Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Susurrus | Open to Jedi [PM to Join]

ismail-inceoglu-saving-the-planet.jpg

Coruscant
Level 1851
876 ABY
The lower levels of Coruscant were hell, with little light and less civilization. Many in these regions were so poor and downtrodden they considered the galaxy a myth - forever out of their reach. To even see the stars was to be above these people; but it was no fault of the Republic or the governments that came before it. The massive quantity of people made its management a bureaucratic nightmare. That didn't stop them from trying.​
In this instance, enough fear had begun to spread that word reached up the upper echelons of Republic municipal control. Missing people broaching on a hundred in the span of two months was nothing anyone could ignore - especially when they left almost no trace. Doors were locked and the streets emptied in a region already known for being unsafe - but whispers guessing at what the cause was spread wild. From the Maw, to the Sith, SIA agents practicing new weapons on its own population.​
Without further investigation however, none of these could be proven or disproven - and rumors are the bane of sane men. When word was spread, a small deployment of Jedi were sent into the depths to investigate - led by the Jedi Master Caru Atol. A relatively young master, he was in his early thirties. His every movement spoke to confidence and zen - even as the light of the sky disappeared and was replaced by the artificial pseudo lights of the lower districts. Even as the smell of Coruscant permeated the ship.​
"Can't say I come down here very often.", he said with a subdued smile.​
"You guys familiar with these levels? Haven't gone lower than 3940 personally.", he laughed - mostly at his own ignorance of the world he lived on.​
Around them, the world grew more dreary - and the ships grew less constant by the second. Trade was minimal in these lower levels, most transport was done by rail. There was a handful of dedicated policing platforms that they headed for now, but they all knew once they landed that would be it. It was all by foot from there.​

Orson Velus

O
The Jedi Master laughing about not having much experience with the lower levels of Coruscant did little to calm Orson's nerves. Compared to the Padawan, the Master seemed like some great explorer, as Orson hadn't gone anywhere but the temple really on Coruscant. Orson wasn't really sure why he hadn't explored, if he had to hazard a guess, he'd blame his lack of directional skills probably. As he observed the area around him change as they got lower and lower, the worries became increasingly obvious on his features.

"You guys familiar with these levels? Haven't gone lower than 3940 personally.",

"Not at all, no.." He replied, simply continuing to look around.

However, despite all his worrying and nerves, he couldn't help but be somewhat excited about finally having some kind of assignment that he was being sent off on.

"Before we, uh.. I'm not entirely
sure what we're doing if I'm being honest. But before whatever it is, I figure it's worth introducing myself. I'm Orson Velus." He wasn't really speaking to anyone in particular, sort of speaking out to whoever listened in hopes of some conversation until they got to their destination.

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Pradd Miolonn Pradd Miolonn | Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Raphael nodded as the Jedi Master asked if they were familiar with the lower levels and smiled just a bit. Having lived down here the last so many months before finding himself with the Jedi, Raphael was acutely aware of the lower levels; the gangs, the pollution, the homeless, the corruption… All of it was like home, just like Nar Shaddaa. He watched the jedi Master, he was only a bit older than Raphael himself was, early thirties. Yet there was such grace and confidence to his steps. As they went down further and further, Raphael took a deep breath. The lower levels were like home.

"Yeah. I'm pretty familiar, actually. I used to live down here. My sister actually still does, now that I think about it… She has a habit of getting into trouble… I should just give her what money's in my account to move to the upper levels. Dunno why I haven't yet." He sighed, mentally adding another thing to his "to-do" list. A supply car passed on the rails just below the ship as they descended. The pseudo lights were another welcome sight. It wasn't that he disliked the sky, given how often he flew, but there was something nostalgic about those kinds of lights. Though not completely in a good way. He allowed a smile to grace his lips.

He'd made sure to not bring his rifle, but his mag pistol? Yeah, that was definitely with him. Oh! Right. Introductions. "Oh, heya Orson. I'm Raphael Gallustrade, but you can just call me Raph. As a matter of fact, I'd kinda, ya know, prefer it. As for what we're doing… If I remember right we're investigating disappearances, if I'm remembering correctly."
Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean
Pradd Miolonn Pradd Miolonn
Orson Velus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom