Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff SWRP Chaos Celebrates Black History Month

8a99d6f7374df706fe95922920af6600.png

This quote is from Martin Luther King Jr's speech "I've been to the Mountaintop" in Memphis, TN on April 3rd, 1968.

King was fatally shot the next night on the balcony of the Lorraine Motel, April 4th.

In the wake of last year when we officially celebrated Pride History Month, several recommendations have come down the pipelines to celebrate Black History Month. As with our past situations in which we've done something similar, letting the real world bleed into our community here at Chaos, I just want to reiterate we're not exactly the best place to champion social issues. This place is first and foremost a community to escape the burdens of reality.

But sometimes, reality won't let us go so easily.

So, it's up to us to fire back. Pick a side. Let 'em know. During the Pride Month situation, it was prompted by threats of an "attack on Chaos" by internet children using their words to intimidate, belittle, demean. With Black Pride, and black history, I think it's safe to say at this point we've experienced plenty of the same. People who want to bring reality into this community, people who want us to feel small, to bring their anger into our corner of the internet and let it fester. As mad as that experience with the LGTBQ+ attackers made me, the only anger I've ever felt personally as a human that compares is that when people attempt to bring us down to their level concerning racial attacks. It is fine for a writer, a human, a person of consciousness to reach a level where disagreement brings about expulsion from discourse. It's not desired, but it happens, and it's a natural part of the position I've found myself in a decade after this website's creation. But...

What is not okay is attacking a group of people based on the color of their skin. So now's our time to let 'em know. Get loud, be proud. Black History isn't just for people of darker hues and pigments - it's for all of us to celebrate that history, and to lift up our brothers and sisters. Let 'em know you stand shoulder to shoulder. The opponents of this progress depend on our cowardice, our hesitation. Our inability to press that report button, our inability to stand up in a crowded room and say "No, you're not right." This is what Black History means for me, in its simplest form. A movement that spawned modern actual heroes based on a simple premise - We want to be treated equally, and we don't want to suffer for it any longer.

Chaos is about it.

Star Wars is about it.

And for those who aren't about it, I can promise one thing - here, you will be judged by the content of your character.

A new Username Background has been added to SWRP Chaos. Open the following spoiler for instructions on how to change yours.

3e3038e7a2274fe847578db511860579.png

16ed012a0cc73a4100c3a3fc49f053a2.png

As always, if the community hates the background, feel free to get together to submit a new one and I'll throw it in.

The current one was created as a result of a plethora of writers asking for one, and me saying "maybe the doxxed guy who's been in the middle of a thousand fires and controversies over the past year shouldn't do it". But then Black History month started and nobody ever made moves, and I ain't no coward so here we are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom