Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sweater Weather

uxPDV7V.png
The Silver Temple
Voss

Though the sun was still visible through the clouds, the air was quite crisp and cool. It was clear that the warm summer season had faded. All around the Silver Temple, the leaves were changing into the fiery shades of autumn. Jedi walked about the campus with their woolen robes pulled tight.

Outside in the courtyard, the grounds were sprinkled with leaves. There was even some taking the time to rake them up into neat piles. Despite the chill in the air, the grounds were still a pleasant place to gather. The fields in the distance still had stocks of corn standing, and the apples were ripe for the picking.

Of course, the warm spaces inside the temple were growing in popularity. The library was one such place. Tucked away with the books, one could easily lose track of time.

Whether those at the temple were taking time to study, practice, or relax… it was bound to be a good day.

An open setting at the Silver Temple for all members of the SJO! Feel free to jump in and enjoy a cup of cider (or a pumpkin spice latte...) and have some fun.

St0rmSlaSh

Never Underestimate a Good Bottle of Whiskey
Jerit was walking about the temple and noticed a lot of fellow Jedi wearing warmer clothes than usual. The seasons must have changed. Jerit had not gone outside in a while as he was on a knowledge leave. On his leave, he would usually stay at the library to soak up pages upon pages of numerous pieces of literature. But now that he is satisfied with everything and is ready to meet up with his friends again, Jerit had left the library and went to the courtyard.

As he stepped out of the temple, he felt a great cold much like the one he felt on Ord Radama. He breathed in deeply, and back out. He was wearing his normal robes so the air was much cooler to him than his classmates. He focused on the force and made himself warmer. He saw a trio of Jedi walk past him and he gave them a proper greeting. Now he was just wondering, admiring the environment around him...

[member="Valae Kitra"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8LzQLmgp1s​

A cool breeze was whipping through the courtyard. Autumn was setting in for certain. The crunch of crisp, brown leaves underfoot and the whistle of the harvest wind offered a calming character to the inner space of the Jedi Temple. As many would rush through the outside areas of the temple, one student of the Light resolved to remain there, savouring the outside as often as he was able. Accompanied by a curious, timid beast - a kuri - he circled it with brush and sponge, washing its dirty paws and resolving to comb out any bits of twig and grass that matted to its brown and white fur.
"You'll be nice and clean before you know it, girl," he said to his Force-bonded creature, who mewled softly in response. As he followed around the beast, he hummed and sang gently a song of the season; of the traditions of his household from centuries passed.

"O, merry harvest
Bring thy sweetness unto me
So I may see your love
And let it set me free
O, my merry harvest
Hear our songs of joy
Grant us fruitful garnering
For ev'ry girl and boy
O, our merry harvest
Thank you for the care
We will spread thy gift to us
Our love is what we share"
[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
Sukai slightly shivered the the chilling wind hit her body, she was glad her suit provided some decent protection against the cold, but perhaps it would be beneficial to sport a jacket every once in a while. The crispy air was a feeling the had eluded her for a long time, the last few trips and assignments that Sukai joined in taking place of planets that did not get very cold. It was nice to once again feel the change in seasons.Though a welcome change of pace the cool air still play a slight annoyance on her lungs, making Sukai once again adorn her black mask.

Eyeing around the temple courtyard it was easy to see other Jedi quickly scampering around attending to their many task, but for the most part she was free to do what ever, as Sukai still had to be properly inducted into the order. Though it left for more alone time, meditating and practicing, something that she would not squander before having to start taking up responsibilities. Soon the sound of singing reached her ears, though slight murmurs a definite rhythm could be heard at each sentence, it was intriguing, as Sukai had yet to really observe what other Jedi did in their spare time around the temple, besides train.

Following the sound the lyrics became clearer, hinting to something about season and harvest, a song about the changing of the weather perhaps? Either way upon rounding a corner here eyes fell on a Jedi following some sort of creature she did not recognize, though appeared to be of great beauty. The mans song came to an end as he followed the creature around, maybe it was his force creature or as witches called in a familiar, "I guess I should try and make conversation at the very lest". Leaving her cover Sukai approached the man from behind, not making and qualms about hiding her presence, both force and physical.

[member="Auron Song"] l [member="Jerit Kolomor"]

Another summer was drifting into memory, Yuroic felt quite relaxed and was enjoying the cooler weather. He was naturally very warm blooded, hated travelling to desert worlds like Tatoonine. Easier to put on layers than take them off. His robes were thinner than other Jedi, who were wearing thick woollen robes. He would have guessed they were living on Hoth by the way some dressed.

His face was obscured by his cloak's hood. Only the one or holes revealed bits of his face underneath. Yuroic stopped and listened to the song that was being sung. He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. He never was one for music, but most he hear was rubbish booming from cantinas and clubs. This was a much different style, it intrigued him a little.

After it had finished he gave a slight applause before heading to the bar and ordering himself a drink. He hadn't long gotten back from a mission off world.

Maya Zhou

M
Maya walked down the ramp of the Gongju, the large freighter safely at port near the Silver Campus. After years of running cargo and making discreet business connections, this work for the Silver Jedi Order seemed a touch… straight-laced.

It felt odd.

Even if she was doing good for the galaxy now, she still dressed the part of the scoundrel that she was. She gave her leather jacket a tug and pulled it tight around her. There was definitely a bite to the air here. Leaving the space port behind, she walked on towards the Campus itself. She understood that this was the base of operations for the SJO – complete with the Silver Temple, Ranger HQ, and more!

Pausing for a moment, she tapped her chin in thought. Where to head first? Of course, she wanted to take a peek at the hangar while she was here. After all, she would soon be trading her freighter in for something that was sleek and fast. She hoped to assist the Order as a fighter pilot soon; she had already started the training.

But there was a pull of curiosity that she could not ignore.

Maybe she could catch a glimpse of the famed Silver Jedi. Her own interactions with force-users were few, and she had to admit that she was rather intrigued. And so, the raven-haired woman walked down the path towards the temple, where she spotted a number of robed figures in the courtyard. Interesting…

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Sky'ito Yumi"], [member="Auron Song"], [member="Jerit Kolomor"]

Auron finished his song, as sparrows and buzzards overhead, and the autumn whistle of wind continued it on his behalf. Turning towards the young girl who now stood close to him, he offered a smile as he continued to brush the kuri down. The kuri, in turn, gazed at the girl curiously, timidly, sniffing the air.
"Hey!" he called out enthusiastically. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any earache with my singing. Yuyo likes it, is all. Isn't that right, girl?" The creature bowed her head and mewled when her master scratched along the ruff of her neck. Auron grinned. "I'm Auron Song. What's your name? I don't believe I've seen you around before." Having said that, he rarely interacted with other students in the temple itself, so he had no right to comment.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Like Maya, Europa had been a traveler and then a naval officer for her home planet of Mirial. She was no Jedi. But had come just the same to this kind of open house the Silver Jedi had thrown for some of the local populations with a vested interest in freedom from tyranny.

Of course her ship, The Aiwha, named for the flying Nabooian beast because she was hulking and whale-like, took awhile to be cleared for landing as it used to be a slaving ship, hailing from Zygerria. Europa had won it off of a minor crime lord, karked out of his mind on glitterstim, when on Nar Shaddaa layover.

“I don’t blame you for checkin’ it out,” she remarked to customs. “When I first got ‘er I had to scrub the dried blood off of the interior of the hull from where the slaves were beaten or tortured.” And while the Mirialan had completely refurbished the inside of The Aiwha, it occasionally creeped her out to know what horrible incidents had taken place upon the vessel. And it was also a stark reminder that this was exactly the type of subjugation she strove to rise up against.

Once on the surface, Europa slung her black utilitarian bag over her shoulder and kicked the mud off her boots before she stepped onto the white stone path that lead to the courtyard. Among the spartan but elegant robes and the quiet serenity of the nature surrounding the Academy, the Mirialan officer felt scruffy as hell.

But these Jedi… she tried not to think of them as saviors, but she did feel the need for reverence around them. Mirial needed them now more than ever. And if anyone wanted to know what life under Sith rule was like, she planned to give them an earful.

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Jerit Kolomor"] [member="Auron Song"] [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] [member="Maya Zhou"]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
The mans warm smile was nothing unusual around the temple, though his attitude was much more enthusiastic then others Sukai had met while living here. The small and near say cute animal next to him radiating as field of hospitality, "Ni, your singing was good, I enjoyed its relation to the coming of the season about us, anyways, I am Sukai'ito Yumi, though you can just call me Sky, I am still rather new around here". She gave the man a short bow, customary for her race "Oaidekiteureshīdesu, Song-sama".

She crouched down next to the Jedis force partner, "you said it's name was yuyo did you not, ij my toungue that can be interpreted as helpful or usefully, that seems appropriate does it not". Sukai gave the small inimal ascratch on the chin, as well as a small smile, though was concealed by the mask she was currently wearing, "might I inquire to what you are doing to day Song-sama ".

[member="Auron Song"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom