Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion: Rebellion Overhaul

[member="Zark"] Here you go buddy. I even included your suggested change.

The question was raised in a Faction Chat, and I've heard repeatedly that "Rebellions have lost their teeth" since the change to the map and the restriction on Rebellions that require them only to be done to the 3rd Dominion every month.

Some people have suggested that Dreadnoughts are an attempt to make Rebellions a thing again, but I doubt it as there have been a couple chances and no one has jumped on them, plus Flagship requirements had been reduced to like 10 posts making them super easy to get which defeated the purpose.

One suggestion was "Make them open to any Dominion but require a good IC Justification" but I can see some holes in that line of thinking. Either it adds work to RPJ's or its so easily worked around that its pointless requirement.

Given that there hasn't been one since the change I do believe there is room for improvement to Rebellions since they simply haven't taken place since their change, but I'm not certain that its necessary.

That said since they returned (along with the creation of Hex Dominions) they have always been up to the Major Faction. Used to the Major Faction had to choose to do a Tier 2 or 3 Dominion and now the Major Faction has to choose to complete three dominions in 30 days.

So lets see what the community can drum up as far as possible changes or if the community believes there should be.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
I think one of the reasons Rebellions aren't more popular is because there really aren't that many groups out there who could benefit from them. The whole instantly becoming a Major Faction thing is nice, but there are easier ways to do it than poking the nose of an already established faction who is about to be your next door neighbor. Unless you're really, really ready to fight a proper invasion soon after, it's just not smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom