Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sword And Saber

@Masamune

The art of swordsmanship can be thought of as one of the oldest traditions that has changed the least. The act of propelling your blade at the enemy, parrying an attack, or combining moves for form a set to control the tide of battle. It wasn't rocket science, but it required a high degree of control, concentration and discipline. Combined with training and one may learn to use their sword or saber in combat to defeat their foe and survive unscathed.

Cypher stood in the open of their chosen battleground. An open field of grass on Saki. It was late day and the sun had begun to fall from the sky. His saber was in hand, ready to be drawn for their practice duel. He'd never used his in combat before. Only swinging it about at the air. Still he'd had years of practice dodging these things, and the duel wasn't for killing. Cypther was at least confident he wouldn't be hurt.

"I greatly appreciate you doing this Masamune. Learning to use this weapon will give me a better edge against those with one too. So teach me to use this saber so I don't lob my leg off". Cypher grinned.

[member="Cypher"]

The swordsman did not speak
Just yet, and instead bowed.
Of all things, politeness was the peak
Of manners for the Samurai.

"I am happy to aid
You in your endeavor,"
Masamune said, blade
In hand as he waited patiently.

He would use the style
Of Shii-Cho in this duel
To teach to Cypher while
Using the practice to attain mastery.

[member="Masamune Tametomo"]

Cypher slid back on one leg to his usual fighting stance. His hand grasped the saber and raised it outwards in front of him. With a simple press of a button the blade came to life. Crimson in color this blade once belonged to a Sith Lord, but no longer. For Cypher was now its master and one day it will be changed to fit his preferences. "Don't mind the color, I've yet to find a new gem". Cypher angled the blade to forty five degrees, he was ready now.

[member="Cypher"]

Sword in hand and ready,
Eien no Kinkou glinted in the sun.
Blade and hilt held steady
In the Bushi's seasoned grip.

The blade was a center,
A focus, for the user.
In this fight to mentor
The other warrior, such was invaluable.

Masamune simply stood,
Katana at the ready
For the coming blow that would
Begin their learning duel.

"Well I'll begin. We'll take it at a leisurely pace eh"? Cypher circled inwards to the warrior, eyes hidden in shadows never leaving his. Judging the distance. Weaving through the grass. Swiftly he stroke his saber horizontally at his opponent, out of range of his body but close enough as is.

The movement of the feet,
The tell tale shift of muscle and flesh,
The shift of wind across sleek
Grass and cloth and blade.

All of this told the smith
Of the coming attack
With suddenness and with
Swiftness bold.

The blade moved only
Once to the side.
A simple stop to the boldly
Swung 'saber before him.

Masamune stood silent,
Waiting for the blade of light,
A shaft of bright and vibrant
Color, to withdraw and strike again.

[member="Rayl Wilded"]

Rayl's blade cashed against Masamune's own. If only for the briefest of moments. Sparks showered from the arcing energy. It was good the grass was still wet from the dew. A field fire was an inglorious way to go. His hand twirled around the blades housing. A reversal of direction was made for a swift defense. "So, what is it you going to teach me Tametomo"? Rayl adjusted his grip slightly. "Or will this be a trial by fire kind of deal"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom