Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sullen Vagrant - The Path Back

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

WEARING: Robes, Force Talisman
TAGS: Iris Arani Iris Arani

He had spent the better part of the day showing everything that he had brought back. Which truth be told wasn't a whole lot.

One of his few remaining possessions, his raiment, stored in a wheeled crate and cleared for further use after checking its point of origin.

And for any sneaky sith magic to spy on them.

The lightsaber had been disposed of. For the better really given the purpose it had served him. Memories that didn't need to be dredged up as he lingered in the gardens of the temple.

Information on a place to stay being found for someone in his unique position. Close enough to keep an eye on. Far enough to not be an eyesore.

Or at least was his guess.

A hand rubbed his temples, the daylight bothersome as he blinked and wondered about a shady spot to tuck himself away in. The other hand twirling a credit chit between his fingers, an item he thought he'd lost until discovering it inside a pocket of his armor.

He wondered just how the reaction to its use would go as he groaned.

"Coruscant, seat of the Senate. We welcome you with open arms. And bright as feth sun." He complained, standing to pull the outer portion of the robes off and bundling them under his arm.

His eyes wandered the garden, finding a pair of plant supports set aside for the moment and mulling on snatching them as he worked out the feat of engineering in his mind.

The bundle opened and held aloft to examine before glancing back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

The gardens were one of those places she felt the most at peace in. In part because plant life didn't have the crazy emotions that changed the colors so drastically as a living person. In part because of Lief Lief . It was his idea. And it was one she couldn't be more thankful about. She was mid painting, streaks of various colors covering the canvas in a swirl of greens and blues. The same paint coated her as she sat cross legged on the ground. Out of a dress, out of the typical Jedi attire. A t-shirt and some shorts, easily cleaned clothing. It was a habit she only picked up recently.

And, well. Her painting stopped as she felt someone come in. Iris blinked slowly, lifting her head to just stare for a moment. A streak of blue covered her cheek. Green, her forehead. She either didn't care or didn't seem to notice. Just watched him for a moment.

"What are you doing?"

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

Surprise broke the calm when the first sound left her mouth. Robes let loose and his whole body tensed and flailed. Being in the jedi temple, he'd allowed himself the chance to relax.

Now a regret as he felt thunder in his chest and fire in his nerves.

His eyes scanned, finding a familiar albeit paint covered face watching him. It did wonders to ease the sudden tension he felt. And the colors seemed to accentuate her eyes-

He shook his head enough to dismiss the thought. He could appreciate colors once he'd found a place to stay.

"Well. I was going to make a shady spot. Waiting for the uh. Receptionist. They had me step outside. Here. To here." Kneeling as he spoke to collect the outer robe. His expression plainly curious now as he approached.

"Fun or goal?" He peeked around her shoulder, keeping enough distance to be out of arms reach as he tangled his hands into the bundled robe.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"You sure you wanna tell a Shadow you're looking for something shady?"

She kept a straight face, to her credit. Mostly. There was a subtle, so very subtle, upturn of her lips before she looked down to her artwork. Shrugged. "Hobby. I've been painting longer than I've been able to hold a conversation. When the colors were still so overwhelming that I couldn't hear or see people. It was a very different time then. .. Crazy how things change."

Iris paused for a moment before blinking and looking down at her canvas. Keeping her face out of sight for a moment or two.

"Oversharing. Yeah, this is for fun."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

Shadows can smile.

It was barely there. But it was there.

"Mm. I don't know," A cat like grin appearing as he screwed his face up in thought. Joy sprinkled the air around him. "This Shadow I would. I think."

His grin shifting to a smile before his attention drifted to the painting. Listening intently while following the trails of colors to the edges of the canvas until it seemed to blend with the garden around them. He'd of kept following those trails.

Until his eyes shifted to her at the pause.

A sharp drop in his smile at her words before it reformed again. He crouched down, doing the awkward shuffle forward until he could see the canvas from her angle.

"It is crazy how things change. I used to be the best tag player on my home planet. Made everyone mad. The adults were alarmed by a six year old outrunning fully grown guards when it was curfew." He indulged the oversharing, turning his head slightly as he glanced between painting and person.

"They still say using the Force is cheating though."

Last edited by a moderator:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris paused for a moment before blinking up at him.

".. So now you're telling a shadow you're a cheater, too? Aren't you trying to get back into the order?"

She grinned after a moment before just bursting out into a laugh. A lighthearted kind of sound as she just lifted up the canvas and it's swirl of colors on it. "I see the world change every day. The colors, they're never the same. Yours are changing all the time. Getting brighter now, too. .. It's good to see. How do you feel?"

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

Her blinking stare was met with a wide eyed, suddenly realized surprise. Broken when she laughed and got him laughing along with her. Quieting enough to listen as she lobbed a question his way.

He rubbed his chin against the bundle while he thought.

"Me? Hmm. Well. The light is still a nuiscance. But Kahlil is trying to help me with that. Mostly good." He poked a finger around the edge of the bundle robe, thoroughly scratching his chin as he nodded and wobbled in place.

His legs started to burn with effort.

"I'm glad I'm seeming to get brighter though. My charming personality can really start shining through then." The grin was a dumb one as he plopped down, sighing and looking back to his luggage.

"You seem to be in a chipper mood as well. Then again I can't blame you. Temple gardens were always a calming place to be." He nodded, letting his eyes wander around the garden for a while.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I'm glad I'm seeming to get brighter though. My charming personality can really start shining through then."

"That's terrible. You're terrible." She snorted, trying not to laugh any harder than she might've let out before she could damp it down. That didn't deserve the laugh she'd of given otherwise. Iris leaned back a little, now on her hands as she followed his gaze around the garden. It was nice here. That really wasn't why she was in a better mood, though.

"I'll have you know I'm always unnaturally chippy. You caught me on an off day." No, that wasn't true. But it made for better conversation in her mind. Her gaze fell onto the pack of art supplies she kept close, glancing it over curiously. Then back to him.

"You paint?"

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

"That's terrible. You're terrible."

He couldn't help the smirk that formed.

"Eh. Making others smile and laugh is my art. Worth it." He shrugged, wiggling in place to get comfy.

"We all have off days. Part of living." He remarked quietly, letting his fingers pick at one another while they spoke. His attention shifting to her when she spoke again.

"You paint?"

His brow rose, thinking back to many frustrating times of seeing something he wanted to capture on paper but never feeling happy with what he made.

"Me? No. Actual art was usually something usually I left to others. I'm fair decent at a lot of things but painting always brushed me off. I'd give it a shot though." He swayed a little sitting there, examining the scene around them.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Me? No. Actual art was usually something usually I left to others. I'm fair decent at a lot of things but painting always brushed me off. I'd give it a shot though."

She gave quite the incredulous look as he made yet another pun before letting out an actual soft laugh herself. Tried her best not to give that satisfaction, even though she did in fact laugh. Iris didn't linger on it though, instead reaching towards her pack to tug out another canvas, some more art supplies. Paint tubes, brushes, the like. She stacked it all up before handing the canvas his way.

"Just start painting before I change my mind. Your puns are terrible."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He smiled, enjoying the sound of her laugh as she pulled another canvas out and appropriate tools for his endeavor.

His mouth opening in faux hurt as she spoke.

"Mm. I guess the puns can chill for a bit." He made a show of his frown, making it plain he was playing and not actually hurt.

He sorted everything out, waffling on a brush before producing a tube of green and looked around them. The jubilant colors around him settling finally until a soft joy took their place.

He kept glancing sideways, looking here and there. The brush making strokes as he switched and blended colors, mulling for a long while on one part before sliding off to the next.

He stopped, brush mid way through its course as he listened to someone else approach, turning his head as the receptionist made herself known with a slight cough to clear her throat.

The grim colors about her likely bearing bad news as her frown seemed to focus on Tarish.

"No luck I take it?" He spun back around as the affirmation of his guess floated over.

"Alright. I'll figure something out I guess. Thank you though." The brush making a dangerous dance along his shoulder and streaking a color across the robe as he went back to painting.

A little streak of frustration in his air now.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Pouting huh? She might've actually taken it the wrong way, even as he tried to make it pretty obvious he was just messing around, if not for the obvious colors around him. Iris just rolled her eyes before looking back to her own canvas to lift up her brush and go about her own painting. Getting lost in the colors, letting herself enjoy the company in silence while just letting the colors influence her art.

Bits of his already crept into it, how he affected the usual steady the plants had. Then it changed further.

Lost in her world she hadn't noticed the other figure. Just the change in Tarish as he went back to his own art. She leaned up, glancing his way, then to the streak on his robe. Then to his canvas.

"What's up?"

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He had barely continued the movement when she asked him what was up. He blinked, lost for a second until the question actually clicked.

"Oh. Uh. Trying to find a place to stay. Seems everything is full up around the temple. Like apartments and such." He shrugged, a frown plastered on his face as he tried to figure out what to do.

"Been the better part of my day figuring out what to do." He let the frustration slide off, getting back to the painting with an easy brush stroke of a long stemmed plant ending in a purple flower.

"I'll have to scope around for something nearby I guess. Unless you know of some places." The colors around him settling once more. He hadn't noticed his robe just yet, even staring at what should have been a full stem that ended with a sputtering of color near the end.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Oh, that's all?"

She shook her head as she looked back towards her painting. That's all he was so worried about? Not having a place to stay? Grant it, they were probably avoiding letting him live anywhere in the Temple because of.. What he was. Oh. She blinked, now realizing just how difficult it probably was for him. Oh. She cleared her throat, slowly setting down her brush as she looked back his way. Gave an almost nervous smile.

"Er.. I mean. .. So I have an apartment. It's close to the temple. Hidden, mostly. My roommate's moved out and I'm rarely there. Has your own room n' such, so.. It's an offer, if ya want. Till you find your own place, anyway."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He seemed to shrink when she spoke.

The brush stroke veering off to the side as the whole canvas went slack in his grip. Oh, that's all?

Amusement flooded his system as he prepared to explain. Until she began to speak again. He had been righting himself when he blinked and turned to her. Face blank as she made an offer of her own home.

His mouth opened and closed twice before he found words.

"Are you sure you want to make that offer? I'm thankful. Like. Stupidly grateful. But I. Uh. That's your personal space. And I." He set the brush down, almost too quickly before realizing he would be painting his thigh and setting it on the ground beside him.

He didn't want to turn her down on the offer, but he had some details to work out.

"I will take you up on that, after some boundaries have been laid out. I won't stop looking, to make sure you can have your own space back. And I can leave if you have people over. Or just hide out. Or maybe hang out depending. I uh. I'm really thankful." The smile was equally nervous on his side, joy dominating most of his air with a streak of nerves tightly coiled inside.

"You. I mean. Your apartment. I won't change anything. And I can work out a way of uh. Like. Letting you know I'm around. Or something. Thank you. Really." He smiled, mind at ease with that squared away for the moment.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris just blinked in silence. Her oddly colored eyes just scanned his face, trying to make sense of his words, of the colors she was seeing around him. He was nervous. Embarrassed? Thankful for sure. But seeing him nervous had her all kinds of bewildered. Amani was one thing, but her, and an apartment? She reached up the brush in her hand, rather abruptly cutting him off midsentence with a streak of blue across his nose.

"I don't really live there. And you're Amani's family. You're always welcome to stay as long as you want or need. If you don't want to stay, that's fine. But you're never imposing. And it'll be just as much your space as it is mine. It's not like I'm paying for it." She grinned, probably a bit too wide for admitting she was basically a freeloader.

"The Jedi pay for a lot of stuff for us."

Tarish Galland

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

She painted his nose. Cutting him off as he blinked.

The situation disarmed itself, and he relaxed further. Amani's family. He breathed easier the more she spoke.

"Fair enough. I'll stay until I can find something more permanent then. Thank you." The tension easing out.

"Just a place to keep your stuff then. Where do you normally stay or does it just depend where you are with Jedi business?" He sidetracked the conversation to get a better idea of how often she was around.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He nodded as she spoke, leaning back and glancing to his own color pallete that he'd been making. A deep, emerald green stood out as he spoke.

"I won't be needing to sell stuff. But I appreciate it. Most I'll need to do is use some space for bui-" He paused, frowning.

"Ah feth, I have to make a new lightsaber." He shook his head and dabbed pointer finger in the emerald green. Holding it up between them with an approving nod before trying to dab it on Iris's nose.

"I'm as quiet as the dead so no worries about interrupting your sleep." Apparently the pun cooldown had come and gone as he grinned stupidly.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Bui- Build lightsabers? What, is that your hobby?"

The cut off to where he went left only one idea on what he was talking about making. She raised a brow. Not judgingly, curiously. She didn't spend too much time toying with her own lightsabers. The crystal was what was important to her.

This time, she either didn't notice the pun or really forced herself not to think on it. By the sad smile on her face as she looked back at her painting, it could very well be she didn't notice it at all.

"I've long learned how to sleep with worse things than sounds. You'll never bother me."

Tarish Galland

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom