Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Submitting base materials using Restricted items.

As seen in the factory, there was a recent use of materials such as Cortosis, Pyronium, and so on, being submitted as "weaves" with semi-unique production to be used in other submissions, as per the intent stated in the submissions, as base materials. This has been sort of a gray area until recently, wherein we (in other cases) asked for development in the first sub, but not in any other sub following (such as with a cloaking device subbed for a ship, generally we wouldn't ask for development on it for the ship as the device already had it). However, this has changed for submissions where the submission would be used in the "Materials" field of a submission and it utilizes a restricted material. An example can be noted with the Cortosis Weave submission, where - the fact that it was a canon material already aside - an added stipulation was made that all submissions which use it as a material must also complete the cortosis development thread.

Special Note:

*Obtaining this does not mean the restricted materials development for the restricted item is not needed. A substantial development thread using the material needs to be in the development thread or have a development thread for the item
From now on, if you come across another similar submission where a restricted material is being used to make a new material (let's say a coating next time), make sure the submitter places the above-quoted note in their submissions below the description.

If there are any questions in the future on this do not hesitate to ask.

(Here's the cortosis weave submission which triggered this)

[member="Ordo"] [member="Pixel"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Reshmar"] [member="Netherworld"] [member="Cira"] [member="Raziel"] [member="Spencer Varanin"]

So basically - they don't have to do the requirements, just a substantial development of whatever amount of posts?

No sacrificing, mining, etc?

Braith Achlys said:
[member="Pixel"]
Specifically involving the restricted material used. Unrelated dev added on for posts is a no.
So regardless, each additional submission for the submission rendered requires them to continue to follow the restriction guidelines? Their original submissions cannot be used as a means to say "Forget the rules." Am I right?

Pixel said:
So regardless, each additional submission for the submission rendered requires them to continue to follow the restriction guidelines? Their original submissions cannot be used as a means to say "Forget the rules." Am I right?
Forgot to answer this: It needs to be a development thread directly related to the restricted material. This means it needs to be similar/cover the same restrictions replaced on the restricted material.

Special Note:

*Obtaining the weave does not mean the restricted materials development for the Cortosis is not needed. A substantial mention/development thread using the material weave needs to be in the development thread or have a development thread for the item

Tagging current/new Factory Judges so everyone is on the same page. I should probably make a list of all of these things somewhere...

[member="Jorus Merrill"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Kira Vaal"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Pixel"] [member="Reshmar"] [member="Raziel"] @Cira

[member="Braith Achlys"]

My agreement when coming onboard was that I'd be judging from publicly posted standards only. If this new standard is publicly posted somewhere, can I have the link, please?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]
The rule about submissions requiring development when involving restricted materials can be found in the factory information subforum with the standards for development. The actual quote, and this post in general, was done at the request of [member="Spencer Varanin"] per the submission linked above in the original post.

I'll get a few links for you asap when I am fully capable of doing so, if there's any other information you need let me know.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Here is our standards for development
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/49109-standardization-of-dev-threads/

The submission I was quoting from above is the source for the note. If you have a suggestion for better wording or a more visible place for it, please let myself or Spencer know.

Right now we have another discussion (linking below because I'm on mobile) in order to reorganize the templates in line with [member="Raziel"]'s updated starship template, started by [member="Cira"], which would include notices like this. If you have some insight in regards to that, it is more than welcome. You can respond to that thread with suggestions pertaining to your concerns and we can address them asap.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/80204-factory-templates-vehicles-and-tech/

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Yeah, what I'm saying is that this particular reinterpretation of the standard needs to be included in that standardized dev thread list, or the restricted materials list, or somewhere else that's publicly available and clearly marked, rather than buried in a single sub's judgment. Once that happens, I'll be able to judge from it.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Thank you. I'll make sure we expedite the template proposal stuff as quickly as possible then, the idea is to have information like this posted right above the templates. :)

[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Just tagging you to let you know it made its way into the template (I believe it was 2 days ago)

Tagging tributes for their awareness (though this is available via templates in the Technology factory now)
[member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Zef Halo"] [member="Zephyr Carrick"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom