Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Me Home

Liliane

L
Destinies can be changed? And interesting concept.

"Darrick said there is a set of rules he has to abide to and there's also a set of rules his descendants have to follow. But then he said we aren't told about the rules -- somebody else makes us distantly follow them."

She sighed.

"Could that be the concept of destiny?"

Destiny seemed to be a theme both her mother and she herself had been suffering. It seemed as if they were destined to have troubles with that. Her mother's legacy had also become her fate.

But if destiny could be changed, wouldn't she be able to stand against the corruption inside her? Or going even further -- wouldn't Darrick himself be able to fight against the rules he has to follow?

[ [member="Vitor Imperieuse"] ]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"That sounds like a concept of flimsy acceptance at its best." He sighed. "That isn't destiny. And you follow no rules except for the one I've taught you to follow - always be a good person regardless of whatever happens to your Force alignment. Remember that, Lilin, and let no one tell you differently."

He paused, pondering for a bit. If what she said about her grandfather was true, that was terribly unfortunate.

[member="Lilin Imperieuse"]

Liliane

L
"Acceptance is knowing what's happening and allowing it to happen," Lilin said blankly. She didn't know which side to take in this matter as it seemed both Vitor's and Darrick's, as well as her own opinions about this matter, were clashing. Yet she had no idea which one of them is the most correct or which would describe the true reality of what destiny is.

"What did my mother think destiny was?"

She didn't have a clue if the man knew what Lilith had thought about that but there was no way she could have felt at ease if she hadn't asked such a thing. She wanted to know everything she could.

To understand who the kark was lying about the meaning of life in this situation.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Your mother and I, to my memory, never had a conversation about destiny. Despite this, she never really indicated to me that she believed in the concept of destiny. She took life by the guts and moved forward with it one step at a time, even after she... After she fell to the power of the Dark Side." His expression became a lot more serious as he turned over to his daughter. "You forge your own destiny. Never get that. And never let the darkness dictate what you do."

After all, this was the most important thing to remember.

Liliane

L
Lilin didn't know what to say. An important person who would have guided Lilin on the way to the truth of what destiny was appeared to have left the realm of living without leaving her legacy behind. She had never told the man something important about herself -- ever.

What did that mean? Was she trying to hide something? Did it just never come up in a conversation?

"... she didn't lose her ability to think clearly after she turned into a Sith?" she asked.

She had no idea what that question meant, though.

In Umbris Potestas Est

"She was a Sith when she married me, Lilin." He smiled, thinking back to the time they had together. He really seemed to have some sort of attraction to monstrous, corrupted women. An energy vampire and a Sith sorceress - an intriguing duo indeed. "She was fully mentally sharpened when she married me."

After all, if she wasn't sharp, Lilin would not have ended up being the intelligent young woman she now was.

Liliane

L
"That's... odd," Lilin muttered. She had never thought that a Sith could think clearly, that a person so caught up with the idea of killing people and gaining dominance would be able to act like a normal moral person. The idea of such a thing's existence was surprising.

Her eyes flickered around the room, trying to find a stable safe spot to look at. Her mind raced and her body couldn't perform functionally as her brain did its own thing. Would she have had no self control whatsoever, she would probably walk in circles, tears streaming down her face, arms moving in chaotic movements typically associated with frustration.

"But what does it all mean? Why the hell are there two sides to the Force if all we think we know about the energy is a lie?"

In Umbris Potestas Est

"People have a habit of classification and division. The unity that proves the truism of this galaxy is, not intriguingly, shattered into a myriad of fragments by those who refuse to examine the bigger picture. The only true divide that exists is between sentience and non-sentience. Yet from there, we are divided into light and dark. We are split by species, and in some cases, by subspecies. Such splintering helps ensure that we do not understand what truly matters." He stepped forward, giving his daughter a hug.

"What matters most of all to me is you and your siblings. I would never be able to live without knowing you were safe."

Liliane

L
The situation was all so fuzzy. Lilin couldn't understand what was going on - her head was filled with clashing opinions, thoughts she'd never had before, dreams she hadn't dreamt. She felt rather sick due to all of that, but her willpower to understand the truth didn't let her break down before she would get to the point of truth.

If or when it was supposed to come, she couldn't tell.

"Living without the binding of the two sides seems rather difficult, I guess..." Lilin noted. "Everybody expects you to be either a Jedi or a Sith, but those who don't fit anywhere between the two... What about them..." It was not a question.

"I think I'll have to take a break from everything and focus on our family..."

In Umbris Potestas Est

"At the crux, Lilin, it will always be your choice. As is, at some point during your life, you must always consider that family is truly important. I know that you and your siblings each have a... Different trait that makes you distinct from the rest, but I believe wholeheartedly that you will one day find a man willing to be your husband. Someone who wishes to carry on their family line with you. And, Force willing, the curse will be nullified then."

He continued to hug his daughter - and yet he knew no one that would be interested in such a thing.

Liliane

L
"Dad, I am not pregnant... Nor will I be waiting for a child for a long time now..." Lilin muttered. "I meant spending more time with all of you guys. I have been so distant from you, Vindi, I've barely seen Merikh."

She stared blankly at her father. "Maybe staying here for a while could clear my thoughts on the whole matter. Maybe not... But it's worth a try, isn't it so?" She felt so... relieved. And even thought not much had changed, something had made her feel a lot better. Maybe it was the fact that she'd talked about her struggles. Maybe it was the fact that she'd decided to go back to where she was born.

She couldn't tell what it was at that moment.

In Umbris Potestas Est

"I know you aren't, Lilin - but you shouldn't be denied the happiness of having a family. Your mother and I were overjoyed when we had you. It made our lives truly spectacular. As is, my home will always be open for you. Your brother and sister miss you whenever you head out, mainly due to how close you were. You were always a big instrument in your siblings' lives, and I don't think they'll ever forget that."

After all, a family bond was always something wonderful.

Liliane

L
Lilin had never thought of it that way. She had only seen life from her own point of view. While she had fun and spent time with amazing people, everybody else missed her. And even though she wasn't a central point of their lives, she was still important to them. Their main virtue was obviously family, unlike Lilin's, and that caused a serious clash of opinions.

"So you have always wanted me to return?"

Something made her feel a little bit uneasy, as if there was something which pushed onto her chest, making it difficult to breathe. Another set of tears was incoming, she could feel that. But even though she typically considered herself to be a fighter, she felt like she had to cry this time. She had to be vulnerable.

In Umbris Potestas Est

"Of course. But I've also understood when it's time for you to move on in your life and start your own family. A new branch to the tree, if I may." He chuckled a bit. "But enough about what I want - it's ultimately your decision, ad I'll support you in it regardless of what choice you choose. I just want you to be happy. Not pleasured, not enjoying - but happy. Your happiness has been my goal since the very first day I held you in my arms all those years ago."

After all, such a close bond was very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom