Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stygium crystals

Before the thread begins, I would like to preface it by saying that I intend to use it to equip a cloaking device to be mounted on MIRV-based long-range assault concussion missiles, as suggested by [member="Valiens Nantaris"] in another Factory discussion thread. I would like the thread to get to 30 posts, more is appreciated.

Now I would like someone to help me mine stygium crystals. It will have to be on Maramere.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
wait wait wait... so you are going to make cloaking devices for missiles.... something that will be destroyed in the process.

why not just make missile boats that are cloaked and can get a sneak attack of missiles. You don't need to make dozens of small cloaks

[member="Matsu Ike"] If the missiles are cloaked upon launch then their survival rate will increase. It won't be perfect, I know, but better than nothing.

The trick is that Ringovinda Systems does not have the IC expertise to build large-scale cloaking devices that could fit on missile boats.

Having read the thread referenced, I was under the impression that he was being more than slightly sarcastic. also you would have to keep getting more stygium to produce more than a single batch of the missiles. one dev thread wouldn't net enough for that to be a profitable endeavor, or even a sensible one.

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] The trick is that I do not expect heavy usage since 1: the launchers can be fitted on heavy cruisers and larger ships only, 2: fleeting involving such large ships is rather uncommon and 3: minor production means roughly 30-40 posts or so. But I wonder how many missiles would minor production mean when you're talking about ICBM-sized missiles.

Anyhow, if you do not have a Techno Empire character, PM me first before joining the IC thread: Project Volkswagen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom