Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stray Cat Rock Part 2 (Aika Kawakami)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu had not expected the enjoyment she would have teaching Aika and now that everything had changed. There was a new and full council. There was a new chancellor and they had gone on the offensive against the sith. Where that was the opposite of what they had been doing, which was not great but compared to letting people suffer it wasn't bad either. It had just made Matsu more of a proactive jedi and when she wasn't helping train other padawans, when she wasn't helping the jedi fight she was here on Coruscant keeping a close eye on Hanna and her daughter. The third in command of the Republic and a valued friend deserved nothing less.

So when she had more of a chance to test Aika's control here in a semi controlled environment well she couldn't pass that chance up. The student of hers who wanted to be a diplomat among the jedi did need to learn how to handle crowds and people, perhaps speaking and being confident at answering questions. The pressure from that and the concentration to keep her mental shields up could be a better way to test her to teach her then just being together in a room and the jedi master hammering her shields. She sent a message with a smile while being there. "Aika when you are able and on Coruscant I would like to continue our lessons. I am usually in the senate district."

Aika Kawakami

Can one find true light when shadowed in darkness?
One thing was for sure; she'd gotten good at finding her master when need be. Aika had tracked Matsu into the Senate district. An arrangement had been made for them to meet up, and continue her training. Though this was an odd place any sort of Jedi training she could think of. But she was the apprentice here. Which meant she didn't question what she was told, at least not by her master. That came from one thing; she had complete trust in the woman. Since they had began together, she always had sometime there for her. Someone with complete faith in her, and believed her potential as a Jedi was limitless. Even with the fact that Aika had continued to watch the council closely, but that was something for another time.

She gained sight of the woman just a bit up ahead, though Matsu was facing the opposite direction. Saying that the smile that crossed her face was wide would really be an understatement. It was strange as she could feel her reaching out to her mind, it meant she didn't realize Aika was even there. With that, she rushed toward the woman, her voice calling out. "Ike-sensei! I'm right here!"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

@[member="Aika Kawakami"]

Matsu looked up at Aika when she arrived and offered a warm smile while she remained straight and bowed her head before speaking. "Aika welcome, I hope you found the trip over here helpful." She wanted to make sure Aika was practicing her lessons, that she wasn't just hiding away from people so she didn't have to worry about intruding on their minds. Working here where everyone usually had a secret could be a good way to practice mental shields and other techniques, what better a place to practice levitation and focus then in the high rises. "Do you know why we are here?"

In truth it was two sided, when she had met the senator in question she was across from they had been attacked by an assassin. It had made her curious, so she came by now and again to make sure there were no other assassin's trying or worse. She also showed up from time to time to teach her more ways to use a lightfoil which had proven quite a sight to use. Their kids playing together was another part but few knew that it wasn't a secret she spent time with the senator but most just believed it was for diplomatic relations and better help with Hapes. "We are here to make sure your mental shields are strong, here where all th people usually have a secret."

Aika Kawakami

With her feet coming to a stop as she reached her master, Aika lowered her head slightly in a bow, a rather odd smile across her face. Recently, she'd been having more and more assignments fro the council. Hell, she'd even received a few requests from the Senate. All of this kept her moving through the galaxy. It was only recently that she'd even returned to Coruscant, a great reprieve from always being on the move. Though, that was something for another time. This was supposed to be the continuation of her training, after all.

"Mental...shields. Oh, I see." Her head nodded, the odd grin now accompanied by a nervous laughter. It was obvious what had happened. To some degree or another, Aika had heard at least a few others thoughts. It wasn't that she didn't care to keep them up, or for lack of trying. And she certainly wasn't trying to do it. It just....happened. The girl was tired, and needed rest. but she certainly wasn't going to actually say that. Nope. Not a chance.

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"There is of course more to it then that, you have been doing very very well there is some places around here. You could get iced cream and sweet juice. I do not really know but we have stipends from the order for food if we need it." Matsu looked at Aika now and started walking while she held the parasol and opened it. The fans in her pockets jingling together while she walked and smiled. The rest of the district was theirs to walk around in and oversee. It brought more thoughts to Matsu's head about what Aika had been doing, she hadn't built a saber so combat might be out of the question but she suspected she had been doing plenty in the order. "So Aika what has been happenign for you? You seem more experienced then the last time I saw you."

Aika Kawakami

The words barely found their way to her ears. Actually, all she heard was something about sweets and food. Her mind was more preoccupied with trying to erect the barriers around her mind once more. The last thing she needed to hear was some top secret talk of goings on in the Senate. Actually, if she did hear something, it may give her more...understanding, per-say. Nonetheless, she needed her mind shielded, simply to keep from hearing everything from everyone's minds.

Not wanting to be left behind, Aika moved to catch up to her master. Her pace matched that of her master as she walked alongside her, hands clasped behind her back as she looked about the area. She really did need to explore Coruscant a little more every once in a while. "You think so? I mean, the Council seems to be sending me all over the place nowadays, even having me help to train younglings. I even got my first padawan the other day. It's so much at one time, it's kind of hard to process it all. To an extent, it even seemed like they were specifically trying to keep me away form the Temple, at a distance. But perhaps I'm simply reading into things too much. At least they haven't sent me into battle."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"As I understand it on Ossus the Emperor himself was at the temple and a very real threat. I do not know if your mental shields would have been able to withstand him. It might be bad form but I am glad you weren't able to be in the battle as it were. Dangerous place, Manaan was dangerous as well." Her face showed humor though as she had felt it for a moment at least with the mention of sweets, the streets of Coruscants upper district was quite lovely while Matsu spoke more looking on. "But you were very brave to go, very different from the girl who was paired with me on Ilum. I am very impressed with your development and skill."

The jedi master stopped giving a look about the area and she wondered where they might find one of the food shops. She didn't actually know where one was but she could work on following her nose and seeing where it goes as it were. They might get lucky and find more stuff to do.

Aika Kawakami

Her head nodded slightly as they shuffled forward. Ossus had been a needed experience for her. It was the first time she had participated in any actual field operation. Not to mention it was her first time ever that she had a chance to use any of her training. "Yes. I had been sent to one of the Yassan settlements with a couple others to regain their trust in the Jedi and Republic. In truth, I don't believe I was actually successful in gaining their trust. I think they simply selected the lesser of two evils in their eyes. And I think I was more relieved to know I wasn't going to have to face off with him."

A wide grin sprawled across her face as she heard the encouragement from her master. "Thank you, Ike-sensei. I guess when I think about it, I am much different from when I first ran into you on Illum. But I heard about what went on while on Manaan. And about the massive typhoon you created to wipe out the Sith. I would've had decline if they tried to push me to assist on Manaan. Though I would've loved to see you in action." As her words finished, her nose picked up a scent. A very sweet scent. "Uh, sensei, can you smell that too?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu thought about it and it was a good thing Aika wasn't there. It wasn't often she had to use her abilities in a fight, even less when she had to partake of a real fight. It was something that needed to be done sure the sith were attacking. It was something that she might not have been proud of but the lives it could save by stopping them and preventing their evil from spreading was a burden she could take. Then she smelled it... The sweet scent assailing her nose while she made a face and started drifting over towards it. The force working to enhance her olfactory senses to lead the way.

Then she saw it and the people there as the jedi master nodded to Aika and began to walk forward. The credits she did have jingling with her fans in her pockets and Matsu stood at the end of the line while looking up and around at all the people. Plenty of things one could do and plenty of places to sit for all of them but she turned to Aika. "Now what would you like to get?"

Aika Kawakami

Well, that certainly a interesting response. Then again, words weren't really necessary with that reaction. Seeing her master's face contort a bit and the look in her eye, it was obvious the same sweet scent had caught her nose. With a smile that could light up that darkest side Duxn, a moon of her homeworld Onderon, Aika followed behind her with a bit of a skip in her step. If it wasn't obvious how happy she was about being back on Coruscant yet, it certainly was now.

Coming to a stop, they stood at the rear of one of the lines, her eyes looking about. In reality, she was trying to keep her mind busy, so as to keep from delving into others thoughts. Again, that is. Just then, there was one question that immediately took up all the space in her head. She was getting to choose what they were going satisfy their pallets with. Her mouth nearly began watering at the thought. She had been forced to act a certain way for so long. At that moment, Aika chose to be a child again, even if just for a moment. "I want...something sweet. Anything sweet."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Something sweet? Well that would be easy or at least it should be as the jedi master approached the counter and looked on at the selection. There wasn't a great deal but it was all quick and easy to make. Something that could be quite good for the ones on the move and quickly. With a look her eyes quickly flicked over before she spoke. "I'll have some of the vanilla sweet cream and for my student some of the mango." The man looked at Matsu and she held up the credit shits to pay him and left a decent tip. Not too much but more then enough to cover the small amount. His hands worked swiftly as several minutes later it was delivered to Matsu and she walked over to Aika while holding it. "Ah here you go." The jedi master had a smile on her face while she took a spoon and scooped a small amount before licking it off the spoon. "Delicious."

Aika Kawakami

Her eyes glanced over those around here as Matsu moved toward the counter. Things were moving quite different from the previous times they trained together. Still, Aika certainly wouldn't complain. She was relaxed, her mind was free, and she wasn't fighting to keep others thoughts from her head. For the first time in many weeks, life actually seemed simple. Well, as simple as life in this galaxy could be.

Her eyes darted forward as her master's voice twinkled into her ears. That meant one thing; sweets. With a smile that could light the night skies of Onderon, she received the treat with haste. Aika brought the spoon to her mouth, giving off a soft chuckle in the process. It was as if, suddenly, her taste buds took off on their own. A feeling of sheer bliss crossed over her. For that tiny moment, nothing in the galaxy mattered. To her, it was her happiness alone that reigned above all else. The spoon slipped form her lisp as she looked to Matsu. "It had been so long. I'd forgotten how amazing the little things made one feel."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"Well savor it, it isn't every day one can indulge in the simple pleasures." Her smile remained though while she had another spoonful and had to agree that she hadn't had this in a while and had almost forgotten it but once you had gotten sweets it was never that far from your mind. She would have to convince Hanna that when she visited Hapes with her it was a must to have sweet cream and chocolate... no strawberries with charamel. Yes she would use her position for that if only because Hanna liked the time they were together and the fun they had.

"Now onto your lessons, have you been experimenting with your powers? Have you been trying to reach out and search others minds while keeping your shields up?"

Aika Kawakami

She simply nodded, using the spoon to rapidly shovel the cold, sweet treat in her mouth. She could do this all day. After all, the girl had a fixation for sweets. It sent her on a cloud floating whenever she had the opportunity to indulge. And the best part of it all, was that it was free.

Her mind was brought back to the present as Matsu's voice slipped into her ears. That was right. They had met up for training. It was sort of like a damper on their, so far, great time. But business was business. "I have, Ike-sensei. I've even spoken to others mentally, though only briefly. Every now and then, I've found my barriers lowered without knowing it, but not too often. However, that is about all that I've dabbled with. I haven't had much of a chance to practice with other skills."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"That is very good then and good for you to try it. I know you weren't the most confident but it seems practice has been making you bold." She had to admit hearing that Aika was trying to do things at least made it all the better, even talking to another minds was a good start. She took another bite and saw Aika eating it quickly as she spoke with a smile. "Careful now you don't want to get a brain freeze and you don't want that." Though she could admit it was quite a fun thing and there wasn't much wrong as she took another bite and then another savoring the flavor but also the chill as it went down her throat.

Aika Kawakami

Aika nodded, continuing to shove spoon after spoon into her mouth as her master spoke. She was listening....sort of. But the wonderful sensation of the icy treat was simply taking her mind to another place. However, the warning about the brain freeze could've come a bit sooner. It would've saved her a bit of trouble. Her began to hurt as the cold got to her, dropping the spoon into the cup and instead holding her forehead. Oh....the sweet pain.

"Ah... Brain freeze, yeah. Anyway, what did you have on the cards for today, Ike-sensei?"

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Matsu giggled a little at that, almost served her right but the jedi master wouldn't proclaim such a thing while she thought about what more they would be trying that day. There was plenty they could do just testing her mental defenses but she wanted to do more and this was just as good a place as any to really practice levitating and some alter environment. There was more maybe but learning how to be diplomatic in this district was something that crossed the jedi's mind. These were the masters or the ones who were supposed to be, usually she just found them very good at telling lies to each other. "Well apart of practicing the basics of what I taught you and we did on the ship I was going to see how you observed and handled situations."

Aika Kawakami

As the sharp pain within her head subsided, Aika let out a deep breath. She had her little moment, now she had to be ready. Which only became more obvious as her master spoke. "Situations? Uh...what kind of situations do you mean, Ike-sensei? I mean, things around here seem quite....relaxed. That is, unless you had a certain situation in mind."

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

"There are always situations in this district, small things. Things most do not see, the flip side of being a diplomat is you are also sometimes forced to break promises that got you elected. Make promises to others and backroom deals, cause chaos in a climate that is already chaotic. Not something fun, we'll find such a situation easily enough but first finish up and then we'll fly up to the skyline. The senate building is a wonderful place to train." The jedi master had a smile on her face and had to admit this was going to be fun as she took another bite and looked into the distance towards where the building was.

Aika Kawakami

Aika had to think about this for a moment. What Matsu had said was true. This was the Senate district, which meant there was plenty going on, even if it wasn't something to be easily seen. Her head turned as she looked about, eying those that moved about the area. Part of her wanted to open her mind, to allow the thoughts of these people to drift into her mind. After all, it was like being gifted an opportunity. She had little trust for those who claimed to have the Republic's best interest at heart. The fact that many politicians were known liars did nothing to ease such feelings.

Her eyes returned to her master, nodding slightly. "Then shall we go, Ike-sensei?'

@[member="Matsu Ike"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom