Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suites: A Special Features Solution

Dear Shipwrights,

The recent discussion of too many links to review in Special Features got me thinking. Now, while a solid 75% of me wants to post sassy gifs, I had an idea that might benefit both customers and employees of the factory long term. This method would prevent arbitrary changes to the template and save the customer and employee time and effort.

I propose Suites.

No, I'm not referring to a fancy hotel room.

In this context, a Suite would be a single submission that culminates the 13-50 links dropped in the Special Features section. And, once judged for balance, a Factory Judge won't have to fret over reading the numerous links every submission. And you won't have to hyperlink anything more than your Suite and move on.

(and as a mobile poster to the factory, less links to post is very very nice.)

I think that this is a simple solution to a problem that is causing our Factory Judges stress. What do you guys think?

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
So, just to clarify - a suite would be a 'set' of guns and/or equipment?

i.e.

Mayhem Suite -
  • 60 x Gatling Guns
  • 60 x Turbolasers
  • 60 x Missile tubes (concussive missiles)
Sensory Suite -
  • 5 x Long Range Sensor
  • 5 x Heavy shield generators
etc. etc.?

Do me a favor could you please draft what you imagine a suite template may look like? I am open to the idea but I would also like a cap on how many submissions in a suite. Then how many suite packages do you expect each class may get? Is it affected by production? Just tossing a few things out there to think about.

The idea of suites is neat, but I imagine the more suites the less "special features" piecemeals one will get.

Suite

A Suite is an extrapolation of a group of non-combatant attachments. Most space-faring vessels possess the following Suites in some capacity: Navigational, Sensory, Life Support/Preservation, Encryption/Communication, Targeting, and Shielding. It is assumed that most space-faring vessels possess the aforementioned Suites at a level that is considered Standard.

A Standard Suite is just as implied. Vanilla. Made of components and features that can be found on any vessel of comparable size. For example, a Standard Sensory Suite would enable a GA Star Defender to detect objects at the same range as a FO Star Destroyer. As a Standard Suite does exactly what any vanilla system can, it will be allowed a total of 10 links to be incorporated into the submission. For example, if I had a burning desire to make a 100% Mandalorian made Sensory Suite, I could go into 10 Canon links' worth of detail about what it does. Furthermore, as it is Standard I can have this at Mass Production no problem.

An Advanced Suite is a cut above. These would possess powerful items meant to stand out and give vessels an edge. For this reason, a maximum of five links; Canon or Approved, can be incorporated into the submission. These Suites would have to be balanced, of course, and their productions would affect their abilities. For example, an Advanced Sensory Suite can detect twice as far as a Standard Sensory Suite. Minor Production tops for Advanced.

Lastly, we have Exotic Suites. This is where your "I've spent eight hours on Wookiepedia looking for obscure references to smite my enemies with." can be applied. No more than three links. Limited Production at absolute maximum. This is where your Crystal Gravfield Trap or .5 Hyperdrive would go.

Now with the addition of Suites comes a crackdown on Fluff. If you have a bunch of Canon links' that can be condensed into a Standard Suite or omitted because they're Canon you'll be told to do so. If you have more than 10 special features that can be considered standard, more than five that can be considered advanced, or more than three that can be considered exotic, you should be told to condense the list and make a Suite. Why? Because doing so enables you, the customer, to paste one link next submission. And it enables the next three Judges to look at only one link and not 50.

On a tech template it would look like:

SUITE INFORMATION
Quality: Standard, Advanced, or Exotic
Components:
-Links to Canon/Approved Subs go here

Strengths & Weaknesses
-The Usual. If Advanced or Exotic, each Link needs to be explained as a Strength & Weakness.

Description
-The Usual. If Advanced or Exotic, elaborate.

[member="Cira"], Thoughts?

[member="Jak Sandrow"], [member="Zahori Denko"]

We can do capital gun loadouts, this would be explicitly for non-combative attachments. Anything outside of that category should already, honestly, be listed in the strengths section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom