Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sullen Vagrant - The Path Back

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

WEARING: Robes, Force Talisman
TAGS: Iris Arani Iris Arani

"I gave mine to Amani before. Before uh. I died. And the other one. Well. Wasn't a good idea to flash around a red saber." He affirmed, before frowning at the mention of a hobby. "No. Heh. Just remembering."

He went quiet when she did. At least for a moment.

His hand gliding back to his own canvas and finding a proper spot to spread the paint.

"There's worse things than nightmares. I know." His tone dark as he looked over his
canvas.

The past seemed a tricky thing for them both. Learning to be careful of those topics was something he was still learning it seemed.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He looked over his canvas for a while, until she tapped his shoulder.

The dark a little brighter when she reminded him he wasn't alone anymore.

"Yeah. Going to take some getting used to I think." He nodded, gathering his supplied up for her.

"Yeah. Let's see what home looks like." His tone much cheerier after cleaning up and getting his case.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Take all the time you need to. I at least won't rush you."

She stood up then, gathering up the supplies. Though not the canvas. She always left that behind. Whoever got it, it was their choice what to do with it. Throw it away, keep it, display it somewhere. Sell it. Didn't matter. A self lesson in letting go of the things she made with her own two hands. With a grin she nodded to the door.

"Got anything you need help carrying?"

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

A glance back at both paintings was the only hesitation on his part, wheeled case moving already as he shook his head.

"Don't have much. I kinda like it really." Admitting to that was something of a new perspective.

He had kept mementos of times past at his old place.

Things likely packed away and shipped home to be. Dealt with. However had been seen fit by likely his mother since she was-

His gaze focused back to Iris.

"I'm ready."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

There was an odd shift in the colors around him. Her eyes caught it, but they seemed to fade as soon as they arrived. Should she ask him about it? There was a second she just stood there, mulling it over. Curiosity had always had her ask the most uncomfortable questions she could of strangers. Before. She'd already done a lot of that with him now. And he wasn't a stranger.

So Iris smiled and nodded.

"It's not far."

Sure enough it wasn't. A ten minute walk and they arrived to the apartment building that used to always feel like home. Now, more like a stop. She frowned just a little, her eyes scanning over the front here and there. Studying it before she took the step up the stairs to lead them to her room. Their room. It wasn't a big place, but it had a living room, a kitchen. Two bedrooms on either side. It was.. Empty.

It wasn't like before. The walls were still thick with the paint she used to cover them in, changing every day. The couch was still it's paint covered self. But it felt empty now that Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren wasn't living there. She raised a hand, pointing towards the far more empty room.

"That's yours. Mines the other. Fridge's empty, I don't bother stocking up on food. Usually goes bad before I come back. There's a grocery close by. I can show you it later if you want."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The assurance that it wasn't far was met with the usual begrudging nod. The kind of nod that was just a sign of accepting that what was said and what was meant might have been two different ideas of far.

He was very glad to be entirely wrong when they stood outside the apartment she had mentioned.

There was a slight pause, long enough for him to glance at her. Her expression falling somewhere between sorrow and longing.

Following her inside, he couldn't help but chuckle a little at the sight of paint everywhere. She pointed out the room that was his, mentioning the fridge and a grocer close by.

If her estimation of time was anything to go by, he might have even been able to wear sweat pants to the store and not get to soaked in a rainstorm.

"A trip over there would be good. I'll take a look through the cupboards in a bit." He spoke about the topics at hand, but wondered why she looked like she was seeing her own place for the first time.

"You don't like this," His hand gesturing to the whole of the apartment and turning to her. "when it's just you, do you?"

His expression and emotions just shy of neutral. It all felt, off. For as much color and expression the space had, she'd been more at ease in the garden than where she stood now to his eyes.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"There's a lot of good memories here. They just feel like the belong to a different person entirely." The laughter and smiles of painting the room, the nerves and embarrassment of awkward flirting, the tears of heartbreak. Teenage years come and gone, and now just an empty home. Maybe if she looked hard enough she could see those memories left in the colors, buried under years of being gone. Maybe.

"So.. No. Not really. It'll be nice having someone to share this place with again though."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The description she gave was a familiar feeling. Staring at the wedding party had been a sore second for him until he pushed aside the memories.

Going through the cobwebs of his mind to find the good times had never been a success. But being around the right places, the right sounds, and the easy atmosphere of friends.

It wrenched the real from the twisted but never made him feel better.

"Time is never anyone's friend. Friends come and go, and the path you walk might not run parallel to someone else's for very long, or only to a point." He explained bitterly, thinking on the friends he'd had for a good portion of his time with the Silvers.

"But, they help you grow, just as you've helped them grow no doubt. And the memories are going to always be there. Just as they will have always affected your life. And might still affect your life if you keep in touch with them." His words bitter still at losing touch with so many of his own friends. "But there are always more people in the galaxy. More friends to make. More memories to make. Happy and sad ones."

Her words a balm on the bitterness that scoured his memories.

"I look forward to it." He managed a smile, taking his own advice on the matter. His hands rubbed together, trying to wash his mood away with a grin.

"I am curious though, you ate yet? Trying to find a place took up most of my morning and I'm getting to the point of gnawing on the furniture." He let his eyes slide over to the paint covered couch speculative and measuring. "I don't think the colors will have different flavors though, and a couch doesn't sound appealing at the moment."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris gave a slow nod as she listened.

He made a lot of sense. Too much sense. She frowned, crossing her arms over her chest. Every time they talked she kept feeling him make more and more sense that made her self pitying less and less welcome in her own mind. Made her feel better, though she didn't want to, basically. A huff escaped her before she stepped past him.

"There's a noodle shop I frequent. C'mon. We can get you dinner."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The huff and avoidance of the topic got a quick side eye from him as she mentioned a noodle shop close by. Instead of letting his focus stay on the sorrow, he nodded with an approving smirk.

The day was shaping up to be a decent one after all.

"Mm. Now that sounds like a good idea." Yet to mention how she didn't answer his question. Or the why.

Sometimes it was just better to let the card tower settle before kicking the table again.

"Lead the way!" He'd follow behind her, pointing out this and that along the way or even just figuring out the best spots to look around.

A tourist in its purest form.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"We're getting my noodles, by the way. So hope you can handle spicy."

She just flashed a grin before leading the way out of the apartment, down the street. She wouldn't explain anything about what she just said till they got there. Good ol' fashion noodle stand. One of her favorites. Not just one of her favorites. By the fact she said nothing, set down some credits, sat down, and the man behind the bar raised two fingers in question. A nod, and he got to work.

Iris was a regular.

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

Spicy noodles?

A cautious but curious narrowing of his eyes to the idea of whatever that rather cryptic warning could have meant. He hadn't met a food he'd disliked just yet.

Aside from Dathomir Oysters.

The thought alone had his stomach attempting flips while they walked. The worry beginning to mount when she simply paid, shared some gestures, and waited.

"Oh this ought to be a treat." He sat down, rubbing his hands together impatiently.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Depends on how you handle your spice."

She just flashed a brief grin before putting on the mask again. No emotion, no hint of what was to come. She wanted to make sure he was surprised as he could get when the bowls were set out before them. When they were? The spiciness practically floated above them like a a thick miasma. She just took up some chopsticks and went right to it. There was nothing like a good burn of the tongue to clear her mind of her problems.

Mostly cause it hurt. .. Maybe that was a problem she should talk about. Not right now, though. Right now she wanted to see if he could even handle it.

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The cryptic remarks hadn't helped him prepare for what he was about to consume. Breaking the chopsticks apart and blinking a few times as the sheer heat of spices seemed to permeate the air like an assualt.

In for a credit, in for a kath hound.

A mantra that had carried him into numerous questionable choices in his existence.

The first part of the bite he took didn't seem bad. But the slow crawl of near painful heat along his tongue was something he'd experienced before. One of those challenges that had been a fad along the holo-net and expressly been addressed by a few news stations.

But feth it was well under advertised.

"Chit." He managed, fanning his mouth with a free hand while giving a rapid series of blinks as the heat escaped his mouth.

It may have subconsciously been an SOS signal.

He felt like he was spitting ignitable fumes, but the underlying flavor made him dare another bite.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris just calmly ate her own with an all too smug expression on her face. Not that she wasn't feeling the burn. She absolutely was. She just seemed way more used to it. Or maybe she just liked the idea of teasing him too much.

"Chit? That's rude, I think it tastes wonderful."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He tried to side eye her, but the open mouthed fanning didn't let him do more than just look her way in the end.

"Ish good. Jush hot!" His words skewed by the continued attempt to cool off his tongue and mouth.

Even with the complaint he was still eating, if a bit slower than Iris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom