Jax!" the young man jumped looking at his Holoprojector. "Of course not! I was trying to get children to go home rethink their lives!"

"Uh huh," Jax shook his head. "I need you to meet me in the nearest bar got some questions to ask."

"Sure thing Jax!" Ean said. "The Bloated Belly located in the middle of the city."

Turning off his Holoprojector he turned to Ivy. "Let's go," he said.

Iris

I
Ivy travelled with Jax and they entered a seedy looking tavern. There were a couple of screens showing highlights from the latest races as well as announcing new up and comers in tbr pod racing circuit.

At the bar were table slots so someone could spend their credits while they drank and there was a band in the corner. As far as taverns went it seemed like it was trying to make an atmosphere of welcome and enjoyment, but it couldn’t quit shed it’s seedy roots. Ivy followed Jax since she had no idea what his friend looked like.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol

Jax frowned staring at Ivy, "I suggest you be on your guard," he advised her. "This is a place of scum and villainy, unlike many that you see at the holovids back at the temple. These guys smell weakness from afar, don't give away any telltale signs to them. Stay and cool and we will get past place without incident."

He was growing curious about Ivy, there was a lot that he did not know about her. He wanted to see how she will react in an unknown environment. Jedi will often go to dangerous planets and engage with unsavory well some of them at least. Jax needed to gauge what she excelled at and what needed work.

Iris

I
Ivy nodded to the warning. As she looked around she could see how someone more kind or gullible would be eaten alive in a place like this. A lot of her patients who came in to the healing center were on the wrong end of joints like this. Maybe it wasn’t so much they were criminals that got them hurt, but rather they were nice criminals and the mean ones chewed them up and spit them out.

“Which one is your friend?”

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment:
Casual Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain, DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol

"That guy."

Jax pointed to the shaking Balsor whose eyes were shifting side to side as though someone was watching him. Even though Jax and Ean did have a rough first meeting they did mend it somewhat. "Ean," Jax said smiling. "Calm down my friend and you definitely need a clean pair of pants."

"Hey Jax," Ean was fiddling with a credit chit. "I take it you want to know about the Vulpter gangster right?"

"Exactly."

Ean leaned closer. "He's here," he whispered. "10th level and he has an army with him."

"Nothing we can't handle," Jax said before motioning Ivy. "Come."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom