Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Sweet Science

Scilla

S
Coruscant
Level 1997

At first there was silence. Then murmurs, pulsing thumps, that grew into a dull, hazy din. And after what seemed like forever, feeling began to return to mind and body alike, and the dull din rose faster and louder until it crescendoed into a complete sensory overload of blaring music and flashing lights, fully startling Scilla into cognizance.

“...Ow.”

An already aching head was further disturbed by an irritating clunk from behind. She glanced down to see a crushed can of alcohol, thrown at her from above. The perpetrator: one of many gangsters, scoundrels, and general ne’er-do-wells who heckled from along the brim of the pit she now realized she was stuck in. The puzzle pieces were quickly put together.

If she had known they’d get this uptight over a single failed shipment…

Well, she probably wouldn't have taken the job in the first place. But really it serves them right for staking their bootleg delivery on an amateur courier. Though, given immediate surroundings, Scilla was far worse off than they were following the mishandled exchange.

The Kiffar yanked herself up onto her feet, the movement bringing to light another revelation: a metallic belt-like object now fastened to her waist. In the center, a dim orange node glowed faintly. Seconds later, a beam of electrical energy arced out from the node, tethering itself to a matching belt a few meters away. Said belt was attached to another unfortunate soul, still sat asleep on the opposite end of the ring.

Well, at least she wasn’t the only one managing to piss off local syndicates lately.

The crowd’s discordant shouts eventually found harmony, a single word that confirmed their desires ringing out across the pit, “Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!”

No reason to keep them waiting, she supposed. More importantly, it would give her time to begin thinking of an escape plan. Scilla punted the crushed can at her unconscious fellow gladiator with surprising accuracy, and whistled for their attention, “Yoo-hoo... Wakey wakey…”

Just tryna write some of my other characters for once and goof around a bit. Feel free to goof around with me.

Ravenous

R
Sleek and with a fresh coat of paint an onyx speeder with tinted windows and a humming engine came to a stop in front of a smelly broken down establishment the very metal on which it stood rusted and soon to give without repair. Sure this place wasn't nearly as bad as some of Coruscant's lowest levels where the sun is a myth and you quite literally have to swim through sewage just to get to your front door but that didn't make this place any prettier. Galactic basic and credits begin to lose their value the lower down you go and the longer you hang around the desperate...the more desperate you'll become as well.

That is unless you carry the very hope these people strive for, they yearn for and when you sit upon the pinnacle of their desperation you become what's referred to as...a crime lord. Though, Ravenous is a lord in hiding one that was all too eager to step outside his speeder a squad of Defilers following close behind. As Ravenous grew closer to the arena the brutes stationed outside moved to stand in his way only to realize who he was quickly after.

"Oh...OH! Ravenous! We had no idea you'd be-" A metallic finger found its place on the weequay's chest a ripple of pure force building up inside it causing blood to gush inside the brute's mouth before his body could no longer take the pressure...and his torso exploded. It's an unspoken rule never to stand in the way of a Dark Jedi...a lesson that man learned much too late. Opening the door, Ravenous stepped inside the dusty abandoned arena rows of decaying bleachers and vermin leading down to a pit in the middle of the chamber a massive rusted cage trapping whoever those pirates were cheering on inside.

"What's the match today boys?" The question cut through the air carrying a dark draining presence with it to any who would hear. Reaching for their blasters the gunmen spun around and nearly made the mistake of drawing them on Ravenous who still stood unphased by their hostility. "Oh...uhh...h-hey Ravenous....y-you doing well?" Ravenous smiled behind his mask his armored hand stroking his chin as he contemplated the question. "I am actually. How about you?" Motioning for the others to relinquish their arms the scoundrel tried to ease the tension between the two groups. "We're fine. You...came to see a match? You know old, Brakes is always hosting the finest in entertainment!"

As if he had a third invisible hand, Ravenous ripped a stool from under one of the thugs his eyes burning golden as he did. Cross-legged the Dark Jedi sat down his piercing gaze focused on the sport below.

"Then let us see if I'm entertained."

Forming a perimeter around their quarry, the Defilers forced the other thugs away from, Ravenous their putrid stench unbearable even to one who reeks of blood. "Did you know your not the first to be tossed in there by these rogues?" Even though his words were calm and formulated the sentence managed to be heard over all the shouting and spitting filling the arena. "I'm putting my money on you, Pilot." With a snap of his fingers, one of the defilers slammed a chest full of shining riches down on the floor the jewels and wealth inside more than the entirety of level 1997 was worth.

"Like you, I'm an explorer. I like to see things happen." Leaning closer to the cage, Ravenous allowed his hair to fall through the edge of his hood and form a crown around his bone mold mask.

"Answer me this, Priscilla Petronella." That draining feeling from before would wash over the room again like a sea of fire burning away at the mind and tiring the soul with every moment that passed. It was a nagging feeling of hunger and there was no defense against it as it pushed deeper into the minds it inhabited looking for feast looking for energy. Thoughts, emotions, the mind itself was fuel and any who came close to it would be devoured without caution and without recourse.

"Do you want out of that pit? Because I can do that for you."

Scilla

((Hope you dont mind the response. If not, go ahead and delete))

Galen had managed to to work his way down into the lower levels of Coruscant. He still had a lot flowing through his head. He had been in hyper-sleep for eons. Galen had walked down from the turbo-lift and entered level 1997. The lack of the suns light had started to make him lose a little sanity but of course he shook his head and headed on. The smell of the level had invaded his nostrils. It was a pungent smell that just didn't please any one if , of course, you were not used to that smell.

Galen Marek continued to look around. The area was filthy and pretty much every dwelling had been run down. Galen didn't know how to take it. As he walked he noticed a cantina. Blood had been splattered all over the entrance. It seemed as if there was a guard, keeping the entrance safe. Galen had a feeling that there was another guard but the blood was his. He walked up to the guard.

"How much to enter the establishment?"

The guard had looked at him and didn't answer. He just proceeded on to scan the sewage covered streets. Galen had shook his head and raised his hand slightly. He hadn't used the force in so long, He wondered if his connection had be severed.

"
You will move aside and let me enter." The guard once again looked at him. Galen figured it didn't work. He figured his force connection had been severed and a serious amount of meditating was going to be needed. Then, suddenly, the guard grunted and moved aside. Galen nodded and made his way inside the establishment. He looked about. The people and other species that crowded around a cage. Galen had made his way up to the second level and looked down onto the cage. He noticed, to the right of where he was standing, a man, surrounded by a bunch of goons, and a presence that could be felt from 100KM away. He felt the darkness surrounding him. "Keep ya self in check Galen" Galen thought to himself as he made his gaze over towards the pit again.

In the pit were two individuals, a female, which had just started to come to and another one, still zonked out. Possibly from an attack of sorts. Kidnapped and placed into this cage to fight it out. To the death. Galen looked around again to see the man at the bar, closest to the cage, speaking to the coherent female. Galen kept himself in the shadows for now. There would be no interference in this mess. Galen had no idea about the time period he was in or who ran things. The Jedi Temple had been devastated. over ran by foliage and crumbled structure. He had no idea if there was a Chancellor or if any one even ran the government. He kept watching the pit and his thoughts ran awry.

Scilla Ravenous

Scilla

S
(Hey GreyJedi GreyJedi ! Just so you know, this is a First Reply thread, meaning it's only open to the poster and the first person who responds to it, in this case Ravenous . Maybe some other time!)

Whoever this other fighter was, he sure was a heavy sleeper. They must have gotten him pretty good to still be down and out for this long. The thought occurred to her that hopefully he wasn't dead, or this would get real awkward real fast. The arrival of a new presence tugged at her sixth sense, drawing the Kiffar's attention to above the arena.

"Answer me this, Priscilla Petronella..."

Scilla interrupted him, scoffing at the sound of her full name, "Eugh, can we just to Scilla, please? Thanks." She rolled her eyes with all the sass of an angsty teenager, and resumed tugging at the coil attaching her to the unconscious pit fighter. The strange sensation that seemed to fill the room was pushed to the back of her mind, her focus instead on more immediate troubles.

"Do you want out of that pit? Because I can do that for you."

Scilla released her grip on the coil and dusted her hands, "Wellllll, I was actually pretty content with sticking to my original plan of beating the snot out of this guy and earning my freedom that way..." she answered flippantly, pausing as she examined her much larger and more imposing would-be opponent, "...buuut if you have something easier in mind, I guess I could be persuaded to listen."

Ravenous

R
Ravenous narrowed his eyes at, Scilla's interruption one of his greatest pet peeves being interrupted. So what if she preferred being called, Scilla? That could have waited until after he was done with his VERY menacing query. It takes a lot of work to be ominous and when some kid interrupts you it really munches at the scare factor!
"Wellllll, I was actually pretty content with sticking to my original plan of beating the snot out of this guy and earning my freedom that way..." "Buuut if you have something easier in mind, I guess I could be persuaded to listen."
Ravenous shook his head in disappointment the girl's naivete on full display for all to bear witness. Really he expected someone who hangs around in a slum like this to have a bit more street smarts. Then again, she did get thrown in this pit so maybe Ravenous expected too much out of her.

"Did you honestly think that these fine gentlemen would just let you go simply because you won fair and square? Your CAUGHT Scilla! If anything showing skill in there just guarantees they'll keep you around for the next schmuck that gets himself thrown in here."

Ravenous gestured toward the still comatose, Aqualish in the corner of the arena taking full advantage of the mattress he earned in the last match. "Just how long do you think he's been here? He's so convinced that he's never getting out of this hole that he doesn't even bother to acknowledge his opponents anymore!"

Standing up Ravenous chose to get a closer look at Scilla if only to get a good image of what she looks like. "You know I learned a lot about you Scilla. Specifically, how you screwed up my shipment and caused my friend to have to wait for another rotation just to get the cortosis alloy she so desperately needed. Don't worry I'm not angry I bet you can tell given all the experience you have with the emotion hmm?" Reaching behind his head, Ravenous clutched in his hands a board of sorts, the kind he remembers vividly wanting back in his Onderonian days.

"This is yours. I can feel your attachment to it even now while you had no idea it was even here. You see you and I have something in common and I've come here to see just how similar we are to one another." Meditating on his inner darkness, Ravenous sent a ping through the Force the burning sensation that followed more than enough to stimulate any Sixth Sense anyone might have.

"It's hard to describe right? Having that latent power that no one else comprehends? Yeah. I comprehend it." Grinning, Ravenous reached the end of his sermon. "Leave with me now so that you may exit this cage."

Bewildered the thug known as Brakes approached Ravenous a hasty move and one that will cost him his life. "But Ravenous! You're the one who-" Crushing the ground and forming a crater, Ravenous loaded the air with pressure enough that Brakes exploded in a violent show of gore shortly before laser fire filled the bleachers. "Now that they're out the way I suppose you and me can just walk right out. Unless you prefer the dark that is."

Scilla

Scilla

S

Scilla responded with a lazy shrug, blowing a strand of hair out of her face, “I would’ve gotten out eventually.”

The Kiffar betrayed no sense of concern, treating the situation with irreverence and boredom. His explanation earned another eye roll; She knew what the Force was, and already learned about her connection to it. Whatever sway he claimed to have, Scilla had no reason to feel compelled by it. To her, authority wasn’t something to be respected or feared, it was something to be broken down.

The exploding guy was new, though.

Scilla flinched at the shower of gore in surprise, and froze in place as blaster fire overtook the arena. As interested as she was in taking his advice to leave she groaned in response, “That easy, huh?” She tugged at the coil affixed between herself and the unconscious man, then opted for the smart-ass approach of dragging the man along with her.

“Welp, thanks for the assist. I’m gonna, y’know, find a way to get this idiot off of me, and go back to what I was doing before all this. Byeeee…” Scilla waved to the masked figure, and began to stroll to the nearest exit as fast as she could manage while pulling a heavy unconscious man along behind her.

Ravenous

R
Scilla responded with a lazy shrug, blowing a strand of hair out of her face, “I would’ve gotten out eventually.”
Ravenous held back the urge to roll his eyes, refusing to enter the same level of apathy, Scilla was clearly accustomed to. "Oh yeah, sure sure. You were just gonna beat the armed thugs with little to no difficulty and just walk out of here smiles and all. That's so outlandish I honestly wish I let Brakes live just so I could see it happen."

Standing up, Ravenous could tell Scilla was understandably in a hurry to leave this cesspit as she futilely dragged her Aqualish companion along the arena floor his snoring still faintly echoing off the rusted walls. "This guy's such a heavy sleeper I'm surprised you two didn't escape by waiting for him to crash through the floor."

“Welp, thanks for the assist. I’m gonna, y’know, find a way to get this idiot off of me, and go back to what I was doing before all this. Byeeee…”
"Assist!? I'm the one who did all the work kid. You know it seems like every single time you open your mouth I get the urge to come down there and blow you up." With a sight of the wrist the steel bars that dared to stand in, Ravenous' path succumbed to his will as the metal itself literally warped around the Dark Jedi allowing him to leap inside the arena and stand before, Scilla rather than above. "I told you. I came here to see how similar we are to one another. And right now we have about as much in common as I do to a decent human being. Or Kiffar in your case. Heed me when I say I can be very aggressive when pushed I do believe we at least share that trait."

Holding his hand out, Ravenous waited for Scilla to take it for if not a simple handshake is not all his fingers were capable of. "Scilla. You are leaving with me. This is not a request. This is a statement. What I have to say is worthy of your time because I know whatever you were doing before this was pretty asinine to begin with."

Scilla

S

"Assist!? I'm the one who did all the work kid..."

“What do you want me to say? I appreciate the help, there’s not much else to it. You seem awfully sensitive for someone in your position.” Scilla rolled her eyes at the pedantry over her word choice.

Eventually his badgering became too much, “You don’t know chit about me, so cut the act.” She slashed her hand across her throat, her apathy now being replaced with irritation.

“If we’re so different from each other, then why do you care? There's plenty of other people out in the galaxy with the same fancy magic. Go back to your broody chit so I can get back to my life. Which, I was actually finding quite worthwhile lately, thanks.” Maybe a few months ago she would have taken a strange man in a mask up on his ominous propositions, but with a ship and a whole galaxy to explore, Scilla was pretty content with her current lifestyle.

Ravenous

R
Ravenous, shook his head and sighed every crevice and crack in his mind free of patience and free of pleasantries. "I already told you. I wasn't asking. I was telling. You are coming with me. It doesn't matter that you want to live in your own story since I'm the one writing it right now. Characters have no way of resisting against the author, just as you have no way of rebelling against me." Crackling with white energy, Ravenous' once open hand became a vector of destruction that sent a massive wall of Kinetic force barreling toward, Scilla with the intent to incapacitate.

"Did you honestly think I cared even a little about whatever you were planning on doing after leaving here? And as for the act I'm putting on...you would do well to not assume I'm bound by the laws of this world. I know things that no human could EVER conceive of." Ravenous cleared his throat and dusted off his cape that attack he launched earlier kicking up more dust than he would have liked.

"For example..." Ravenous' gaze fell on the girl once more. "Your name is Priscilla Petronella. You were born on the planet Kuat. You have a pet Tooka with supernatural abilities you are more or less privy to. Your mother's name is Linda. Your father's name is Hank. You have an older brother named Percy who's eclipsed you your whole life and you act out to try and get some attention. Does it work, Scilla? Or does it only serve to highlight your brother's success even further? Do you want me to keep going? I'm sure there's a lot more I've yet to consume yet."

Tapping a button on his wrist, Ravenous brought up a woman on his comms. "Arizelva. Lock this place down. She doesn't leave got it?" "The hell are you talking about? Who doesn't-" Closing the line, Ravenous returned his attention to Scilla. "I won't let you leave not until I'm finished speaking with you. Are you ready to listen or will I have to nail you to the floor?"

Scilla

S
It seemed her snark was finally enough for the man to show his more forceful side. Scilla had no way to resist the attack, still far too inexperienced with her own power to fight back. The Kiffar was propelled backwards and knocked into the wall, pushing the air out of her lungs from the impact. Even still, her attitude refused to back down.

"Congrats, you're every other stalker on the HoloNet. What, d'you look me up on Spacebook?" She snipped rhetorically, regaining her composure. The area went into lockdown, and the man made it clear he was intent on what he had to say.

"...Are you ready to listen or will I have to nail you to the floor?"

Scilla scoffed, "Doesn't seem like I have much of a choice, since you're gonna be a dick about it. So yes, why don't you go ahead and get your monologue over with, then?"

Ravenous

R
"Wow." Ravenous continued dusting off his armor. "I honestly wasn't expecting an answer to my question. I fully intended to incapacitate you with that attack just now. Seems like I was right in my choice." Reaching toward the cage boxing the two in, Ravenous for the most part resealed the hole he broke in with earlier, warping the metal so that the pen was closed once again. "Scilla. You are young so you probably haven't thought much about this before. Do you understand what it means to be dead? This isn't a threat. It's a genuine query. Can one really die while they still remain in their body? And can one truly live when they aren't amongst their friends and family, walking and breathing as all living things do? In my time as a living I have recently discovered the answer to these questions and it is my hope to share that knowledge with others."

Ravenous began approaching, Scilla his eyes burning golden as his hand moved toward the girl pulsing with energy not visible to the indecent eye. "I, Ravenous have traveled the galaxy on a crusade of death and destruction that has opened a tear in the fabric of reality itself. I and I alone have remained unscathed by this phenomenon. When one lifeform dies. When one stone is dropped into the ocean of life it sends ripples through the force that touches and influences every living thing from the biggest tsunami to the smallest gentlest kiss. There has never been a time, nor a place where this wasn't the case. There has never been a place where people...don't hurt and touch and inspire other people."

Now with his chest almost bumping against her, Ravenous made a gesture with his fingers imposing his will upon the air and the world itself. He demanded space, he demanded that no one come close to him and that any who dared would be...moved aside. Every step the dark Jedi took, Scilla would find herself unable to advance toward him as though a barrier that shunned away even the dust filling the air formed around Ravenous as he gently began corraling, Scilla into a corner.

"You see I fully intend to change that reality. And you're going to help me. Do not worry yet. I don't intend to take you as an apprentice or anything of the sort. I doubt you'd even be smart enough to understand my teachings. Having said that while I won't be teaching you anything I will give you the textbook you need in order to learn."

This time with much more force behind it, Ravenous would push, Scilla against the wall the bulk of his power focused on the girl's limbs as though nailing someone to a cross. "Now hold still for a second or this will be all the worse. I'm going to impart a gift to you. This meager power level of yours will not suffice when another inevitably takes action against you. You could not resist being pushed into the wall and you could not resist being thrown in this hole in the first place. All you can do now is breathe. Tether yourself to the world of the living."

Slowly, Ravenous' mask floated from his face revealing the scared mess of burnt body tissue below. Spinning around the bone mold mesh crept closer to, Scilla hovering a breath away from her face."Is there anything you'd like to say before you are taken under the mask? Think about something that tethers you to life. It's the only way to endure. You little chit."

Scilla

S
Scilla dismissed his musings with little consideration, "Dunno. I'm not a philosophy major."

The man exerted his power further, getting a little too close for comfort before forcing the distance between them. Keeping away from said barrier was a non-issue, as Scilla was all too happy to keep the man out of her personal space. Though it did little to help her get out.

"...I doubt you'd even be smart enough to understand my teachings..."

"Charming. Pro tip: you'll find people are usually more receptive to your advances when you a) don't insult their intelligence, and b) don't force yourself onto them." She scoffed, not so much irritated by his assumption as his general self-importance.

"Is there anything you'd like to say before you are taken under the mask?"

"Uhh yeah, how about 'not interested'? I already have an annoying mentor." And she thought the Jedi was obnoxious with his holier-than-thou attitude. "In fact, he and some of his Jedi friends should be here to get me soon enough. Soooo unless you want a whole sect of religious freaks falling on top of your ass, maybe we could shelve this 'gift' exchange for a later date?"

Ravenous

R
"In fact, he and some of his Jedi friends should be here to get me soon enough. Soooo unless you want a whole sect of religious freaks falling on top of your ass, maybe we could shelve this 'gift' exchange for a later date?"
"That is...unfortunate. Anyone who would stand in my way will perish. If your friend interferes with my plans I will simply make him an instrument of my will as you will soon be. If you care even a little for this mentor of yours then you'd better hope they don't show up." Still laced with burnt skin flakes and splotches of blood the mask settled onto, Scilla's face ill-fitting and reeking of decay.

"If that is all you had to say. We can begin. Tether yourself to the world or you will be consumed just as all the others are." Maybe she had a point. Perhaps he was underestimating her resolve and her intelligence. He is picking her to receive his 'gift' after all. Maybe her Jedi companion will be strong as well? If so then maybe he can receive the gift as well...no...the Jedi aren't ready for his intrusion just yet. Yeah. They aren't prepared, their minds are still closed...to suggestion. Yes. It is settled. Should this Jedi arrive they will be destroyed unless something else can be made of them.

"Just breathe. You'll be fine...mostly..." Like a spider having caught, its prey the mask formed metaphysical tendrils that borrowed into, Scilla's mind scraping away the barrier that naturally shielded her mind from foes such as this. All at once, the tendrils slapped against the barrier each swipe, each slash tearing away at the shield until it a single hole was made in the field allowing darkness to flood in like tar. Everything the void touched it stuck to and dragged it into the darkness like a plague washing over a village. Thoughts, feelings, memories all were nothing by food in the face of such an all-consuming evil that felt nothing for the damage it inflicts.

Get moving, Priscilla. Ravenous' voice sounded in her head followed by an ominous presence more sinister than the void itself. Every moment that the void remains in your head the more of yourself it will consume. I wonder how you will fight something inside your mind when your mind cannot touch it without being harmed. I've had people achieve this feat before. Now let us see if you can do the same. And don't even think of just 'taking the mask off' once shadow has entered your mind any light you shine will simply spread it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom