Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC T3-J8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: T3-J8
Loyalties: Kei Garnik
Role: Droid Friend and Maintenance Droid.
Development Threads: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78832-the-red-skin-of-dromund-kaas/
Species: Droid
Force Sensitivity: None
Appearance: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T3-M4 (appearance only)
Personality: Friendly, open to people
Weapon of Choice: Droid Shock Arm, Head blaster
Wealth: None
Combat Function: T3-J8 isn't really a combat droid, although he has been kitted out with his shock arm and head blaster to fight if he needs to. He has also been known to use his tow-rope to trip people and his body to trip people if he needs to.
Skills: Mechanic,
Electrician,
Slicing,
Code Breaking.
Notable Possessions: N/A
Other Notes:
Intent: T3-J8 is there to be a friend to Kei and to record training sessions that Kei does, so that Kei can play them back and learn from them.

[member="Kei Garnik"]

I appreciate you did the dev work beforehand, but we do have a bit of a problem for this submission. The wiki states, and having read the book myself, that T3-M4 was disintegrated, blasted into a million pieces by the Sith Emperor's Force Lightning. A memory unit would not have survived that sort of attack, and I would find it very hard to believe that after killing Meetra and capturing Revan that the Sith Emperor would have cared enough about the droid he destroyed to preserve anything at all, especially since anything left would be close to 5000 years old in the site's current timeline.

Codex also has a very strict policy of not allowing canon characters through as we want to encourage creating new original characters in the new era we write in.

My recommendation would be to alter the droid to be another of the same make and model, but for it to be T3-M4, I'm afraid that's a bit of a logic leap for me to allow, given the nature of his destruction and our policy.

[member="Taeli Raaf"]

I'll argue my point fair, but for the most part I agree with what you said. The idea was that the emperor didn't care to preserve the droid, it would of been a slave or something that came through to clean up the parts. While the wiki states he was blasted to a million peaces, I was under assumption that the book states otherwise, that his components went flying everywhere. I guess that may be a fault my side because it has been a while since a read the book.

What I can do is edit the submission greatly to become a model of the T3 utility droid. This would remove the idea I had for him though, as T3 was around to show back recordings of Revan much like a teacher. Kei could learn from the recordings of Revan and mimic what Revan does, how Revan stands. The changing then would remove that main reason for creating him, getting rid of the point of him mostly.

What I will do is edit this submission and see if I can find another way of getting the memories of Revan into the droid, to keep the idea of him being there as a teacher.

[member="Kei Garnik"]

The dev thread is fine, just remember it is not actually T3-M4. If you're deadset on learning from Revan's knowledge, there are a couple of people on the board who have some of his stuff and follow his philosophy. Otherwise, this is now pending approval

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Kei Garnik"]
[member="Taeli Raaf"] is quite correct. This is not the T3 from KOTOR because we do not allow canon characters to appear.

Now it's been edited to a simple T3 model droid however I will approve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom