Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superweapon Idea (Not asking for them to be brought back)

This is just a suggestion for if you ever bring back super weapons, but I think they should be one per major faction, ever, and one time use at that. When I say one per major faction, one in all, no remakes, that faction never gets another.

tenor.gif

Tbh sure why not allow super weapons to major factions. No single writer or group of writers can kill off another PC without permission. Anyone could just miraculously hand wave the OP planet eater and survive imo. Also cant destroy a planet without staff permission as well. =)

Though I will ask this, even though superweapons will never be allowed. What is to stop a Major faction from targeting a minor one and just having a hay day? [member="Renn Garrick"]

[member="Malcolm Oro"] I want to say that it wouldn't be a hay day, but that would be an outright lie, probably the reason it doesn't happen (to my knowledge)

Although I cannot speak fully on behalf of any of the staff, keeping Superweapons away from the RP outside of Site Run events allows for a semblance of parity and/or balance. Sure! Superweapons sound like a great idea at times, not to mention the 'hoorah' aspect of it being undone by a far less significant heroic force, but still, it would likely tip the scales more than anyone would reasonably be comfortable. And there's definitely evidence to back this up whether here on Chaos, or outside of it. I'm certain my fellow Factory Judges and/or Admins/RPJs will chime into this as well

[member="Renn Garrick"]
Superweapons will not be brought back.

Characters cannot be killed without their owner's consent.
I or Tef have to approve all stellar body destruction.

They can be only used in events and destroyed at the end.

Don't like to shut down discussion, but you need to know where staff stand.

Sidenote here: half of the ship weaponry made on this site atm actually already falls within the superweapon category. So, technically you already have superweapons [member="Renn Garrick"] until staff basically decides its going overboard. However, as for planet busting stuff...it's rather silly, cumbersome and generally just a hassle to deal with

Credius Nargath said:
Sidenote here: half of the ship weaponry made on this site atm actually already falls within the superweapon category. So, technically you already have superweapons [member="Renn Garrick"] until staff basically decides its going overboard. However, as for planet busting stuff...it's rather silly, cumbersome and generally just a hassle to deal with
This is patently false.

By star wars in canon logic, any weapon capable of destroying a capital ship in a single shot is to be considered a superweapon or at least near it. So it is NOT patently false [member="Braith Achlys"]

[member="Credius Nargath"] Where in canon are you basing this assumption from? I have no recollection of ever having read or heard spoken in canon, or even legends such a definition of superweapon. At best it would be an anti-capital ship weapon.

Credius Nargath said:
Sidenote here: half of the ship weaponry made on this site atm actually already falls within the superweapon category. So, technically you already have superweapons Renn Garrick until staff basically decides its going overboard. However, as for planet busting stuff...it's rather silly, cumbersome and generally just a hassle to deal with
Credius Nargath said:
By star wars in canon logic, any weapon capable of destroying a capital ship in a single shot is to be considered a superweapon or at least near it. So it is NOT patently false Braith Achlys
A Superweapon is any military based technology that is far out of line with the "Standard." Such uses are to destroy planets, or entire Star systems.

Looking down the list of weapons that are considered "Superweapons" many of them are weapons such as the Starkiller base, Death Star, OR extremely large ships with a weapon mounted upon it.

No. I am sorry to say, but your statement of a Super weapon being capable of destroying a Capitol ship in a single shot, is false.

However, if there is more that you have to add to this discussion. Please, do feel free to chime in.

Credius Nargath said:
By star wars in canon logic, any weapon capable of destroying a capital ship in a single shot is to be considered a superweapon or at least near it. So it is NOT patently false [member="Braith Achlys"]
That isn't what a superweapon is, and I don't believe very many submissions even fitting that description are approved.

A superweapon is defined as "you know it when you see it", and the discretion given is to staff, not you or I. A superlaser that can crack a planet's crust open? Superweapon. A proton beam cannon that can theoretically, emphasis mine, destroy a capital ship? No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom