Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Sturm und Drang

"Had to make sure you were outta there," Amani managed a strained chuckle. Her entire torso was sore from the impact, and it still felt like she was trying to get back the wind that was knocked out of her.

At first she accepted the warmth of Alicio's healing, instinctively taking comfort in the relief. "I've been through worse," A smirk. But then she reached up with a groan, bumping her hand against his chest, "Stoooop. I'll live, okay? At least one of us should be at full strength." Amani gestured with her head back towards the onlooking siblings. They still needed to get out of here. Which reminded her…

"The thugs- Are they-" She suddenly lurched up, wincing as she did, "Gone?" Seemingly so. Hopefully that would be the last, but Amani didn't want to take any chances by wasting time, "Help me up. Let's get going."

Alicio couldn't keep his frown from collapsing as Amani continued to speak. Finally, at her protestations, Alicio stemmed the flow of energy between them, letting the pressure disperse, and breathing a bit hard, taking a moment to brush a few stray hairs behind her ear. "Fine. Just... don't do that again. My heart can't take it."

Alicio tried to project some sense of calm to the Mirialan as she bolted up straight. "They're gone. No doubt to harry us later, I assume." With ginger movements, Alicio slung Amani's arm around his shoulders, and slowly lifted her to her feet, acting as a support for as long as she needed him.

Jo tried to hide her relief with 'tough guy' indifference. "You two are adorable," she said sarcastically. "Now, if you're done dying, can we get moving?"

Still, her impressed, almost awe-filled glance around at the wreckage left behind in the battle was all-too-obvious to Alicio, as the group began walking towards the port once more.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"I'll try," The Jedi smiled, briefly pinching the Count's chin. The thugs were gone, at least. Or rather, for the time being, they were, "Figures. Just don't know when to quit." Then again, neither did she. Amani let Alicio lift her up, only to wince again, "A-ah!" She squeaked harshly as pain rang through her side. The healer hissed through her teeth, gently touching her free hand to the opposite side, "D-Damn. Probably bruised ribs… or broken." It was hard to say for certain in the moment, but her hit against the edge of the dumpster had been rather nasty.

Amani looked to Jo, still managing to find a smirk through the pain, "Gladly. We need to get out of here." She raised a weak hand, and the haft of her saber came flying back into her grip. Wouldn't want to leave it behind, definitely not if they ran into more criminals. Together they kept walking, with Amani using her boyfriend as a support for the time being. If something came up, they'd work around it, but she was glad to have the assistance for as long as possible.

As they continued, eventually the young boy slinked up beside them, watching in silence before building up the confidence to voice his curiosity, "...Are you a Jedi, too?" Jaze looked expectantly at Alicio. Amani just smiled softly, and did the same.

Alicio glanced at Amani with concern, hearing her sudden cry of pain. "Alright. Let's take it easy," he mumbled, careful not to jostle her side too much as they walked. It was difficult to restrain himself from giving her more healing, but he knew he couldn't do much if her ribs were bruised, much less broken.

He was getting better at Force Healing, but not that much better.

After a brief pause to collect his hat from the ground, their little rescue mission continued. Alicio was more careful to break sightlines and take back alleys when they could, to keep from being spotted from the air again. Either the Ninety-Niners will have decided the Velascos weren't worth the effort, or will commit fully to their sunk cost. It was hard to gauge.

Alicio turned a curious eye to Jaze at the boy's quiet question. The Count smiled warmly, glancing briefly at Amani before responding. "Well... no, not really. But I don't blame you for thinking that. What with the laser-sword and all." It was time for him to show a little trust. "I'm a senator."

"So... basically a Corpo." Jo didn't bother hiding her displeasure at this new information. "Selling votes for 'campaign donations', letting the upper crust walk all over us gutter trash, while you live it up large at the capital." Velasco reconsidered her words, her thoughtful face a resting snarl. "Well... maybe not you. You seem okay, Pretty Boy."

"Um... Thank you. I think." Alicio managed a grin.

Velasco breezed past the pair of them, speaking just a bit too loudly into Amani's ear. "But you could do better." She winked.

Amani let the others take the lead, having little options besides keeping to Alicio's side as they moved. She did her part by keeping her head on a swivel, looking out for any signs of new or returning trouble.

Jaze seemed conflicted between Alicio's and Jo's different answers. Though as the latter seemed to show at least a bit of acceptance for this particular politican, he inquired further, "So… how come you have a laser sword? What do senators do?" His innocent tone indicated that he was beginning to believe all senators carried them.

Then as Jo leaned over in Amani's ear, the mirialan scoffed a quiet laugh, wincing a bit as it hurt her ribs, "Honestly I'm… not sure I can…" She smiled back at Alicio, who was nothing short of the best thing in her life. Who could possibly seem more perfect to her?

That smile quickly faded though, as the revving of engines echoed throughout the streets, coming their way, "Great…" Amani mumbled, before flicking her gaze to the nearby alley, "We should… hide," She grunted through another wave of pain. If need be, she would do her best to fight. But maybe it was best to not at all, if they could help it.

Alicio suppressed a chuckle at Jaze's response. "Mostly, senators talk. We meet on Coruscant, debate laws, and try to figure out how best to protect the people of the Alliance. We've done a bad job of it on Denon." Alicio frowned. "I'm trying to fix that."

"Senators don't usually use lightsabers, I'm... a little more Jedi than most."
Not all. The newest chancellor was a former Jedi. Maybe Jedi-adjacent representation was the new thing.

Jo smiled at Amani in resignation, shrugging her shoulders. "If you say so," she said. finding her way back to Jaze. Alicio had to keep himself from kissing Amani's cheek then, the sudden movement having the chance to jostle her side. But he looked at her with so much gratitude.

He felt the exact same way.

Alicio also picked up on the sound of engines, and frowned in sudden concentration. "Sorry for this," he muttered in preparation, before speeding up their pace to the lip of the alleyway, pressing both of their backs into the side of a building.

Jo followed quickly, holding Jaze's hand, and whispering a quiet "Stay down, bud"

They all waited with bated breath, hoping whoever was coming would pass them by.

Jaze stared blankly for a few long moments, absorbing the Count's explanation as best he could, before finally, "...Sounds kinda boring," He admitted. Frankly it was impressive that senatorial duties had managed to evoke a ten year old's curiosity for as long as they had (even if part of it was just the lightsaber). Even still, after a few more beats passed, Jaze added, more genuinely, "...Thanks for trying to help, though." As rough as things were, he hadn't lost that childlike optimism yet. Maybe they could keep it intact.

Jo walked ahead after their little exchange, leaving the two lovebirds to stare into each other's eyes for a few long moments. What Alicio was too nervous to do, Amani did anyway, carefully pulling herself up to kiss his cheek, "Ow," She still muttered as she came back down, smiling all the same.

Quiet moments simply weren't allowed to last on Denon, though, as they were forced to pick up the pace when the sound of engines neared. Amani braced herself, nodding firmly in acknowledgement as Alicio picked up the pace, and grimacing throughout the process as her pain flared up. They all pinned themselves against the wall, waiting as the mechanical growls had undoubtedly pulled into the street next to them.

"Check the alleys! Can't have these ones sneaking away again."

Amani gasped nervously, and began looking around. She pointed behind them, "T-the dumpster. Get behind it," The mirialan whispered harshly, ushering Jo and Jaze to head there first, before practically being the one to pull Alicio along now. The last dumpster had done her dirty, maybe this one would make up for it. Once they had sat down behind the bit of extra cover, they were forced to wait again, as a bike seemed to stop in front of the alley. Then, a pair of headlights poured into it, and the slow revving moved closer.

Amani forced a hand over her mouth, lest her ragged breathing give away their presence. Still the sound grew louder, and closer, until the front outrigging of the speeder bike slowly pulled up in front of them, and sat there. Jaze curled up against his sister tightly, practically folding in on himself, while the healer turned rigid. Her chest burned, hitching in search of oxygen, and in turn making the pain in her ribs ignite even further. Her hand searched for Alicio's, gripping it tightly as a source of strength, whimpering as the lack of breath nearly back too much-

"Man, feth this. The hell are we doin'?" This thug muttered to himself. Amani blinked. His bike then slowly backed out of the alley, his line of sight never having made it past the dumpster.

"Find anything?"

"'Course I didn't find anything! I'm tellin' ya they already bugged out. It's a waste of time."

The sound of engines faded from the street, and Amani finally took a big gulp of air, coughing and recoiling from the pain it caused in return, "...That sucked."

Last edited:

"I wish it was boring," the Senator said, flashing a knowing grin. Then again, if it was easy work, he probably wouldn't be doing it. "And I don't need thanks. Only a lot of luck. But... you're welcome."

Of course, he was quickly distracted by Amani, who dared to do what he didn't, bringing herself up to kiss his cheek. Her small admission of pain afterward made him laugh a little, both in sympathy and pure joy.

A second of sweetly losing themselves, a moment killed by the sounds of engines.

The four of them hit the wall, and Alicio looked over Amani, ensuring she was safe. The gruff voice, followed by his girlfriend's suggestion, prompted them to take cover behind a dumpster. Jo wrapped an arm around her little brother, holding up her blaster rifle, brown eyes smoldering like burning cinders.

One of Alicio's hand found Amani's, squeezing it comfortingly as she struggled to remain quiet. His other hand found Introspect, gripping it with a different intensity.

Ferocious was not a word often used to describe Alicio, but if he had to defend the Velascos, and Amani, he would do it ferociously.

Thankfully, he didn't have to. The thug's impatience saved them from an altercation, and the Ninety-Niners went on their not-so-merry way. Alicio tended to Amani as she hacked in air, giving her a moment before holding the side of her head with a caring hand. "It did," he agreed, allowing himself to dive into her eyes for only a moment. "We're almost there."

"Spaceport's just a few more blocks," Velasco added, shooting them all a confident grin, as Alicio helped Amani to her feet. "You got this, badass."

Amani nodded, and through her eyes, exchanged a bit of silent gratitude for his support, before taking just a moment to lean on his shoulder. It was immensely frustrating for her to feel like a liability, especially given just how much it risked setting them back. If push came to shove, she would fight, but it wouldn't be at her fullest. And it would hurt like hell.

The Jedi returned to her feet again, with Alicio's help, grunting through the pain and doing her best to let optimism shine through. They only had a little more ways to go, and they would be free. She offered Jo a faint smile, as well as Jaze, who returned one in kind. It would be counterproductive to say so aloud, but they could only hope Velasco's information was worth the effort.

Hope. She reminded herself. And trust. That's what this was all about.

"What do you say we take a bit of a break once all this mess is sorted out, huh?" Amani looked at Alcio with a weak, lopsided grin, "Do something a little less… exciting." A strained chuckle.

Alicio propped up Amani, wrapping her arm around his neck to keep her up. He turned his head down to look at her as she spoke, laughing quietly as she did.

"Happily. No more Denon adventures for... a few days, at least." Alicio began to gently guide them forward again, Jo holding tightly onto Jaze's hand behind them. "I hear Mirial is lovely this time of year. Though, less gang violence to look forward to."

He had to believe they would make it to Mirial. That they wouldn't die here. He had to keep that hope alive. As long as they did, there was a chance.

"I know you're not from Mirial," Alicio said, trying to keep the tone conversational, despite the dour mood, "But I'm excited to learn more about Mirialan culture. Picked out a good coat for the day, too." She could probably guess the color.

Glancing around, Alicio smiled hopefully. "One more block, Amani. One more block."

So, of course, the Ninety-Niners took that moment to walk around a corner. Two common gangsters, flanking an old man, a greying mane accentuating surprisingly kind features. The wicked phrik vibrosword in his hands, however, was anything but kind.

Jo snarled, brandishing her rifle, but the fear behind her eyes was obvious. "Holt. Ninety-Niner boss," she whispered, frowning. "If he dies, the gang tears itself apart." Jo seemed to say that like a good thing, but Alicio wasn't so sure.

"Thought you might be headed here, kiddos," the older man said, distressingly calm, despite the murderous looks of the thugs to his sides. "After being so rude to your people, of course you'd beeline to the nearest port."

The man turned to Amani and Alicio. "Hand 'em over, and we'll let you walk. And if you're nice, we'll throw in a bacta patch for free."

"A week," Amani haggled with a smirk. Her eyes turned a little more vibrant at the mention of Mirial, and his quip received a careful, raspy chuckle, "And no jokes until my ribs stop hurting."

"My parents made sure I was ingrained in a lot of their practices. But even then- It was pretty obvious I wasn't a native-born the first time around,"
She replied, keeping the small talk going for peace of mind, "Maybe I should teach you some Mirialan words and phrases on the way?" Where the Serys' came from, there was more indigenous speaking than Basic. They could still get by with some broken conversation, but what better to way to show mutual respect than for the human outsider to put in some effort of his own?

One more block. Amani seemed to relax at the thought, but they naturally weren't so lucky as to make that final block unimpeded. A trio of Ninety-Niners, including one who was unmistakably a figure of power, rounded the corner. The Jedi's grip on her staff tightened, and she began to fidget as much as her current state would allow. Holt's demeanor was unnerving in how calm it was, making him even more intimidating than the less refined composure of his lackeys. And as he turned to her and Alicio, there was a pregnant pause. But the answer was never really in question.

"…Sorry," The mirialan finally said, her gaze flicking to the Velascos momentarily, before settling back on Holt with conviction, "But that's not happening," She pushed herself off of Alicio, unable to hide a wince as she did. Amani widened her footing for stability, and ignited the white beam of her saber, "I'll offer you the same courtesy. Walk away now, and nobody has to get hurt." By the looks of them, she wasn't exactly expecting a peaceful departure. Still, the Jedi in her had to try. Deep down, though? She would be happy to teach them a lesson.

Amani barred her saber pike in front of her, clasping it with both hands now. She took a deep breath, and readied herself for the worst.

"Deal," the Alderaanian said, casting a wry smile to Amani, nodding as she suggested he learned some simple phrases in preparation for their holiday. After the day they were having, a week without putting himself in mortal danger sounded lovely.

Speaking of mortal danger...

Alicio felt as Amani pushed away from him, moving to stand on her own as she challenged the Ninety-Niner boss. Alicio adjusted his hat down to shade his eyes more, the harsher lights around the spaceport doing an excellent job casting violent shadows across his face. He watched Holt with a curious sort of sadness.

In a way, it was these people he wanted to help. Criminals, who knew no other way to survive but to hurt others. He wanted to create an environment where they could do what they truly wanted. Surely, they didn't enjoy the suffering of others.

But as much as he felt for them, he would hurt them to bring about that future, if he had to. He would hurt them to protect his love, if he had to. It was a dark, fierce protectiveness that filled him as he ignited Introspect, letting the blue and black blade nearly touch the ground.

The gangsters brought their rifles to their shoulders, and Holt simply shrugged. "I appreciate your warning," he said warmly. He gave them all a kind smile.

"Kill 'em."

The first shots came not from the Ninety-Niners, but Jo, who sent a volley of blaster bolts between Amani and Alicio, straight for the boss. The lines of red skipped off of a previously-undetected personal shield generator, scattering off to the side. The gangsters were quick to respond with their own fire, innaccurate as they scrambled for cover. Alicio launched into a Soresu flourish, trying his best to shield Amani with his twirling blade.

Holt stepped forward calmly, and crashed his vibroblade into Alicio's lightsaber, knocking it easily to the side. He was much stronger than he looked, as he backhanded Alicio across the face, sending him reeling away, then turned to chop into Amani's guard with brutish precision.

Amani scowled, unsurprised but nonetheless frustrated. A sudden barrage of blaster bolts rang out from behind them, perhaps dispatching the threat entirely in another timeline, but here there was no such luck. The rest began to scatter, though not without slinging shots of their own. It was a good thing Alicio was quick to act, because Amani would not have been likely to avoid them all in this state.

Even that, though, wasn't enough, as Holt made a display out of his hidden strength, knocking away both Alicio and his weapon. The crime lord then moved on to Amani, making her reinforce her guard against the heavy strike. His blade struck against her staff with a metallic clang, the impact reverberating through her hands and eventually her injured flank. She responded with a swipe of her blade towards his cheek, fast, though not as fast as she'd like, "You don't touch him," The Jedi snarled and repositioned, taking a step back to maintain the reach advantage of her pike, poking and prodding for weaknesses in his defense.

Jaze ran into one of the nearby alleys for safety, nervously watching the events unfold as best he could. Meanwhile, one of the thugs had moved to reposition; An internet to outmaneuver by slinking around one of the buildings and to their rear, setting him on a direct course with the hidden child.

Alicio stumbled back, his head reeling from the blow across his cheek. He had to spin away, scooping Introspect up from where it had fallen on the ground and igniting it with a vengeance.

Meanwhile, Holt looked down with a grandfatherly pity at the wounded Jedi, pushing into her guard, only forced to back off to narrowly avoid a slash of white to his cheek. Amani's lightsaber skipped against his protective bubble, turning his outline orange for a moment, before it returned to a healthy blue color as the shields refreshed. He chuckled. "Temper, temper," Holt chided, clicking his tongue disapprovingly, as he began to trade blows.

Alicio took the opportunity to close the distance again. They had the man surrounded, and it began to show as they poked holes in his defenses. Frustratingly, any small cuts or stabs they would have scored were turned aside by his shields, which were beginning to wobble and destabilize. Alicio was able to dodge around his counterattacks, if only barely, thankful for all the extra training he'd been putting in.

All they needed was one clean hit.

"Strength is the name of the game on Denon," said the old man, apparently still unflappably confident. "And you are weak!" Holt sent a steel-toed boot towards Amani's midsection.

Meanwhile, as the guard stepped into the alley, the other Velasco followed behind quietly, until breaking her stealth with a murderous yell, and leaping on the man's back in an attempt to throw him to the ground, putting the thug's neck in range of Jo's stomp.

"Temper, temper,"

Amani just scowled at Holt, now taking the fight far more personally. But the stalemate soon turned to advantage as Alicio sprang back into the fight, forcing their opponent onto the back foot. His defense was slowly breaking down from repeated strikes, but not without a few counters thrown in, keeping the Jedi and the Count from getting too comfortable. In peak condition, Amani would have felt much more confident in their success, but the pain in her torso hampered every movement she could make. So when she whiffed on a wide sweep, she didn't have enough speed to bring the staff back into a defensive posture in time.

"And you are weak!"

There was an explosive shock that ruptured across Amani's chest, and an internal crack that only she could hear. Breath was ripped from her lungs, and her muscles contracted reflexively, making the Jedi double over on her knees almost as soon as Holt's boot made contact. The saber dropped, and she clutched over the source of searing pain in her ribs. Any effort at speaking, let alone counteracting, was unattainable.

From around the alley, a thug had taken the long route to catch them by surprise, and found a surprise of his own in the form of Jaze none the wiser to his approach, still nervously watching the action unfolding on the street. The thug readied his weapon, whether to take the boy hostage or outright shoot him was never made clear, as Jo got the drop on him first. He spun around and yelled back, but could mount no defense before she had already thrown him down. That commotion was enough to get Jaze to spin around, though he did little more than watch in frozen fear.

Last edited:

Alicio wasn't the kind to anger easily.

But watching the older gangster plant his foot into Amani's torso, able to do nothing as she crumpled in on herself, Alicio felt his usually cold, introspective demeanor kindle and burn with an unforeseen rage. The Force shifted around him, the usual weight on his shoulders rippling with retributive power.

Holt was quick to turn around, flashing a kind grin. "You should look away for this next part."

"Fuck you," he swore. Alicio never swore.

The Count practically glided forward, blade flashing in a wide side-sweep. Holt held out his blade to block, but Alicio was prepared, and deadly focused. He used the Force to change the angle of his swing, breaking past the old man's personal shield, and cleaving off his hand. The boss recoiled in pain, unable to recover in time as Alicio...

Couldn’t you have aimed for the head?

...stopped his blade inches from Holt's heart. Hesitated.

Long enough for the man to clock him upside the head with his intact hand. Alicio fell backward, falling to the ground, as Holt pried his sword from his own dead fingers, now obviously irked.

"I thought you were gonna do it," the man said, stepping on Alicio's leg. The Count hissed in sudden pain. "But you're both weak. Heh, if it's any consolation to you," he spat, leaning in close. "The Velascos will remember both of you for as long as they live."

Jo stomped down on the thug's neck, kicking him in the head afterward for good measure. She looked to Jaze, worry in her eyes. "You okay?"

But they had all forgotten there was another Ninety-Niner. A blaster bolt tore through her chest, and she fell. Alive, but barely.

Hope was quickly dwindling.

The only sound Amani mustered was a whimper. All of the anger rippling through the Force, emanating off of Alicio, it was a sensation she found no enjoyment in experiencing. It risked darkness, if pushed too far. Would she have been any different? It was hard to say, but given how things had gone up to this point, she wouldn't have ruled it out.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the man's hand hit the ground, and the Jedi managed to pull her gaze up enough to see Alicio go for the coup de grace, only to stop. The breath she pulled back in, was let out once more in a sigh of relief.

Then Holt struck back. He refused to let up, turning Alicio's mercy against him. Just as Ishani had done. And that made Amani boil with anger of her own. It was as if she let instinct take over, and in that moment the Jedi surged upward, through the burning pain, and thrust her saber into the man's chest.

There was a pregnant pause, and even Amani blinked, as if taken aback by the last few seconds. By what she had done. She slowly looked between the saber, and Holt, and then Alicio. Upon seeing the latter, her brows furrowed once more. She doubled down, and simply ripped the saber out to dangle at her side. Holt was given no departing exchange, no snappy one-liners, just a grim stare. Amani then turned back to Alicio, uncaring of whatever came of their enemy, "You okay?"

There was even less time to dwell on that though, as they then heard a sharp, "NO!" Out from the entrance of the alley, the final thug was holding Jaze hostage, a blaster pinned to the child's head, with his sister laying in critical condition on the ground. "Let. Him. Go." Amani said with a quiet calm that was laced with underlying impatience, "This fight is over. There's nothing here for you."

Last edited:

Holt died before he could even hit the ground.

One moment, he was leering over Alicio, ready to plunge his vibroblade into the nobleman's head, the next, he wobbled on his feet a hole in his chest. His dead, kind eyes stared at him a moment longer, before falling into a heap to the side.

Alicio was frozen for a moment, before quickly shaking himself out of his shock. He stood up, shooting Amani a look of gratitude. Muted, pained, traumatized gratitude, but gratitude nonetheless. At her question, he just nodded quietly, feeling the slightest pinpricks of moisture on his eyes. "Thank you."

There was one, final obstacle.

The last enemy had Jaze.

Alicio felt some of that protective, selfless rage return as he saw what had happened to the Velascos. The Alderaanian stood as tall as he could, now favoring a leg, his lightsaber held up defensively.

"This fight is over. There's nothing here for you."

The criminal seemed conflicted, as he labored over what to do. The seconds dragged on, and Alicio couldn't help but hold his breath, and continue to be ready to move. He wanted to say something, anything to help, but his words caught in his throat.

Finally, the thug seemed to push the child forward, and dash into the alleyway, escaping into the duracrete jungle of Denon.

Wasting no time, Alicio hobbled forward towards Jo, kneeling on the ground, and transferring as much healing as he could. More than he should've. "Don't worry, you're going to be fine," the Count commanded. Jo only responded with a groan of pain.

"Amani! Can we... move her?" His head swam with a sudden bout of fatigue. They were all running on fumes.

Amani just looked at him. Some muted, internal conflict playing out across sealed lips. Killing was rare for her. But it was also solemnly expected of Jedi in defense of the innocent. Perhaps there was a way to have beaten him without resorting to a death blow, but in the heat of the moment she was unable to see it. Nor would she have dared to risk it, knowing the cost. Regretful introspection would come later. Now, she had to return her focus on the present, and did so with a single nod before helping Alicio up.

Their standoff with the final thug was, thankfully, short-lived. With his allies dead, his leader dead, anything other than leaving would have been a lost cause. Almost immediately they surged forward to meet the Velascos, with Amani wheezing thanks to her now undoubtedly broken rib. Knowing the lengths Alicio would go to, she almost butted in, applying her much more potent healing capabilities to try and restore what she could of Jo's vitality. Jaze leaned in, "I-Is she okay?"

"She… will be…"
Amani tried to assure. From her face it looked as if each word had to be forced out. And to prevent herself from having to do it more, she just nodded again when Alicio suggested moving Jo. They would need to at some point anyway, if they were going to get out of here. She reached down to help move the woman along, unable to hide a pained whine as she strained herself.

Just one more block.

The more experienced healer among the pair was quick to take over. Velasco, who had be fighting to swallow air, began to breathe a bit easier. In that short time, Alicio found his way next to Jaze, and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. Amani's the best of the best," he comforted, continuing to be a kind, looming presence.

"I... don't need to be moved," Jo finally, weakly, protested, trying and failing to sit up. "I can... ow... move my own damn self."

Still she accepted Amani's help in getting up, and swayed on her feet a little, but compared to how Amani was doing, she was peachy. Once on her feet, she gave Jaze a toothy smile. "Hey, bud. Sorry I scared ya."

Alicio returned to Amani's side, holding her up as he did before, eagerly mantling her arm around his shoulders. "You are incredible," Alicio mumbled lovingly, letting his admiration for his girlfriend be known. Even with her ribs cracked or broken, she still fought as hard as him. She was still able to heal Jo. He wouldn't have had a chance of doing any of this without her.

It was a short, but painful walk, as the quartet crossed the final block, escaping into the relative safety of the spaceport, and entering Amani's Corellian 1500. With hasted footsteps, Alicio led Amani to her bed, helping her lie down. "I'll be back," he said, pressing a kiss against her forehead, before practically jogging to the cockpit.

With unpracticed hands, Alicio brought the ship into the air, escaping the ground of Denon, and finally, jumping into the blissful safety of hyperspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom