Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranded [Please Don't Let Me Die In This Rust Bucket!]

Stranded.png
imageedit_2_3902414340.gif
Repubelick.gif
The rusted, secondhand transport glided through the vast void of space, the newly painted on symbol of the Republic Remnants standing out in stark contrast to the worn metal around it. In a few moments it would be making the leap to hyperspace, defeating the icy grip of the confines real space to bring its cargo to its destination even if various important looking modules and 'gizmos' were shaking in their place, their desperate cries for a mechanic's touch lost to the void. The cargo? Unlucky occupants including an ace pilot, likely the greatest pilot this transport had ever had at the helm but from the mismatched metal haphazardly welded onto the side this wasn't much of a compliment, a potent mistress of the Jedi Arts and a young Padawan who... well, she was there. These three brought together for a simple mission, to travel to the nearby planet and secure use of their refueling station for the Billet-class Cruiser, the RNV Herald.
It would be a short hyperspace jump, a dozen parsecs traversed in moments, something even the hideous transport that mocked the very gods by its mere existence and audacity to believe it was worthy of flight would be capable of.
Or was it?
Repubelick.gif
Iona braced her head against the cold, dirty wall and let out a long groan as her stomach rolled over once again and brought with it another wave of nausea that threatened to unravel all the hard work she had been doing for the last few hours... keeping the revolting ration bars from coming back up in an even more revolting manner. With ever lurch or jerk of the ship, with every mysterious groan or rattling, real or imagined, she had to fight down her panic but she could not stop the thoughts from spilling forth, 'I'm going to die here. This place is awful, space is awful, why am I here?'
The Padawan knew the answer, she always did. She loved to explore, loved to see new planets, people and the universe at large, but the trip to get to each one was purgatory. Ships were the bane of existence, the creation of a sad little man out to ruin her life, on a crusade to paint every nearby wall a putrid shade of green, all organic paint, of course, made and provided by the 'stalwart' Padawan. She could already hear the rasping voice of her instructors at the academy telling her to 'free her mind' to 'mediate and feel the force around her' because that was sound advice. What better way to cure motion sickness and a deathly fear of flying then the feel of them flying through space amplified by her connection to the force? For a bunch of wise masters, some of them were deeply lacking in the understanding department.
The sudden lurch of the ship brought bile to the back of her throat, 'I'm going to die here, I know it. This ship is going to be the death of me, and you know what? Its my fault. This ship was a deathtrap. Knew it the second I saw it, but no, I just had to go on, because, they totally needed me. Yea, because the fabled Silver Lady needs my help to talk to a bunch of people that I won't even be in the same room with, because, hey, everyone needs that Padawan. That unimportant one most people don't remember the name of, yes, I am so vital to this mission,' Iona opened her eyes to look at the dirty metal wall, the bland grey color doing nothing to steady her stomach. Her thoughts were not uncommon. Every time she stepped onto a ship, even larger vessels like the RNV Herald, she was sure this would be her doom, that this time there would be no coming back... The beaten down, rusted piece of junk they were in now was just the worst of the lot.
Iona gathered what strength she had and pushed herself away from the wall and fought to steady herself. If she died by being sucked out into the dark vacuum of space, destined to drift forward in the cold void... Once again, her hand came up against the wall as she braced herself before muttering in the dark hall illuminated by flickering lights, "I hate ships."
[member="Kasari Xesh"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra in the meantime was in no way calm like the Padawan [member="Iona Immarya"] was, or rather, what passed for calm for a padawan. No Alexandra had dropped all pretenses of being calm as she cursed under her breath at how the engineers could screw up an engine this badly. Someone was either not doing maintenance, or they just wanted someone to die from their own damnable negligence. IF she got back to the planet in one peace, she was going to kick the engineer's teeth in simply for letting a vessel get this worn out on the inside and not thinking to red tape the craft for use, that way people didn't die using it. Which brought her to where she was now staring at a sparking engine and power core with her hand slamming onto the metal before sighing.

He ears soon picked up some words though and her eyes turned away from the metal she had been beating on before walking down the hall. She should check on the padawan and the pilot, knowing that they might not be in the best state themselves, her hands crossing over her chest as she walked through the compartments with the small shape of the glowing white Ashlan wolf trailing behind her. It would not take her long, considering how small the ship was to find the first of the two on her mind and with a smile she turned her head to look at the woman coming down the dark hall.

Speaking, so that [member="Iona Immarya"] would notice her if she hadn't already, Alexandra let her voice fill the halls. Hopefully [member="Kasari Xesh"] would hear her too and come to them, if the woman was still awake and not knocked out that was.

"Hello there Padawan Immarya, It would appear that we will be delayed in our arrival." Alexandra said that with a soft, calm voice, looking around now to see what else there was going wrong. The biggest thing at the moment is that their life support was on borrowed time if Alexandra couldn't get the generator going, but that was a concern that they could worry about once they figured out the situation. She needed to for now focus on making sure the Padawan and the Pilot were both ok, a simple task but a necessary one.

From the cockpit of the vessel came a string of curses in the Sith language, and a couple of clangs of frustrstion. Then came a heavy sigh as the pilot exited from the front of the ship. Kasari was dressed in a simple grey-black, tanktop-and-trousers outfit. She had thrown off her flight jacket a while ago.

"Fething piece of druk!" She cursed under her breath before pressing a wristcom, "Kay-Six. Get your black canister down this way and get to repairing."

<< This ship = Death trap. >> whistled back her R2 unit.

The Sith Pureblood groaned and sighed before joining the Jedi and her padawan. Orange eyes darted between the two of them, fixing her red bangs to the side.

"Well, ladies. Best settle in and breathe relaxed-like. All of our propulsive and movement systems are shot to bloody Chaos. Life support is just above nominal." She explained, "My astromech is working on it. Just bear with it for a while."

[member="Iona Immarya"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"]​

"Delayed? Delayed how?" Iona asked turning to face the older, far more experienced wielder of the force. She tried, and failed miserably, to keep the creeping edges of her panic from her voice. The ship was broken, she knew it. They were going to drift off into space and slowly die because spaceships were the bane of all existence and the universe was one giant trap meant to entice foolhardily young people like herself to explore it only to gobble them up and laugh maniacally as the cycle restarted itself. Iona put her hands on her hips and stared at the metal flooring as she tried to use some breathing techniques taught to young jedi to slow her heart and calm her nerves... It was almost starting to work until their pilot came in and broke the devastating news.

"Nominal!? How long is norminal?" She asked, her voice cracking slightly as her breathing sped back up, right, yeah, control it, she just had it under control and now there is nominal life support which meant limited air which meant their time drifting off into the great void would be mercifully sweet as her lungs fought for air until her brain systemically shut down which all sounded so lovely.

Iona closed her eyes and thudded her head against the metal wall as she gave herself a little pep talk, 'Get a grip girl, you got this, you can do this. Yeah, the droid will fix the ship because its probably not something critical, right? I mean, what are the odds of a critical system going down on a ship barely... No, you can do this. Deep breaths, you got this. You are just inside a metal can barely held together with scrap metal and well wishes floating through space with limited air, and, maybe you'll find a way to conserve air by shutting down non-nessecary systems like.. yourself.' She stopped thudding and let her forehead rest against the metal as she let out a slow groan, "ETA?" She asked hopefully.

[member="Kasari Xesh"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra was a bit more relaxed and listened to the two talk as she thought on the matter. Taking a moment she looked over at the Padawan and smiled as she reached out and patted the girl on the head, walking away after as she spoke up. "Well, the lets not worry about the ETA right now. We have work to do and should help out the Pilot as much as possible. Take this as a lesson in patience... or you know, what ever it is that Master Karr's preaching of the week is." Alexandra would smile again at [member="Iona Immarya"] before heading off past the Pilot and into the engine compartment, taking a look around and humming to herself.

With each step though it was very clear that Alexandra was in no way stable, her hand moving to the wall as soon as it could and bracing herself against it while she looked around at the engine and generators. She knew that she would need to get these back on line somehow within the next few hours. They had a decent supply of air and some reserve backup systems no doubt, but the longer they were on borrowed time the closer they would get to hypoxia. It was rare for people to know their symptoms and dangerous if people did not know how to identify and treat said symptoms. Some people got cold, some got hot, but those were mild in comparison to the real dangers. Euphoria for example put people into a state of complacency and could cause one to simply sit there until they pass out, not knowing they were slowly dying from the lack of oxygen in the air at that point.

Her eyes would turn back down the hall, looking at [member="Kasari Xesh"] and thinking on the issue. The Astromech would need help most definitely.

"Lady Pilot, IF you do not mind my inquiry, where can I begin working that I will not get in the way of your astromech. I would hate to start tearing apart stuff back here if your droid was intending to deal with these systems itself." She smiled as she said that, her hands itching to touch an engine again after so many years.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Iona Immarya"]​
Kasari thought a moment before responding to each woman in turn. Firstly, she looked to the Padawan. The poor girl looked like death warmed over, so she decided to lay the news gently.

"Well, youngling. We have enough air to last us for about two-and-a-half standard hours." She spoke simply, "That's if we keep our heads on and not take panicked breaths. And if there's not another malfunction. In relation to our destination. At this current putting along, it'd be about....five standard hours before we get to our destination."

Now with that said, she turned to the apparent Jedi Master. From what she could garner from looking at her, the pale woman seemed to be handy. She nodded to the Jedi before contacting her droid on location, before addressing the older woman.

"Master Jedi. My droid is currently taking care of the life support systems. There's an extra tool kit in the aft section. If you're knowledgeable enough, I want you on engine duty." She said, turning back to the padawan, "Padawan, you decide. You can either help your Master in the engine room or join me upfront on the bridge to get comms up. Might be the only way to send out a distress signal. Either way, I don't want you standing around like a seasick sailor."

The way she spoke was polite, but it definitely reared up the fact that she was a military officer through and through. With both of her fellows notified of what needed to be done, she nodded and headed back up to the front, grabbing her tool kit and beginning to work on the malfunctioning communications array. She was a survivor, and she'd be damned if she was going to let a rust bucket like this be the thing that took her or her comrades out.

Not worry about the ETA? Was she insane? How could she not worry about the ETA? That was what determined how long she was going to be stuck in space! Well, if they didn't suffocate first. Iona offered the master a weak smile to show she appreciated the effort to allievate her spirits even if it didn't do much for her state of mind, "I wouldn't know, I usually sleep through them," Iona said and took a deep breath to calm herself. Iona couldn't recall what was the last speech the prominent Jedi Master Karr had given as, well, it wasn't a joke, she did tend to doze off during philosophical speeches. Wasn't her fault, well, not always her fault. They were just tedious no matter who gave the lesson.

"Oh, thanks, yeah, because thinking about how breathing harder is going to make use die faster is going to go so well in helping me control it," Iona barked back to the pilot who had joined them. The trip would take twice as long as they had oxygen left which was just wonderful. She took a deep breath trying to recall one of the various mantras the masters used to beat into her head to try and calm herself down.

Iona tightly closed her eyes as she weighed her options, "Of course, because working next to someone about to throw up on everything always does so well for efficiency," she said trying to find some small semblance of humor in their situation... well, trying and failing as she was barely keeping the thought of how thin the walls were keeping them from death out of her mind.

"Uh, engine duty, no windows," Iona picked as she didn't want to see the stars around them and think about how they were destined to drift among them for the rest of eternity, or, well, until they sent a search party after, found the ship by luck and found their bodies nicely preserved thanks to the vacuum that had been their doom.

[member="Kasari Xesh"] || [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom