Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Synthetic Rubat

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Intent: To craft a Synthetic Lightsaber Crystal for sale
Citrine_quartz-AMGL_79477-P5030194-black.jpg
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Synthetic Lightsaber Crystal
  • Weight: Very Small
  • Color: Citrine, Quartz like stone that produces an Amber colored blade, even down to its blade core
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: None
    • Kinetic: None
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Vibro: High
    • Acid: None
    • Cryo: None
    • Flame: None
    • Lightning: None
SPECIAL FEATURES

Synthetic Lightsaber Crystal that somewhat imitates the properties of Rubat Crystal, enabling it to do slightly more damage to lightsaber resistant and Conventional Materials, as well as making the blade much quicker and easier to swing.

Cuts do greater damage to Dark Adepts

Use of Force Light is four times stronger than Normal

Grants High Resistance to both Vibro Blades and Lightsabers

STRENGTHS

Cutter: Does slightly more damage to both Conventional and Lightsaber resistant materials, requiring fewer strikes to cut through the latter, and cuts do more damage to Dark Adepts, potentially injuring them badly due to the way the Light Side has been unnaturally forced into the crystal, altering the blade energy of any hilt it is put into, causing severe burns and terrible wounds to any area struck

Light Boost: The strength of Force Light is quadrupled due to powerful enchantments applied

Bonus Resistance: Imparts High resistance to Lightsabers and Vibroweapons, also due to the enchantments applied

Easy Swing: Swings much faster, and his much easier to control then even Lightsabers that use natural crystals

WEAKNESSES

Blaster Bolt Weakness: The blade it generates is longer and far more narrow, making it less suitable for blaster bolt deflecting. The user must be twice as careful using a blade like the on this Crystal generates in a fire fight, and will have less success reflecting blaster bolts back at attackers, regulating blades using this Crystal to almost solely dueling

Force Voids: Won't function in these

Four times The Juice, Twice The Effort: It costs twice the amount of effort to generate Force Light

Slugthrowers: Slugthrower rounds splash against the blade, potentially causing damage to it's wielder and even possibly knocking it out of their hand.

Paddle Beams: These beams travel around most Lightsabers

Conventional flesh: Takes a few more whacks than normal to cut through a Non dark sider's flesh, allowing someone to survive what would otherwise have been a fatal blow

DESCRIPTION

Synthetic Rubat: For when a Jedi needs dueling potency not sanctioned by The Council.

--Sales Pitch

Synthetic Rubat is a synthetic crystal made to mimic the properties of actual Rubat as close as possible. The Light has been forcibly infused into the crystal, creating a potent tool and potential bane of Dark Adepts. Jedi will not be able to sense anything amiss, other than the unusually potent strength it grants to uses of Force Light. That Light Adepts may survive by making use of their products is immensely amusing to The Serpents of Ashla

Last edited:
Cutter: Does slightly more damage to both Conventional and Lightsaber resistant materials, requiring fewer strikes to cut through the latter, and cuts do more damage to Dark Adepts, potentially injuring them badly
Does it burn hotter? deal aggrivated more painful burns to darksiders?

Light Boost: The strength of Force Light is quadrupled
How does it achieve this? Is this gem basically a light side force nexus?

Bonus Resistance: Imparts High resistance to Lightsabers and Vibroweapons
How does a crystal in your weapon improve physical defence against harm? Does it produce some kind of dampening field? Please explain.

Force Voids: Won't function in these
does this mean the lightsaber as well?

Four times The Juice, Twice The Effort: It costs twicr the amount of focus to generate Force Light
Focus isn't a downside, effort and fatigue would be though.

Slugthrowers: Slugthrower rounds splash against the blade
What do you mean by splash against the blade? As in that solid rounds on contact melt and become superheated slag which continue on to hit the user?

One thing that i will bring up, is this item, and your other one both seem very video-gamey. Like you are attempting to convey videogame like buff effects into a roleplay setting which, to some, including myself don't feel like they fit very well in freeform RP, which is trying to create a believable and self contained world. I would be mindful of this in the future. My process when i make something, is rather than think "I want an item that does X, Y and Z" I try to think "What would an item that does X be like? How does it achieve it? Are there other things in theme that a crystal like this would be able to do? and what would their consequences be?"

Conventional flesh: Takes a few more whacks than normal to cut through on dark side flesh, allowing someone to survive what would otherwise have been a fatal blow
I thought this weapon was good against darksiders? But it takes multiple hits to kill them?

Slugthrowers: Slugthrower rounds splash against the blade
Might want to add the consequence you intend to portray on drawbacks like these. Example :" against the blade, Potentially harming the user with the fallout?" Or "and can knock the blade aside with their force?" Etc etx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom