Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Swatrium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appearance
Microscopic
4jOvRdY.png
Regular View
Blast-Off-Blue-Swatch.jpg

Image Source:Intent: Give GOMM a special metal that can be sold, and specialization like Doonium for their construction purposes
Development Thread: New Fields
Manufacturer: GOMM
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: N/A
Production: Limited
Material: Minerals found within the planet of Phorskuh II, combined with Durasteel
Description: Swatrium was discovered when attempting to combine the minerals and metals of the Phorskuh II planet with Durasteel to attempt at a cheaper metal with the strength of Durasteel, allowing more production of metal needed for ship and vehicle construction at a much less cost. What became of this scientific test was large amount of a new metal that had great properties and increased strength at very small pieces. It became costly to create in the end, if minerals and metals were taken from the soil closest to the surface, and not in the moist caverns of the planet. Majority of the minerals and metals that created this new metal are deep under the planets surface at or below the moist caverns, and using the minerals closer to the surface caused weakened metal, and very small amounts to be created. Unfortunately, the negative side affects of this metal can be hazardous if used in very large quantities, excluding it from being main construction to anything.

Strengths and Weaknesses as Armor:
- Same Strength as Turadium, but half as heavy
- Extremely hazardous to the ship/vehicle and occupants inside towards electronic warfare (High-capacity electronic weaponry like EMP's could cause entire ship systems to fry and possibly even electrocute ship personnel) if used in large quantities

Strengths and Weaknesses as internal components:
- Incredibly hard to form into smaller pieces, can not be used in cords/wiring as not flexible
- No electronic resistance, allowing no loss of electricity/no heat production

Primary Source: Based on Graphene for scientific comparison and creation (New Graphene discoveries - Youtube)

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Galven Solomon said:
- Same Strength as Turadium, but half as heavy
Turadium's strengths, in terms of being difficult to cut through with a lightsaber, comes from its density. If it is half as heavy/dense, then there's going to need to be some loss in durability that is found in Turadium. If this compound's strength comes from another reason/source, I'm going to need some development to explain this.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

I can do a dev thread if that works, I'm just not knowledgeable in the science field to know how it would be. I was just hoping for something stronger than Durasteel, but not as strong as Doonium

Also to note, Graphene is several times stronger than steel, at the thickness of saran wrap, and I'm using it in heavy, thick chunks over other armors (Not encasing the ships armor in it, more like, making designs out of it to put on ships)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom