Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SW Battlefront: Automatic Weapons & Slugs Return!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
SW Battlefront: Automatic Weapons & Slugs Return!

Automatic Weapons!? Slug Weapons!? Disney Canon! Heck yeah! It's about time. The Prequels went hard for semi-auto, intermittent bursts, composite beam, and one or two droidekas thrown into the mix. But now. Disney throws down the glove. It's boom time baby! Pew pew pew. And? I should note that personal energy shields see a return here too. Sexy. Thanks Battlefront Beta. You dun good.

Large pics from the beta item selection menu follow. The short descriptions are Factory Gold.

FullAuto4_zps55wepvi1.png

FullAuto2_zpskutmhxmo.png

FullAuto_zpsxcx4xf7f.png

FullAuto5_zpsta44ko8r.png

FullAuto3_zps3uqw7vj0.png

FullAuto6_zpsbugbok8e.png

Power Up Weapons

Not found in menus per se but can be seen in gameplay footage:

• Proximity Mines - Grenade like explosion triggered on close enemy approach
  • Thermal Imploders - Thrown grenade like explosion with a much much larger radius of effect
  • Smart Rocket - Rocket Launcher
  • Ion Rocket - Anti-Vehicle Rocket Launcher
  • Ion Mounted Turret - Smallish Anti-Vehicle Emplacement that fires Ion Rockets at slight intervals automatically
  • Orbital Strike - Turbolaser barrage in a medium radius at your chosen location
  • Traits/Killstreaks - More kills, more power to your primary blaster
  • Ion Shot - Lasers turn blue and deal more damage to vehicles and shields

Cristina Zeitlin

C
A couple of times while I was playing, I was able to get my hands on the TIE Fighter, or X-Wing, or A-Wing special power ups that you can grab from time to time.
I am very happy that the Starfighters are much easier to control than they were in Battlefront and Battlefront 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom