Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SW-12 Jack-Knife - FFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Someone Order a War?
SW_12_Jack_Knife.jpg
Pistol.jpg
Lower: Image Source | Upper: Custom Art

Tired of hauling around that assault rifle day to day, want to pack actual clothes too in your luggage when you go away?
Want an affordable gamechanger, or a gun that won't let you down?
We at FFE appreciate your need to have a gun you can depend on, that doesn't weigh more than a Herglic carrying its young.

Intent: To offer a compact, reliable sonic wave pistol on par with chaos’s modern technology, and a counter to many blaster and slug resistant armors that don’t yet build resistances for sonic wave energy. *Note sonic wave energy differs from regular sonic rifles in how it interacts (discharges) concussively against lightsabers and matter such as armor.

Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Fire for Effect
Model: SW-12 Jack-Knife
Affiliation: Closed Market, from Fire for Effect’s Marketplace thread, or a sponsored representative.
Current Link Here

Modularity: No
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Basic Durasteel
Classification: Sonic Wave Pistol
Size: Handheld
Length: 150 mm
Weight: 952 g
Ammunition Type: Sonic Wave Charge
Ammunition Capacity: 60 Charges. (20 Shots)
Effective Range:
Optimum 20 Meters
Maximum 50 Meters
Rate of Fire: Semi Automatic, 3 Round Bursts, no single or autofire option

Firefor_Effect.jpg

Custom Made Image

Special Features: Sonic weapons by their definition can cause disorientation when you are struck by them, but this is less likely in the condensed form of sonic energy. Sonic wave or sonic blaster weapons fire a concentrated mass of sound that is devastating to living tissue, when struck they explode concussively outward in an omnidirectional but very small blast given this is a pistol charge.

Description:
Fire for Effect are constantly looking for weapons the public can buy that fill a niche, or try to give them the edge over their opponents, it was decided that the galaxy at large needed a new competitive, compact and reliable pistol. With the wide rise in slug and blaster resistant armor, sonic wave weapons are a natural choice, a concentrated mass of sound rather than blaster energy, causing a concussive force. Sonic wave weapons differ from regular sonic rifle's or pistols somewhat, using small explosive spheres of concentrated sound rather than focused bolts of sonic energy or expanded stun blasts. The ammunition is fired in an energized containment sphere, exploding on impact in all directions rather than puncturing, bursting internal organs if striking exposed skin in a small radius under the impact wound, and damaging or rupturing any inorganic matter nearby such as unresistant armor. It should be noted this is a pistol, so the radius is confined to where it hits, an arm, a leg, or a small surface area.

A marked difference to regular sonic rifles or pistols that pass around a lightsaber blade, sonic wave technology instead explodes on contact with a lightsaber, both however are one example of how sonic energy interacts differently to regular blasters.

Weaknesses:
-Limited Ammunition, 3 rounds a time at 60 per cell, with no option for a single shot mode.
-Much lower max range than a blaster pistol, with the optimal range being a bit lower as well.
-Very hard to repair if it breaks, replacement parts are near impossible to fit.
-No complex equipment, a deadly but otherwise basic weapon.
-Small surface area for the ammunition's concussive force.

Strengths:
+Explodes on contact with lightsabers or anything else, rupturing inorganic matter such as armor, and bringing concussive force to damage or burst internal organs if striking unarmored targets or contacting exposed tissue.
+Not a slug, not a blaster shot, sonic wave energy requires different counters and resistances to protect against concussive sound waves specifically.
+Can cause disorientation if struck non fatally, but this is less likely when using the wave technology.
+Reliable, no complex equipment means there is little to break down.

Primary Source: N/A

Reference Links for existing canon tech.
Sonic Blaster
Sonic Blaster

RESEARCH REVIEW
[member="Kaul Dusat"]

Really the only problem I can see with this is the maximum range. The linked Geonosian Sonic Blasters have a max range of 40 Meters. Bring it down to that and you are golden.

Did Someone Order a War?
[member="Draco Vereen"]
Thanks for reviewing.

Halved the range to 50, I hope 10 more meters is okay given how far technology has advanced.
Upped ammo from 50 to 60 (3 more shots), to bring the weapon to 20 shots from 17 to balance a bit against the range decrease, and round it off in a number that divided by 3.

Added some detail about how the weapon acts concussively, as I wasn't happy when I re-read it, how vaguely I wrote about how it impacted living tissue. Please skim the text if you get chance, the line's in strengths sum it all up for easy reading.

And Lo doth mine eyes look upon thy sub, and no longer doth mine eyes find issue.
May the barrister note this is Approved, Pending the Secondary Approval of his lordship Czar [member="Tefka"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom