Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Super Heated Mithrax Slugthrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

roderick-weise-shrap-launcher-3.jpg
roderick-weise-shrap-launcher-2.jpg
roderick-weise-shrap-launcher-1.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Mithrax
  • Affiliation: Cha’ta’ri, Mithrax
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: Can be altered
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Electrical storage unit, Metal, Slugthrower components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthower
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell, Slugs
  • Ammunition Capacity:
    • Slugs: Average
    • Power Cell: Average
  • Effective Range: Low
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Stopping Power: Very High
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Power Cell generator: Develops a superheated magnetic field that coats the launched slugs and ignites them.
  • Fully-Automatic: Fires four slugs at a time that scatter in a cone shape.
STRENGTHS
  • High-Temperature Shots: The automatic shotgun-like spread combined with the bullets melting temperature can seriously incapacitate anything on the other side of the muzzle.
  • Adaptive batteries: Once rewired the gun can run on almost any type of power pack.
WEAKNESSES
  • Custom slugs: The gun only loads the custom slugs of the Mithrax
  • Rewiring: Rewiring the gun to reload batteries is a huge inconvenience during combat.
DESCRIPTION
The superheated slug throwers are the Mithrax hunter's most prominent range weapon.
Used for wounding and incapacitating their prey, the high-temperature slugs are meant to burn themselves into the body of the victims and hinder their movement.
They are upgraded slugthrowers reconstructed from scavenged equipment and other gun parts. There is a special group within the Machinist guild of the Mithrax that repurpose and manufacture these weapons.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Davak Davak I am curious how does a magnetic field become super heated, if you had some sort of just superheated metal that coated each bullet as it is pulled into the chamber that’s fine just when you say super heated magnetic field it seems odd to me

Hey there... well not so sure myself kinda just rolled with the punches on this one buuut I found this:
"Heat can be created from magnets by putting magnetic material into a high-frequency oscillating magnetic field that makes the magnet’s polarity switch back and forth at a high-enough rate to produce noticeable friction." -
So I dont think its tooooo odd of a technology wdyt? Ravenfire Ravenfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom