Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Svivren-2504 Raven-class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiaosan Sohn

Owner of Sohn's Mining Company
raven_by_andrinja-d8l1se9.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Mining Harvester
  • Length: 32 Meters
  • Width: 28 Meters
  • Height: 22 Meters
  • Armament: Very Low; Mining Lasers
  • Defenses: Very Low; Standard Armor Plating
  • Squadron Count: Average
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1

STANDARD FEATURES
Simple Targeting Systems
x3 E-16/x Ion Drives

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
x2 Q7 Tractor Beam Projectors
x2 Intellex V Brains
x1 7000 Geoscanner
Strengths:

• Speed and agility is very high compared to most ships.
  • Capable of using tractor beams to carry large objects.
  • Uses a Droid Brain
Weaknesses:
  • The ship is basically completely defenseless and one good blaster hit can set it up in flames.
  • Needs a nearby ship for support and ore dumping
Description: No crew is needed for this ship and is usually near a cruiser for defense. The ship is able to drill average 10-30 tons of ore, minerals, and metal per day. The speed and maneuverability is meant to avoid any unwanted asteroid collisions.

[member="Samsay Sohn"], this is a pretty neat idea.

Samsay Sohn said:
Manufacturer: Sohn's Mining Company
I would go to the Company Modification thread and request that "Shipbuilding" be added to your company's operations so that they can make this.

Samsay Sohn said:
Classification: Mining Harvester Length: 32 Meters Width: 28 Meters Height: 22 Meters Armament: Very Low; Mining Lasers Defenses: Very Low; Standard Armor Plating Hangar: None Maneuverability Rating: Extreme Speed Rating: High Hyperdrive Class: 0.3
For comparison purposes, are we comparing this to a corvette or starfighter?

You're currently using the corvette template, but its size firmly places it in the starfighter category.

Xiaosan Sohn

Owner of Sohn's Mining Company
[member="Gir Quee"]

I've edited the template to a starfighter template.

Is it possible to keep this design as open as possible and let the manufacturer position just be "Any?" That way I can just ask another company to produce these ships as anyone can construct it.

Samsay Sohn said:
Is it possible to keep this design as open as possible and let the manufacturer position just be "Any?" That way I can just ask another company to produce these ships as anyone can construct it.
There's not really an "any" option. If you don't know of a particular company or faction that you want to manufacture these (especially if it's not going to be Sohn's Mining Company), I'd recommend using an unclaimed canon starship building company, such as Corellia StarDrive. That way you can NPC buying them from someone else, but you won't have to worry about running the company.

Samsay Sohn said:
I've edited the template to a starfighter template.
So with the change to starfighter template, we can talk about balancing. This is somewhat overpowered in terms of flight performance, having four more ratings (or stat bumps/increases) than would normally be allowed. You can lower stats from wherever you like to get to balancing..

My personal recommendation, based on this being a noncombat craft, would be to reduce the hyperdrive to average (x1), reduce maneuverability to "Very High", and change squadron count to "Average". But ultimately, it's up to you on how to balance it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom