Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sword of the Unbeliever

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxime-poget-dragonslayer.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an immensely powerful melee weapon for the return of a character
  • Image Source: Gallery
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Monster The Monster
  • Affiliation: The Monster The Monster
  • Market Status: The Monster The Monster
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Molecularly compressed Phrik-A core, unknown metallic outer shell (testing suggests metals restructured to behave like Phrik-A core), leather binding for grip
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Great Sword
  • Size: Extremely Large
  • Weight: Extremely Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Sword is infused with a massive amount of raw force energy, mostly dark side force energy. This allows whomever wields it to be granted basic force abilities including augmenting strength, speed, stamina, and also causing the user to discharge the amount of raw power flowing through in bolts of lightning.
  • Sword has been made to be almost indestructible by normal forces with the infusion of the force.
  • Sword carries the souls of all that were slain by it, either in the Nether, or in the normal realm when Sergei was brought back by the Mora. This is what gives it the raw power of the force that flows through the blade.
  • Sword dimensions are 7' 6" in length (2.3 meters) in total, 3 inches thick (0.07 meters), and about 12 inches wide (0.3 meters) at where the hilt should be. This sword has a handle that is roughly 18 inches long (0.46 meters).
STRENGTHS
  • Nigh Unbreakable: This weapon is made using the base of artificial Phrik that has been molded and accumulated more mass through Sergei's time in the Nether. The weapon in and of itself is a solid alloy now more than anything, but is infused with so much Force energy that breaking it without using the force to do so is going to take a lot.
  • Blackest Night: Which leads into the second issue with this blade. This blade has been infused with the very souls it has consumed in the Nether that Sergei has fed it through it destroying whatever he's come across. This thing has an aura of absolute evil, hatred, and pain about it that even non-force users will be able to feel. And the only reason it hasn't consumed his mind along with the rest of those that have died to it, is because his will is that strong and he's got that much pent up rage. This makes attacking this thing with the force also a daunting task as the weapon itself will corrupt those around it without the sufficient will to resist, including force abilities such as Force Light.
  • Massive: This weapon is absolutely huge and weighs in at a ridiculous 100 kilograms. Getting hit by it is no small thing, and against most who use melee weapons will find themselves unable to outreach the weapon, even with spears or some lances. And aside from the mental aspect of the blade itself being a collective consciousness that feeds on everything it destroys and rapidly craves more, the sheer weight alone make this weapon normally unwieldy for the average user.
WEAKNESSES
  • Utter Madness: This blade has a will of its own that will constantly fight with the user over what they are doing, with it being quite capable of overpowering most mortals with its sheer mental presence and then draining them of every life sustaining force they possess. This means that for those with just enough mental fortitude to keep themselves alive they will become an aspect of rage, instead destroying everything around them to sake the blade's bloodlust and those that are able to keep the blade in check will find themselves constantly on guard. This is because the blade itself needs only a single moment of uncertainty, doubt, or break in mental discipline to take over and overpower a potential user. This makes the blade extremely dangerous not only to those around it, but to those that wield it.
  • Force infusion requires direct contact: This is exactly like it sounds. One of the abilities of the blade is to grant its user basic, if immense, force abilities to include speed, strength, stamina and otherwise allowing them to surpass human limitations. This however is only possible if the user is physically touching the blade, as in not wearing anything protective to grab the blade. That means in order to receive the full benefits of the sword, a user must subject themselves to all of the inherent dangers with this blade, including losing their mind and being consumed by the blade. So if you thought you could just wear a protective glove/suit/whatever to allow you to ignore the blade's consciousness and threat to consume your soul, think again. As this weapon only enhances its user when they take every risk, and the more they give into the blade's demands, the stronger they become.
  • The Force still hurts: Should users be able to withstand the corruptive auras and be able to command the power of the force at either an exceptional Knight/Master level, you have the ability to dispel the Dark Side aura of this sword. This however will cause the blade to lose all of its abilities permanently, and should it happen will cause the sword to disintegrate down to the base of what it used to be. A single broken short sword. This dispelling of the Dark Side however is a dangerous task in and of itself, as the consciousness will be aware of what you're doing and that means that it can direct its wielder to either terminate the problem or run from it. And I shouldn't have to mention how dangerous it is if this thing is swinging at you and you're alone.
  • Not meant for indoors: This thing is absolutely massive. You're not going to be using it in hallways, cramped spaces, or anywhere without lots of room both in the horizontal and vertical planes. At least if you're not a dingus that is.
DESCRIPTION
Among one of the first things discovered with Sergei's reemergence from the Nether, was the massive blade that he carried with him into battle. Or really a massive chunk of metal with some leather-ish looking grip (testing has been unable to determine what exactly the leather came from). One thing was certain though. This sword was a massive threat. After Sergei's recapture and containment pending rehabilitation, the blade was also interred into containment. One of the first things noted by the initial recovery crew was the aura they felt, and after one of them tried to pick it up and summarily what appeared to de-materialize before the crew, they decided to utilize extreme HazMat suits to handle the weapon, and a lifting droid. Initial testing done on the weapon to try and deduce its molecular composition were unsuccessful, in that the material broke every physical attempt or seemed to ignore whatever tool utilized on it to try and acquire a sample. The only thing of note is that the material weighs approximately the same as what molecularly compressed Phrik-A does, however is immensely stronger. Coming to the conclusion that this is from the Force imbuement in the weapon, they decided that it must be contained for now, as while it has either consumed or driven insane every test subject to date, there is one person who had successfully wielded it before.

Sergei Jachovich.

And while the soldier may be reluctant to wield such a weapon, the scientists aboard Hope know that if a threat presents itself that only this blade can answer, that Sergei will do whatever it takes to win. As such it is currently encased in a Synthetic Yorik Coral pod to keep its Force aura and consciousness contained. This is surrounded by several protective coats/layers of FM-001, FM-002, and FM-003, with a hardened outer shell of Phrik-A to ensure the casing isn't damaged. This is locked down and held deep in Hope, a Star Destroyer filled to the brim with the most dangerous, highly trained, and best equipped Commandos, Droids, and crew anywhere in the galaxy. And should they find a threat that requires them to unleash this weapon.

God help them all should Sergei fall a second time.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Apologies The Monster The Monster this is more detailed and powerful then Icould do on work days and saved it for my half day.

To start it is an interesting concept but far more powerful. The semi sentience of it is on par with the darkstaff for its ability to consume and overpower. So before movingforward with some of the toning there is one important thing. How does this differ from another modelof darkstaff with its ability to consume force energies, exert control over weaker minds to progress its own will and hunger. It can't move a star system through space and time but it can unleash blasts, corrupt around itself and one of the best techniques to combat the power of it is seemingly resisted.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms No problem, only issue for me is that I'll be out of the country soon and I have no idea what my internet situation is going to look like while I'm out.

The main limiting factor for this blade is that while looking at the Dark Staff via wookie, and correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not a SME on the subject of Force objects, that while the Darkstaff is something more of a simpler corruption (with the abilities that you also mentioned which I'm wholly uninterested in regardless), this sword is an aspect of hatred, rage and pain. It is meant to drive their users into a psychosis wherein they become a berserker, gaining basic force abilities and physical abilities through the force as mentioned but also essentially losing all control. From my reading of the Dark Staff, people were more lucid during its use and while it would drive them mad over the course of time, it was a much more gradual corruption. This sword doesn't have that luxury, the effect from touching it is immediate and for most quite overwhelming. This makes the risks of its use not a long term something to think about down the road, it's immediate, it's massive and it's something that both the opponent and wielder have to deal with, the wielder having a much bigger challenge because they're actually holding the thing.

As far as the resistance to the force abilities I would suggest that while the resistance is a little bit extra, there is much greater risk for the blade as if one were to manage the level of force light as I put in the sub (Exceptional Knight or Master level) it doesn't just render the blade inert. It destroys it outright. This I feel is a fair trade, as it while it is certainly more powerful, the risk is also much greater.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
The Monster The Monster nods I can understand and sorry for the delays there have been issues on my end but it can be a good trade off. Though an intelligence to an item can be a slippery slope. But I havenot seen anything to lead me to distrust you in abusing it.

Sword carries the souls of all that were slain by it, either in the Nether, or in the normal realm when Sergei was brought back by the Mora. This is what gives it the raw power of the force that flows through the blade

Absorbing souls though is another balance point as with other subs people have made it sivague enough you could supercharge this by randomly offscreen growing the soulcount so the sword is always limit breaking itself and more powerful then someone it is going against.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms Sorry about the delay i just got back stateside. Unfortunately I don't have computer access until tomorrow due to quarantine so I can't specifically point to where I addressed the point of your concern.

To put it simply, if this sword isn't being deployed as part of a major combat operation where it's being used a "Oh God we're all gonna die!" Type scenario it is on lockdown. And not just having it sit in some vault either. It is literally encased in multiple layers of shielding to prevent it from using force shenanigans, or accidentally electronical/energy discharges from unsealing it, on top of being in a sealed room. Inside a Star Destroyer with aforementioned security (the stupid amount of druids, commandos & security forces being aboard also being trained and equipped to be some of the most terrifyingly effective NFU combatants in the galaxy). And most importantly, the intended user of the submission understands the force about as well as a caveman who's seen magic for the first time. Somehow these space wizards do voodoo and weird stuff happens. That means he will never break this weapon out to use it unless absolutely necessary. And when he's done, it goes right back in the box lest he put himself at risk by using it longer than absolutely necessary. If you want me to quote the section I can tomorrow I'm just doing this from a tablet and that is..... difficult to say the least.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
The Monster The Monster sorry for the delay on my end, I didn't know if you were back and missed this.

That sounds good just please make sure those security measures are reflected in the sub. As a fan of overly redundant security procedures to protect things does make me happy.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

As such it is currently encased in a Synthetic Yorik Coral pod to keep its Force aura and consciousness contained. This is surrounded by several protective coats/layers of FM-001, FM-002, and FM-003, with a hardened outer shell of Phrik-A to ensure the casing isn't damaged. This is locked down and held deep in Hope, a Star Destroyer filled to the brim with the most dangerous, highly trained, and best equipped Commandos, Droids, and crew anywhere in the galaxy. And should they find a threat that requires them to unleash this weapon.

Paragraph with security measures including the materials used to encase the blade, alongside the security present where it is kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom