Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stupid thought, but kinda amusing question I suppose

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
Okay so a xenophobe would be like, most of the sith empire in SWTOR. You know, aliens are worthless and best kept under our iron boot.

But would a character who adores non-humans to an extreme degree, over humans even, be a xenophile? Is that even really a thing?

Or well, you know. Any species not their own i suppose. Not neccisarily human. Anyways that was my caffiene thought of the day, have fun~

[member="SilentVex"]

Xenophile is a word yes, so you are good there. And basically as you described them, one who values the company of foreign species(in terms of Star Wars at least), more so than their own. For people who exhibit such traits, they usually feel that they can relate to those other species more than they can relate to their own. Sometimes it manifests as being very species-centric in that the affected is highly focused on making friends or acquaintances of any variety of a specific species outside of the own, sometimes to the complete exclusion of having other companions.

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] See this was just supposed to be me making kinda crappy jokes hyped up on caffeine. But now I've learned something.

I'm not complaining really. Sounds like a useful word.

[member="SilentVex"]

I only have this one picture to reply to your thought with. I hope you make the correct connection.

500px-Kelly_ME2_boxshot.png

Though if you think about it, humans are aliens to someone else... so in the terms of star wars isn't the term 'Alien' a bit off depending on who's speaking? Or even if a human is on Ryloth calling Twi'Leks aliens, aren't the humans infact Aliens since The Twi'Leks are native?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom