Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Super-Robot Super-Frame Mark I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/a
Intent: To allow Triam Akovin the ability to wield both the Repulsion Super-Shovel (Mark I), and the Repulsion Super-Drill (Mark I) at the same time over an extended period of time.
Development Thread: N/a
Manufacturer: A.S.Co.
Model: Heavy Lifting Droid Support Frame
Affiliation: A.S.Co. buyers
Modularity: Yes, it is designed to take on either two Super-Shovels, two Super-Drills, or one of each. Conceivably however, one could rig it in order to carry other things such as weapons. Though this would void the warranty. It can also be modified in order to accommodate much heavier armor, but this too would void the warranty.
Production: Semi-Unique (Only Six exist)
Material: Durasteel, Servo-motors, Hydraulics, Electronic Components, a Droid Brain tasked with following the wearers frame and intended movement.
Classification: Other, Heavy Lifting
Weight: 500 Kg
Quality: 1, not designed to be armor.
Special Features: The only thing the Super-Frame Mark I was designed for, was to carry heavy equipment, such as the recent additions to A.S.Co. mining equipment, the Super-Shovel, and the Super-Drill, which both weight over 25 kilograms without an extended power pack. Thus, if a single individual is looking to utilize both, it becomes physically impossible and unwieldy. To streamline the mining process, Triam Akovin was able to build six prototypes that could carry equipment and mined material weighing about 50 kilograms in each arm, and 1000 kilograms in its back compartment for mined ores, which is detachable for ease of use. It has an power pack that allows the machine to last for up to six hours of continuous use without extra equipment attached, and four hours when both arms are carrying and powering equipment like the Super-Shovel and the Super-Drill. This exoskeletal frame can be worn over almost any armor, but may need modifications for heavier armor.
Description: In her quest to streamline her mining processes, Triam Akovin has developed some rather innovative technologies to allow single individuals to take on the workload of several other people. However, these things are notoriously large, heavy, and limited in power supply. This suit is intended to resolve these problems, and allow the wearer to become a walking mining machine. Using cheaper materials, Triam was able to cut down on construction cost, and thus allow the suit to be more cost effective to use than buying lots of other mining equipment, which she sees as archaic and past its prime. Although heavy and slow, the machine is fairly comfortable but mostly utilitarian to where, able to lift both "superior" repulsion-based mining shovels and drills at the same time and power them for extended periods of time, and even having a detachable back compartment that can hold roughly around 1000 kilograms of material at a time. The Super-Frame Mark I with its separately sold shovels and drills is the best mining equipment money can buy on the market, and it shouldn't break the bank in the long run due to its increased efficiency over traditional methods, easily repaired components, and replacing the need to hire teams of miners or droids.

Plus, you'll look cool as kark.

Strengths:
  • Utilize Super-Equipment: Hold either two Super-Shovels, two Super Drills, or both at the same time!
  • Carry One Metric Ton: Utilizing the detachable back compartment, fill it up with around one ton of material, and carrying it around with ease.
Weaknesses:
  • Not Designed for Combat: All modifications intended to utilize this mining equipment for any task other than the intended activity will void the warranty on this device, and A.S.Co. will not be responsible for any damage that comes to equipment. Also, you're probably going to be spending a lot of money on it to begin with in attempting to turn this into a war machine, it is notoriously ineffective at pretty much anything other than mining purposes.
  • Not Designed for Space: WARNING! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS EQUIPMENT IN SPACE. It really won't work. This is for ground based mining only, given that the equipment it is meant to carry is entirely ground based.
  • Slow Movement Speed: You will notice that this machine is very good at lifting and carrying objects, but even when empty, it does nothing to improve your movement speed, and in fact, limits it to at most, a light jog. This will cause the frame considerable stress, and is not recommended.
  • Moderately Fragile: Anything from blaster shots, electricity, or large impacts can disrupt the mechanisms in the suit and render it in need of internal repair, though this does not guarantee it will become inoperable if hit. However, it is robust enough due to its size that after a short repair it will function entirely normally, if the damage was slight.
  • Initially Expensive: The price tag is fairly daunting at first, which may deter customers from buying it.
Primary Source: Repulsion Super-Shovel Mark I, Repulsion Super-Drill Mark I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom