Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Sundrop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konan Sunracer

K
DopeyImmediateGerbil-max-1mb.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an illegal substance for Black Market and Crime Lord characters to distribute, fight over, etc
  • Image Source: Redline
  • Canon Link: Coaxium
  • Primary Source: C.E.C. AX-001
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Originally - Disgruntled C.E.C. employees, later the wider Galactic Underground - Nadir, Lords of Nal Hutta, Black Sun Remnant
  • Affiliation: Various lack Market or Criminal Factions, Illegal Racers(Example: Nadir, Hutt Cartel etc.)
  • Model: Sundrop
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Minor
  • Material: Durasteel, Thermal Regulator Parts, Unrefined Hyperfuel/Coaxium
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Increases Speed of Repulsorlift Vehicles
Strengths:
  • Increases Repulsorlift Vehicle speed to match Starfighter "Very Fast" if vehicle was already at Very Fast or Extreme, and starship "High" if original vehicle was below Very Fast
Weaknesses:
  • Reduces Repulsorlift Vehicle's maneuverability to 0
  • Can only be used on Repulsorlift Vehicles that have been modified to use the Sundrop (IE Unique/Semi-Unique Repulsorlift Vehicles)
  • Straight Line or Bust: While possible to move your vehicle when using this it is not recommended as side effects could include but are not limited to: Spinning out of control, ripping the vehicle apart, and death
  • Because Reuplsorlift Vehicles utilize weaker inertial dampners than typical starfighters, expect incredible G-Force and potentially blackouts/death from using it. Internal bleeding is also incredibly common
  • Illegal: Being caught with this incredibly unstable substance can land you in Jail, or worse.
  • Counterfit: Just like any illicit substance on the black market, it is relatively easy to fake or dilute the look of the Sundrop. Fake or diluted Sundrops can at best disable the ship and at worst cause the entire vehicle to explode
  • Rock the Boat: Repeated heavy use of the Sundrop can cause repulsorlift coils to malfunction under the strain and make the ship crumble from the inside
  • Unstable: Always the chance this Sundrop will be your last and can cause massive explosions if not transported or used correctly
DESCRIPTION
Developed by disgruntled C.E.C. employees and sold on the Black Market, Sundrop is an incredibly powerful tool for swoop racers and the like in the underground circuits. Completely illegal in every corner of the Galaxy due to its unstable nature. Though it uses the same technology that C.E.C. uses to keep it in its unrefined state for long periods of time, it has become less and less stable as time has gone on and its design has proliferated into the Black Market. When put into a Sundrop module on a Repulsorlift Vehicle, the liquid substance reacts to the casing allowing for the pilot to flip the switch jolting it with enough energy that causes the fuel to escape the capsule and displace the liquid which then funnels down into and through the repulsor coils and repulsor engine, flooding the vehicle with starfighter-like speeds. Its poor design has led to a race between several Underground and Illegal factions to perfect the technology in an attempt to reduce its drawbacks.

Netherworld

[member="Konan Sunracer"]

Sorry for the wait! Had to double check a thing with my fellow judges.

Konan Sunracer said:
Manufacturer: Originally - Disgruntled C.E.C. employees, later the wider Galactic Underground
  • If you want this produced at Minor, you're going to have to link an actual Manufacturer.
  • Your other option is to drop this to something much more limited (think Semi-Unique), but I don't imagine that's what you want by the way this reads.
As for the meat of the sub, this looks good to me. Temporary boost with a lot of Very Bad Things waiting to happen if it's abused and/or looked at wrong.

Netherworld

No. The issue here is that for the kind of high level of production you're gunning for, you need a manufacturer that can do that.

The current "galactic underground" is too nebulous, so you'll have to link a company/faction that can do it.

Konan Sunracer

K
Most illegal substances could be considered mass produced and are by design nebulous, but I've linked some of the "bigger" manufacturers

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld

I understand, and this was the matter I had to discuss with my fellow judges in the first place. But if anything could be produced by NPC companies, the whole aspect of building company Tiers would be rendered pointless. Hence my request.

Anyway, so long as the Lords of Nal Hutta are fine with this being manufactured by them, I can stamp this. (Or you can just remove them from the list and I can stamp this right away.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom