Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Syd's Synth Crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To make a set of saber crystals
emerald_crystal_render_by_venjix5_dcuwd8g-fullview.png

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Syd's Synth Crystals
  • Manufacturer: Syd Celsius Syd Celsius
  • Affiliation: Syd Celsius Syd Celsius
  • Market Status: Closed
  • Homeworld (optional): None
  • Production: Semi Unique (4)
  • Modularity: Can be used in Lightsabers or as meditation
  • Material: Synthetic Lightsaber Crystal
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Synthetic Lightsaber Crystal
  • Weight: Average
  • Color: Viridian Green
  • Resistances:
  • Energy: Very High
  • Kinetic (Slugthrowers): None
  • EMP/Ion: None
  • Acid: None
  • Sonic: None
  • Lightsabers: Extreme
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Bright green Synthetic Lightsaber Crystals, imbued with a heavy connection to Syd, enabling them as meditation tools
  • Able to be used as Lightsaber Crystals
  • Heavily imbued with the Light Side to increase Syd's skill at Lightsaber Deflection
STRENGTHS
  • I can't believe it's not Kyber!: Installed in a Lightsaber, they have potential to cut through materials and due to their synth nature.
  • Deflection: Heavily imbued with the light to increase Syd's skill at sensing blaster bolts, allowing her a chance to better deflect or even possibly redirect the bolts
  • Meditation: Useful as meditation tools due to their connection to Syd
WEAKNESSES
  • Force Voids: Won't function in Force Voids
  • Cortosis: Shuts off from exposure to Cortosis when installed in a Lightsaber
  • Sonics: Sonic Weapons bend around any blade it creates
  • Bullets: Bullets melt on any blade it creates, making for potential splash damage
  • Beacon: Due to how it was imbued, it can't be hidden with the Force
  • Dark Side: Dark Powers other than Lightning can weaken the blade, and dark empowered weapons have a slight chance to break the blades they generate
  • Burn out: Being Synths, they have the very slight chance of randomly shorting out in a saber
DESCRIPTION

The Crystals of the Lightsaber used by a light sided fragment of The Amalgam Syd merged with to save her own life following a disaster of a duel at Korriban, These Synths had to be reattuned by Syd following her rebirth, losing many of their old Properties, but are nonetheless powerful enough to still mark Syd as an extremely dangerous Sorceress, deadly even after her loss...provided she can fight through her madness long enough to make good on that potential.

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Syd Celsius Syd Celsius Good evening! I have a few things, so let's get stuck in.

Chance to break the blades of Lightsabers with natural crystals

Unfortunately, this isn't an effect found in canon; that's just not the way lightsabers & saber-combat works. In fact, if I recall correctly, it'd actually be the other way around - synthetic crystals, being weaker than natural crystals, would be more likely to crack under extreme stress in combat. Please remove this trait, as well as the references under strengths & weaknesses. If you'd like to replace the 'Dark Side' weakness with a similar weakness that a synthetic crystal is weaker versus natural crystals, that would be acceptable & within canon.

Resistances:

Your Resistances block is empty. Please add something to it, even if it's just the base resistances required by the template.

light sided fragment of the Amalgam Syd merged with to save her own life following a disaster of a duel at Korriban

Not actually a requirement, but if this was done in-thread, you're welcome to link it! If someone gets curious, they can always check out the story behind their creation. Just a suggestion!

Please let me know if you have any questions, or when edits are complete. Thank you!

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
I looked at the Legends Article and it says right in one of the sections they have this capability to break natural blades, but it's an extremely slight chance...but they also have the potential to randomly short out, Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

While it may say in the article that there was a very small chance this could occur, I don't recall it ever being written in any book or done in any film, Legends or otherwise. I'm afraid I'll have to reiterate my request that the trait be removed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your inclusion of the "Burn-out" weakness is good, and the resistances look good as well. Please let me know when these final edits are made, and we'll get this approved for you.

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom