Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seTcxoM.png
Location 1: Byss, Desolation Lake, Icy Maiden Pub
The Icy Maiden Pub on Byss is the antiquated home of a group of conspirators within the Imperial Confederated Systems called the "Loyalist Coalition" these men and women are dedicated to clandestinely tipping the balance of power within the Imperial Parliament away from the so-called "Purists" as led by Commissar-General Yuri Orlov who wish a return to Militant Stratocracy towards the Imperial National Peoples Party's more noble and less violently fascist or militant Moderate and Liberal Factions. Among the Loyalist Coalition's members is the Party's Chief Whip and the Minister of Foreign Affairs who quietly frequent the pub to meet with their agents, even the High Chancellor himself is known to meet with the small band of patriots on occasion and offer moral support. Will you join the Loyalist Coalition in it's quest to protect the Confederation from Orlov and his Purist warmongering fanatics?
qRtz3f2.png
Location 2: Alderaan, Sanctuary Coast, Verdant Rainforest
As a newly annexed world into the Imperial Confederated Systems Alderaan the shining jewel has been required to adopt the Unitary Government's Constitution, among its' stipulations is a prohibition on the practice of slavery. The Imperial Security Bureau's Director Hali Saro has received intelligence from a source suggesting that a dreaded and notorious Umbaran Crime Organisation is seeking to purchase a shipment of captive Humans and Chiss as slaves from a cell of Communist Revolutionaries belonging to the "Winter Revolution" from Nyeon. A Joint Special Operations Task-Force consisting of Imperial Stormtrooper Corps ARC Troopers, Army Commandos and Imperial Security Bureau Agents have been dispatched to rescue the Citizens with assistance from a pair of Wookie Officers loyal to local Alderaan Law Enforcement who know the jungles well and are the better hunters. Trek through the Verdant Rainforest and rescue those beleaguered Citizens.
fCmpjiO.png
Location 3: Coruscant, Level 5127, Federal District, Imperial Senate
The centerpiece of Coruscant's Federal District is a vaguely mushroom-shaped building where the bicameral Imperial Parliament which includes the Assembly and Senate, it is from here that the Imperial Confederated Systems' laws are drafted, voted upon and ratified by the Executive. Though it is a One-Party state each "Colony" Within the Government is permitted representation although their ability to vote independently is curtailed heavily by the ruling Party's authoritarian structure, policy and character. The Senate Building has offices where Cabinet Ministers reside and is ferociously protected by the Coruscant Security Force and Imperial Security Bureau who are ever vigilant for threats to the building's security.
Chaarcter Tags: [member="Adaska Raythe"], [member="Kyli Graf"], [member="Tanomas Graf"], [member="Druwor"], [member="Theodore Royce-Clarke"], [member="Varian Alaric"], [member="CC-239"], @Tariq Hejazi, [member="Illyria Syresh"], [member="Adamos Kaiser"], [member="Cedric Wulfe"], [member="Vilaz Munin"], [member="Rasvas Tevlan"], [member="Nika Satari"], [member="Veena Reshma"], [member="Marriskcal Lati"], [member="Lannik Hayes"], [member="DT-2319"]

Captain Marriskcal Lati - Du Couteau,
Commissariat for State Security & Force-Related Affairs

Equipment: Uniform (Made of Shell Spider Silk), Precision Carbine, Lightsabre x2 (Azure & Cyan), and Throwing Knives
Location: Hidden Alcove within the Grand Convocation Chamber, Imperial Senate Building, Galactic City, Coruscant
Interacting with: None

lpRayG4.png

The sonorous voice of the speaker reverberated throughout the immense chamber, his timbre tempered to invoke sympathy from his fellow senators and representatives.

Observing the session from her perch at the zenith of the imposing building was one Marriskcal Lati. It was a discreet alcove that was known to a rare few, for it allowed them a clear and encompassing view from above, where one could survey the proceedings while remaining shrouded by both pillars and shadows. Eyes of brilliant blue surveilled her dominion, cast low to gaze upon the cascade of repulsorpods down below.

A veritable pit of ferroworms.

These days, the young lady called Imperial Palace, and by extension, the Imperial Senate as her haunts. And while the structure of ferrocrete and durasteel was very different from the weathered exterior of the Bastion on Virgillia, or the bloodstone fortifications of the Academy on Skye, Marriskcal found that she has become accustomed to meandering through hallways of understated luxury and past its eclectic… inhabitants.

She only held silent contempt for them.

For the blonde could sense the poison of their thoughts, even as they spoke the honeyed words of lies and deception. But they had their place in the grand scheme of the galaxy, even if she felt that they were superfluous and made every matter twice as convoluted. Alone for the time being, Marriskcal raised her eyes to the ceiling for a moment as the senator continued his disingenuous appeal for aid.

Senior Sergeant Kyle Whir
Imperial Senate Building, Galactic City, Coruscant
Interacting With: [member="Marriskcal Lati"]

Standing outside the Senate's pursed main doors is a Senior Sergeant "Kyle Whir" of the Coruscant Security Force. One of their juniors approached in the trademark general duties uniform and armour which rendered their identity indiscernible to the casual observer. "Sergeant." The man vaguely familiar man began, Kyle turned their helmeted head and answered in a variation of Galactic Basic spoken almost exclusively by the natives of Carida something she had learnt from their Father in quiet moments within the Imperial Palace's gilded marble halls. "I think you might need to go upstairs and speak with that Bureau Captain, she won't talk to any of us over the comlink." Kyle's hazel spheres narrow behind their slitted glowing turqoise visor at the Junior Officer, in truth she suspected the truth was simple the fresh academy graduate disdained the Imperial Security Bureau, it didn't surprise Whir as many Officers privately confided in the Sergeant their resentment for co-operating with that odious law enforcement organisation.

"Fine, Officer Rial. Assume my post here and wait for furthers orders." Sergeant Whir's husky voice was warped into something mechanical and unable to be distinguished as organic in nature. Young Officer Rial nodded single-piece aqua visor with enthusiasm and shuffled towards Sergeant Whir's prior position behind the pair of towering oak doors which led into the Senate Chamber's ground floor. The same floor that housed the speaker's office and their personal executive airspeeder bay. It would have taken minutes to ascend through to the Captain's position through spiraling staircases, instead Kyle Whir pulled a featureless white swipe identity card from their pocket. Rial watched with jaw-dropped as Sergeant Whir opened a set of Turadium doors that were by all reputation supposed to be only accessible by the High Chancellor and members of the Imperial Cabinet.

"Did that just happen?" Rial asked himself openly, and decided that would be the first and last question on the matter suspecting wordlessly and incorrectly that Sergeant Whir was on a second payroll with the Imperial Security Bureau rather than the more innocuous reality that his Shift Commander was a member of the High Chancellor's immediate family. Standing in a narrow Durasteel Cylinder, it travelled for a scant couple of seconds before settling through rapid deceleration to a stop. Its' doors parted open and revealed the large rotunda room, its' circumference lined with doors the center filled with sandstone support pillars that reached like fingers through to the buildings' "True" ceiling. The floor itself consisted of an unsettling one-way mirror permitting those above to observe those below. Marrisckal might have heard the executive evacuation door open and turned in its' direction expecting to find Tanomas Graf, Theodore Royce-Clarke or Yuri Orlov on the advance. Instead, a lone Coruscant Security Force Officer stood proudly in their ubiquitous tactical powersuit.

Staring towards the attractive blonde from behind her helmets' slit-like lenses, Whir's tongue licked their dry crimson lips. "Agent Lati....." Their metallic tone trailed off, recognizing that striking woman's appearance almost immediately, she'd risen through the Turbolift expecting to find someone less familiar and more rugged. It would have been impossible to recognise Kyle or "Kyli" as she was privately known immediately off of voice of appearance, although as a Death Trooper subjected to horrific surgical and chemical augmentations their presence in the force burned like a grotesque perverted fire of life raging against a swallowing sea of darkness. "It has been a considerable amount of time since last we spoke." Walking towards the woman, Kyle's gauntlets reached upto their helmet. "This isn't the sort of place you'd come on routine protecting detail for the Senate. Why do I have the suspicion that if you're here of all places, there is something particular you seek?" Kyli had recently been involved in the recent framing of the Imperial Security Bureau's director Hali Saro in co-operation with Tanomas Graf and Theodore Royce-Clarke, she worried wordlessly Lati had been sent at the Purist Commissar-General Orlov's request to search for those responsible for dispensing with a valuable political ally.

Equipment: Uniform (Made of Shell Spider Silk), Precision Carbine, Lightsabre x2 (Azure & Cyan), and Throwing Knives
Location: Hidden Alcove within the Grand Convocation Chamber, Imperial Senate Building, Galactic City, Coruscant
Interacting with: [member="Kyli Graf"]

lpRayG4.png

An inferno amidst the tempest.

There were only a rare few that possessed such an aura.

Marriskcal Lati was a hunter, the once harbinger of the Praetorian Guard. Her skillset were nurtured and honed around tracking, combat, and wound attendance. Her senses were always attuned to the whispers of the Force, keen and vigilant whenever she was away from home. So when the door began to open, the lithe form of the young lady was already turned in greeting.

While they barely ever spoke, the blonde has always regarded the other with fondness. As such, even as the imposing form strode out of the door meant only for those high in the echelon and held a certain amount of clearance, they were graced with a gentle curve of her lips that were only seen by a rare few. Though it was strange to see Alpha-One in yet another armour of a different make, Marriskcal chose silence.

They were not close enough for her to regard the other with her usual cavalier charm.

Not since the assignment on Nyeon, if my memory has not failed me. But it gladdens my heart to see that you seemed to have made a complete recovery since, Alpha-One.” After a moment, the young lady canted her head inquisitive manner. “I did not realise that you have entered the service of the Coruscant Security Force?” Then again, Marriskcal has never once imagined that she would find herself meandering out of the shadows and amongst the gilt and glamour of the galas that her brother so adored.

As she has only known the other to be serious and succinct, the blonde found herself blinking in surprise, faintly taken aback when Kyli assailed her with yet another query. And with the waft of concern and hesitation emanating from her aura, it only wrought further confusion within her being.

Even so, Marriskcal has only ever been truthful to the beings she liked and held in esteem.

I am merely following the trails of a rumour,” she began, a shoulder rising in an elegant shrug. While her motions and movements has only ever been sharp and precise due to her militaristic nurture, her life with Seto meant that much of her mannerisms were being influenced by his own. “We have received some intel that places Senator Juh Arkli of Aargau in a compromising position. There are no evidence as to the extent of his involvement in the matter just yet, so I am merely keeping an eye on his person and ensuring that he does not attempt to jeopardise the safety of the other senators and representatives below. And if possible, attempt to glean information from the surface of his mind when the senate is in recess.

There was another moment of silence between the two before the young lady decided to follow through with an enquiry of her own.

Would it be presumptuous of me to surmise that you are here to ensure that I am behaving?” she asked, her words delivered in curious lilt. There was no resentment nor rancour in her tone, for Marriskcal was used to having the misgivings and distaste of other beings directed to her person. And she has always disregarded them, as the only beings in this galaxy whose regards she truly yearned for began with Frederic and ended with Seto.

Senior Sergeant Kyle Whir
Imperial Senate Building, Galactic City, Coruscant
Interacting With: [member="Marriskcal Lati"]

"Please don't remind me that I served those cowards who abandoned Dosuun by using that callsign." She paused briefly. "Please call me Kyle, Kyli or 'Graf' whichever you'd prefer when we're alone." Kyli pulled their helmet clear of the flex-armour membrane sitting around the well-defined and broad jaw on her face, she spoke with a distinctive working-class Core accent that no doubt was reminiscent of Tanomas Graf the both of them sounded rather rugged and husky, she had never dared to believe it could be an attractive thing until Kyli had noted how Lannik doted upon her whenever she spoke in his presence. "I have a pair of assumed identities now, name's 'Kyle Whir' and we did have a meeting before my activities on Nyeon you likely did not realise it." Tucking their mechanical Security Officer's visage beneath left-arm she casually sauntered towards Marriskcal with an unmistakable confidence in gait, although such arrogant smugness was not betrayed in her desert-dry and cold voice which seldom wavered to emotion in the presence of anybody other than her loving esteemed and distinguished Father.

Halting a few feet from Marriskcal in a respectful display of personal space she looked intently through the transparent canopy beneath their boots at the gathering of Senators who stood in their disc-shaped repulsor platforms, each month seemed to bring a new world or worlds into the Imperial Confederated Systems. "I wouldn't be with anybody else, there are good people in Coruscant Security Force..." Kyli spared a glance to the stylised Galactic Republic roundel that existed on her right pauldron for a moment, her friend Adaska had spoken highly of the Republic more than once, she thought it was Ironic that Lieutenant Raythe had joined the Imperial Security Bureau for all the criticism of their state. Some of Adaska's anti-authoritarian and suspicion for authority had rubbed off on Kyli. "I can't bring myself to serve another interstellar Imperial government, I trust my Father but I do not trust the Party, the Assembly, the Senate or the Ministers." It was no secret that Coruscant Security Force viewed the Imperial Security Bureau and Government as a whole with suspicion given their own history under the Galactic Empire where according to the organisation's own historians were responsible for employing excessive force.

Listening to Marriskcal Lati admit to their surveillance of the Senator, Kyli's hazel spheres narrowed in the blonde's direction the former's brows furrowed looking towards Lati suspiciously. "I presume you have a warrant to have the Senator under Surveillance? My men thought you were aiding us with dynamic security." Kyli extended an open hand towards Marriskcal, obviously intent on ensuring things were being done lawfully. Even though Kyli had left the First Order, her Stormtrooper conditioning had left a long-lasting imprint on their Psychology she placed importance on procedure, that and she'd voluntarily taken an oath to uphold the laws of Coruscant, it gave Kyli an unusual sense of pride not like the First Order no not at all. She'd never really chosen the order, indoctrinated to obey as a child and deriving fulfillment from being a weapon she'd known contentment but never true righteous pride, not until now. "One of my men claimed to attempt to contact you, though I think he was just intimidated by the fact you're a bureau agent."

Interacting with: [member="Kyli Graf"]

lpRayG4.png

The young lady merely inclined her golden head in acquiescence, noting the tendril of vehemence in her words.

As you have so graciously allowed me the usage of your given name, please address me as ‘Marr’ in the private setting if you wish to, Kyli,” she proffered, her gaze rising in unveiled interest as the other disengaged and removed her helmet. It was somehow more intimate when two beings spoke to one another without the anonymity of an armour between them, though the blonde has always fallen back on the auspices of her senses to perceive the sentiments that shrouded the aura of others, akin to how most beings in the galaxy uses expressions and gestures to perceive another’s emotional wellbeing.

Marriskcal blinked, twice, eyes of brilliant blue giving the indomitable form a meticulous onceover, engraving hair of lush brown and sharp features to memory. For even if Kyli Graf is the daughter of this Tanomas Graf being, the other continued to remain within the shadows, barely seen out of her armour and rarely found at the galas held by the gilded and vaunted of Coruscant.

And now that the taller woman roused the memory of long ago, the blonde remembered the early days of her arrival on the world. Alone from the only life she has known and hurting because she had chosen her siblings over her Lord and Master, Marriskcal found herself haunted by the guilt of almost killing Seto and Kaiah. And faced with the unfamiliar emotions, she had vanished often from the elegant villa and its beautiful gardens to the gloomy and derelict levels of Coruscant. The Dosuuni accent that the other once spoke with has all but dissipated, but then again, her own lilt has also altered since, to follow her brother’s own High Coruscanti.

I vaguely recall a ‘Kyle Whir’. But as it was in the early days, the… presence of all its inhabitants overwhelmed me and I was unable to distinguish your aura back then. I have never set foot on a world with so many lives before this.

In a sea of a hundred of thousands of life flames, even a raging inferno could become imperceptible.

Her mind continued to meander, the lines of constellation slowly connecting the star points even as they conversed.

Kyli Graf, or Kyle Whir. Tanomas Graf. And a third death trooper of unknown origins. There were apparently more of them that defected from the First Order than Marriskcal has originally surmised. While she had stayed away from involving herself in the matters and politics of the military, the blonde could not help but to wonder how much did the fallen empire fail them that they would choose to defect?

In the quiet of the room and far away from the gilded and vaunted of Coruscant, there was no need for guises and pretenses. So the young woman did not avert her gaze from the form of her companion even as she regarded the rotunda, her gleaming eyes continuing to alight avidly upon Kyli’s mien. “It is always joyous to know that an acquaintance has found a place that they could belong to, with people they like and respect.

Marriskcal herself used to serve the interest of her once father figure and the Order of Ren, followed by the ideals espoused by fallen empire, and in the far distance, its people. While she served a new imperium, scars had been etched into her soul and her loyalty was tempered by wariness. “And while I usually hesitate to compare experiences…

After all, no two journeys were the same.

I… can relate a little to your reluctance. When I lost trust in Sie– Sieger Ren, I found that it is hard to trust again. Other than the few beings in my life, I cannot bring myself to allow anyone else close. Agendas after agendas. Games within games.No, the blonde has always desired a life where matters were a stark black or white, instead of shade of greys. “I am not familiar with such a lifestyle, so it is easier for me to follow the guidance of someone who cares about me.

The waft of suspicion emanating from the brunette merely passed over her head, for Marriskcal has mostly stayed away from the game of silvered words and false camaraderie. “A little of both, I suppose? Assigning me purely to such a task would be superfluous and a waste of my skills,” she replied without a hint of pride in her voice. Her nurture has designed her for an aggressive and decisive strike, or for tracking and hunting, or even for the unfaltering protection of an individual. To utilise a weapon for something they were unsuited for seemed a little silly to the former Guard.

The Commissariat informed me that they were in the midst of obtaining a warrant when the assigned me to observe the session.” The blonde removed a palm dataslate from her coat and with a few clicks, accessed the holomail with the necessary document before holding it for Kyli to take. “I have been alone ever since I found my way here, so if they tried to contact me, it did not connect,” she continued in a diplomatic manner, gesturing once more at the device just in case the other wanted to verify her words.

But it would explain why you were asked to ensure that there was nothing untoward unfolding up here. It has been almost an hour since I found myself here.” Marriskcal tilted her head faintly to the side to look up at her companion, giving her a smile “But I am glad all the same, since I found the chance to speak to you in a noncombat setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom