Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swamps suck.

@[member="Azara"]

Doc awoke, in a very uncomfortable state. He was a commando first, a medic second. Best of the best. Mandos had a word for it, but he couldn't remember it right now. His Mandalorian wasn't that good, either. He needed to get his bearings...he was in a swamp. Dense. Felt like he needed to be here, though. It was heavy, the air, at least. Humid. Warm. Oh god, where was he? Didn't really matter in the end, because his gunship had crashed. He had tried to escape the shuttle, some sort of engine failure...perhaps sabotage, perhaps not. Didn't really matter now.

Groaning, our poor, heroic and empathetic medic began to stand upwards, picking up his...pistol. That was all he had. That and his trench knife, but hey, that was gonna cut it, wasn't it? Not even a vibroblade. Just a durasteel stabbing tool. So, if a Sith decided to take some revenge on him, that'd be great. JUST great. He had to move, so he salvaged what he could, including his helmet. Sliding it over his face, he began to wade through the swamp water, grumbling that he had grown tired of all this bullcrap and that he needed a vacation.

Unknown to our brave hero, however, there were locals about, and not the 'LOCAL, DON'T BOTHER' wearing T-shirt old people you find, the ones with sharp sticks and didn't take kindly to intruding Republic, or really, anyone. Doc also realized that he didn't really have a plan. He could use one, right about now. And maybe a different MOS come to think of it. Being a dentist in the Republic army would have been a better idea, truthfully.

Azara

A
This was an odd planet to find any magic users, yet Azara was almost desperate enough to find them. Her travels took her to this swampy planet for the sake of finding the magic users said to be here. Likely shamans of the like living among the tribal people who lived here. She had no idea what to expect from them, only that if they became hostile she would have no real choice but to defend herself. She was lucky to find enough dry spots where she could, needing to leap over certain parts to avoid getting stuck in any of the muck. As she'd walked on Azara heard a ship crashing farther away. She looked and could see the smoke coming from where it hit, making her change direction towards it to see if there were any survivors who needed help. She may not have been one for being among strangers but even she knew an emergency when she saw one.

@[member="Doc"]

Okay. Training. He was being followed. That was for sure. But nobody- or anything was acting on him. So he was being observed. He glanced around, and took out his trench-knife and his pistol, placing them in a crossed position in each hand. He was deadly with both, so, hey, maybe he even looked like he knew what he was doing. He then saw, a girl in a..purple..cloak. Great. Sith. Maybe. Dunno. He'd find out in a second. But then again, he might get chopped in half. Submerging his hunky body beneath the gooey-ewey water, Doc waded for a while longer, feeling gross even beneath his enviromentally-sealed helmet. He could stay down there for about...twenty minutes. That's a long time, kids. The girl was avoiding the waters, so that was good when she came up on the small dirt mound he was hiding near. He came out of the water slowly, the painted teeth on his helmet making him look more ferocious than he actually was.

First, came the knife to the neck. Second, came the gun to the back of the head."Speak."Lan taught him how to be scary, or at least, Lan showed him how to be scary. So, essentially, Doc was lying with both of the things. At worst, he'd gently choke her out and apologize the entire time, or cry for about five minutes after smacking her in da backofda head. But to her, he could probably eat her heart or lungs for delicacies.

Then again, she might whip out a lightsaber or fling him away with that stupid force crap.

But what's life without risks?

A good life, that's what, if you asked Doc.

Azara

A
By the time Azara had reached the site she looked around, trying to see if anyone was alive. So far there were no signs other than more and more debris spread all over, likely more dead within the pieces. Just then she's felt the knight come over her neck and the gun to the back of her head. She froze in that instant where whoever it was wanted her to speak. Either he was a survivor or a native or someone else. Either way she could not speak when she had so much against her.

Reaching one hand back she put it between herself and him, focusing for a moment before sending a dark blast of magic into him, sending him back. Once both weapons were away she took a moment and caught her breath. Her hood was still up so, at the very least, the man had not seen her face. She turned to see him recover before holding both her hands up to him.

"Don't move....please." she said, keeping herself in a defensive mode. "I don't want to hurt you.....but I don't want you to hurt me either."

@[member="Doc"]

Ow. Ow.

Ow.

OW.

Doc tumbled along the ground, being caught off-guard by the blast. It was weak, so she probably didn't want to kill him. He slammed his body-face first into the water, remaining on the murky depths below for several seconds, before rising, the water dripping off of his armor. He was super glad it was sealed, this stuff was nasty. He pointed the gun at her, trembling for a moment, before steeling his stance.

"Usually, you say that BEFORE you knock someone away. Kind of a deal-breaker when you do it right away. What're you? Jedi? Sith? Je'daii? Any number of obscure factions that pop up way too much and then fade away unexpectedly?"Doc and the writer said, keeping the pistol, the slugthrower, aimed at her. His trench knife was in his other hand, ready to punch and stab and or a combination of both.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Azara took steps back when the gun was pointed at her. She was thinking n which ways she could try and defend herself, a number of them involving putting the man through one of the tress nearby, but when he finally spoke to her she had hope she could at least try to reason with him.

"I...I'm not with any of them." she said. "I'm just trying....trying to help." she said, changing her original motive. Looking back to the crash she asked him "Were you.....were you in that crash?"

@[member="Doc"]

"Yeah, I was in it. Sorry about the knife to the throat thing, I'm kind of nervous around here. And...force users and stuff like that make me kinda nervous." It was odd, that Doc still had his gun trained on the woman. Doc had a...sort of distrust for force users that he didn't know. They made him nervous. All that power, not a lot of regulation, nobody to really tell them what to do? Kinda scary, if you think about it. I mean, these people could flip tanks with their hands and the best he could do was shoot a big gun at one.

But they still couldn't stop a bullet (he preferred slug throwers to blasters) from crashing through their skull, now could they?

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
"I'm uh.....not really a force user." she said, lowering her hands a little to him. "I'm a magic user......maybe that sounds worse." she realized. "Bu-But don't worry. I'm not the kind who's going to make you burst into flames or turn you into a womprat or anything." she gave an awkward giggle before saying "That's didn't sound any better did it....?"

@[member="Doc"]

Doc started to lower the weapon, but kept it at the ready stance."No. No it didn't. I didn't think you could do that....and magic? I thought the forc- nevermind. I don't know. I don't want to know. All I know is one of the few reasons you don't have a bullet in your skull is the fact that you're kinda cute, and I'm kinda terrified, and maybe a little concussed. Just saying."He waved his gun around, before placing it back in the ready stance.

"The hell are you doing here anyway?"

LITTLE DID OUR TWO HEROES KNOW, A PARTY OF LOCAL HUNTERS WERE VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THEIR APPEARANCE ON THEIR PLANET.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
When he mentioned she was cute Azara tugged on her hood to bring it down further. When he asked why she was here she said "Oh...well, you know the me being a magic user? I haven't exactly got the magic part down. That's why I'm here. I heard some of the people on this planet might have shamans or the like. I was thinking, well.....more like hoping, that they could help me." She was twiddling her fingers around, embarrassed by what she had to explain, as she spoke.

@[member="Doc"]

@[member="Azara"]

Doc slowly put his gun away, and then slid the trench knife to the sheath on the front of his armor. He threw up his arms, sitting down in the mud."Well, crap."He said, pursing his lip. He glanced around, before blinking several times. He sighed, tapping his hand on his armored leg. Interestingly enough, the tips of his fingers were exposed, only part of his body that was exposed. It allowed for better and more natural grips on things, so Azara could also tell that he was indeed human, and white.

But other than that, he was a Commando with a mean-lookin' helmet with a pair of badass teeth painted on the bottom.

Azara

A
Looking up to the sky for a moment Azara looked to him and said "Do you think we should find somewhere to make camp? The nearest space port is at least a day away from here. And it's getting dark." she looked around and mentioned "I don't know if there are any dangerous animals out here...but if there are they tend to come out at night."

@[member="Doc"]

Doc looked up at the girl, from behind his polarized lenses. She hadn't, and probably wouldn't see his real face."Promise me you won't slit my throat or turn me into some sorta creature or somethin' or other?"He said with a sheepish, but invisible grin, but his tone was obviously slightly playful. Then again, he could probably straight-up-pretty-much-murder the girl with little to no problem if she tried something.

But he hoped she didn't, she was cute, at least, from the nose down. He hoped she had normal face parts to match the normal parts he'd seen. That sounded dirty.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Looking at him she made a cross over her heart to indicate she wouldn't. With all that settled Azara waited until he was ready and allowed him to lead the way. She didn't want to lead on the ground she knew she'd likely make some kind of mistake. She wasn't used to any sort of survival situations but, being a commando, she assumed @[member="Doc"] knew enough. If anything else she could at least keep an eye from behind for both of them.

That made him feel one hundred percent better. Really, it did. Doc slowly climbed to his feet, brushing off some of the mud. She was right, Commandos were taught to survive indefinitely in a hostile environment if need be. Doc walked for a little bit, helping her here and there, and they eventually came upon a clearing. He glanced around, and moved around some brush. It was...dry enough. He sighed, rubbing the top of his helmet.

"Walk around and pick up sticks. I'll break some branches to build a platform so we won't be sleeping in the mud. Not that it would bother me, but that little outfit you got going on there doesn't seem too warm and cozy, just saying."

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
Hearing him say to pick up the sicks Azara instead lifted her hand and used her magic to move a large among of sticks, all different sizes, together to make a platform. Dark outlines formed around the sticks as she reached out and brought them together. With enough concentration she was able to finally construct the platform. When it was done she looked to him and said "My robes are warm enough." She walked over and touched around the areas of the platform, making sure it as secure. After that she took off her hooded robe, revealing her body in the open. Her dark hair dropped for a moment and her purple eyes reflected in the night. She wore a dark leotard and matching shoes on her feet. She laid the robe down to use as a blanket.

@[member="Doc"]

Doc was heaving a heavy log when the god damn witch in the onesie decided to just go ahead and do it herself. FINE BY HIM. LESS WORK FOR HIM. Instead, Doc took the time to gather up firewood."You're not gonna get...all big and hairy or eat me or try to pull a Circe on me, are you?"He asked sheepishly, removing a cauterizing tool from his medical bag, and began to light the tinder on fire, trying to get the fire going. He still didn't take off the helmet.

He was cool and mysterious like that.

@[member="Azara"]

Azara

A
"Uh.....I don't know who or what Circe is, but you don't need to worry. I'm human.....at least I'm mostly human." She puffed up the hood part of the robe in order to use for a pillow. Looking up as the night sky was starting to come she just stared at the stars that began to dot the skies. She smiled a little, enjoying the peaceful mood of it all.

@[member="Doc"]

@[member="Azara"]

"I don't know either but I heard @[member="Circe Savan"] goes through men and has the drive of like, fourteen rabbits. Also, she's kinda stupid from what I've heard. And whiny. Anyway, I think I got the fire going. Should keep the bugs and other predatory things at bay. Or, something could come up and kill us. I'm going to sleep at the OTHER END of the platform. Don't take it personally, but you're still a stranger in a leotard in the middle of a swamp, and you're kinda not human, just like you said. Not that it...okay, that came out wrong. You can move stuff with your mind, not gonna lie, you make me a little nervous."

Doc sheepishly sat down on the platform, pulling his armored knees up to his chest.

Azara

A
When @[member="Doc"] explained why he wasn't staying near her she gave a somewhat annoyed look and simply said "I understand." After that she just turned on her side and pulled her hood over her body like a blanket. It did not take her long to eventually drift off to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom