Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid URL4SHORT -.-

• Short Description: Redirected to some scam-page talking about viruses
  • Browser: Internet Explorer, assumedly the most recent one -- I'm on a school computer
  • Severity: N/A
  • Description: I was writing out the bio for one of my characters, Yawei Ike, and, being lazy, I decided to just use Bing in order to find the planet Crina (which would be her homeworld). However, the moment I click on the link for the planet submission, it redirects me to this page whose webpage said "URL4SHORT". I didn't read the rest of it, but I knew there were many people on this site who had problems with a URL4SHORT thing. Thing is, I wasn't able to exit out because of this pop-up that said something about "harmfull viruses" (if I wasn't tipped off by the URL4SHORT that this was a scam, then it most certainly would have been the typos of the popup -- it's spelled "harmful"). This happened before, but I simply assumed it was a one-time thing. Not so, apparently.
  • Screenshots: N/A - I have no idea how to take one
  • Link to Thread: N/A

I haven't had this issue, but I have some input. I wound up with this sort of thing a lot till I got an anti virus program. That and I dunno what caused me to get those issues when I didn't use google or bing. Just some input here.

This issue has been a thorn in our side for some time now, unfortunately. Staff's doing their best to try and isolate the problem, but in the meantime the best we can do is keep recaching the site to keep the problem from "settling down", so to speak.

Thank you all for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom