Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Stormlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
lightning_sword_by_shadow696_d3a67w1-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Very Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Electrokinetic Generators
  • Consumes Lightning/Electricity
  • Can summon small storms at the risk of user's death.
STRENGTHS
  • Electrokinetic Conduit: This feature allows the weapon to store and release charges of captured electricity, enhancing the damage and impact it possesses in combat. If enough stored energy is sent to wreath the blade, each strike becomes explosive and forms shockwaves for a limited amount of time, at the risk of killing the wielder. The sheer power output of this generator additionally allows the weapon to carve and cleave its way through most known materials, akin to the ability of a lightsaber.
  • Storm Summon: The exact cause of this ability is unknown to Raptious, although the Sith Lord has theorized that the souls of the Talz Mountain Clan, who were known to worship the frequent storms above their high altitude home, have achieved some form of symbiosis with the Dark Side within the sword itself. This would thus allow them to use the sword as a conduit to summon minor force storms for the Sith Lord to use to their advantage, yet also at their own risk.
  • Master Crafted: As the pinnacle of Helgardi smithing and as an excellent example of Sith forging, this weapon is near impervious to damage, whether plasma, blaster, kinetic, and so on. It will never shatter or break under general damage and can deflect almost all forms of attack if the wielder is skilled enough to block such attacks.
  • Possession of Warrior Spirits: Due to the consumption of Talz Warrior souls and countless Helgardi, this blade is meant for the hands of a vicious warrior only, and in such hands will allow its full potential to be used. Destruction is its namesake and it only furthers the blood thirst of its wielder.
WEAKNESSES
  • Light Side: Despite its resistances to general and advanced attacks, the sword is still vulnerable to the Light Side in its raw and applied form as with all Sith Swords. If enough is applied to the sword, it will shatter and possibly destroy the wielder. The Dark Side nature of the weapon prevents it to avoid detection from Light Side users unless ample masking is used to suppress the energy.
  • Weight: While the material used to craft it are on the lighter spectrum of weight, this sword is still heavier than most weapons due to its size and the sheer amount of metal used to craft it. The living souls also add a "warrior’s challenge" to the blade, constantly forcing the wielder to use at the very least considerable strength to lift it and swing.
  • Electrokinetic Conduit: Due to the unexpected and the unstable nature of the sword’s main feature, the weapon has a perpetual chance to backfire on the wielder with its consumed energy and kill them, or severely harm them. This is in no small part due to the weaknesses the wielder’s armor itself possesses.
  • Demanding Spirits: If the spirits possessing the blade at some point feel that the wielder no longer holds the heart and being of a warrior, it will hide its full potential away from them and become even more difficult to properly use in combat.
DESCRIPTION

Only a few days after deciding their once favored weapon of Bittersweet was simply limiting in the ever growing conflicts, Darth Raptious returned to their home of Helgard to begin construction of a new weapon worthy of the coming wars. Based off the sword designs of the Helgardi master smiths, the Sith Lord set out to forge the blade with a straight double-edged shape that complimented both their power and their newfound speed.

The process of creating the shape alone was long and arduous, claiming the lives of several dozens of Helgardi servants in order to supply the needed blood and spirits for the ritual. Over three fortnights was this blade forged, the screams of those sacrificed lining the sword and their bones used to carve runes into the cross guard and the base of the blade, empowering it with the Dark Side in its rawest form.

It was said that in the black nights as the weapon cooled and waited, a deep humming could be heard in the halls leading to the dimly lit forge, whispers barely audible in the recesses of the vibrations, whispers that would quickly shift to anguished pleas for help. It was surmised by those who stood guard in Hjallaheim that the blade was developing a mind of its own, as if the carnage and black magic used to create it was turning it into a living being in its own right.

It was only when the fledgling blade, complete in its general shape, was fed the souls of one hundred Talz Warriors deep in the southern wilds of Helgard that the ritual reached its climax.

When the last of the warriors, a young chieftain of the Mountain Clan named Grirk Bas, bled out at the feet of Raptious, a crackling storm spawned directly above the Sith Lord. It was here that the blade now proved to act as a conduit of sorts, perhaps as a result of the Talz souls fed to it, drawing in and absorbing strike after strike of lightning until the Sith Lord risked the blade backfiring and destroying their power armor and themselves. In the following day, Raptious further discovered that if held into the air, the blade would form, or rather summon, a small lightning storm to empower it, a desire for carnage clear in the ever glowing runes.

Quickly deducing that such a desire would require proper contingencies, the Sith Lord had a specialized generator/containment packs added into the crossguard and pommel of the sword to safely store the conductive energy the blade consumed. With a flick of a switch on the hilt, the blade would then be wreathed in controlled levels of electrokinetic energy. This would allow the sword to cut through almost every known material save for the strongest substances such as Impervium, as well as provide near-perfect defense against electrical based attacks.

Upon its final completion, the blade, now dubbed Stormlight by the Sith Lord, found quick use in a series of dangerous hunts upon the tundras of Helgard, Skel and Talz clans slain to the last man and woman, the children abandoned to the wild beasts and other clans.

"Now it is ready," Raptious exclaimed, eyeing the blade dripping with crimson. "Now it will taste Jedi flesh."

[member="Lorale Farmar"],

So I got a question.

Lorale Farmar said:
Material: Alchemized Phrik Blade with Cortosis Edges | Whitefang Leather Wrapped Songsteel Hilt | Souls of 100 Talz Warriors
Not sure why you are using Phrik, Cortosis, and Songsteel when Alchemy naturally makes any and every metal unnaturally strong and durable. In fact, many people who created Sithswords used metals that were known for being extremely light but having almost no durability for the express purpose of reducing the weight. I don't understand why you are using so many metals and practices that all do, pretty much the same thing?

Lorale Farmar said:
Light Side: Despite its resistances to general and advanced attacks, the sword is still vulnerable to the Light Side in its raw and applied form as with all Sith Swords. If enough is applied to the sword, it will shatter and possible destroy the wielder. The Dark Side nature of the weapon also prevents it to avoid detection from Light Side users unless ample masking is used to suppress the energy.
Got a little bit of a grammar problem here, and wanted to point it out so you can fix it if you so wish.

Lorale Farmar said:
Storm Summon: The exact cause of this ability is unknown to Raptious, although the Sith Lord has theorized that the souls of the Talz Mountain Clan, who were known to worship the frequent storms above their high altitude home, have achieved some form of symbiosis with the Dark Side within the sword itself. This would thus allow them to use the sword as a conduit to summon minor force storms for the Sith Lord to use to their advantage, yet also at their own risk.
Can you please link which type of force storm this can produce? As there are two very distinct types.

[member="Vigil Rostu"]

Hello! Thank you for pointing out the issues. I used so many materials because I was kind of unsure about what I truly wanted for the blade, and now that you mentioned it, it was pretty redundant. SO I have changed it to songsteel. Please let me know if the reasoning for the sword still being Very Heavy works well.

I also have added a link to the force storm (Force Lightning version as opposed to the weather power).

And please inform me of the grammar issue. I believe I have an idea of what it is, but I want to make sure before I change anything.

Lorale Farmar said:
it will shatter and possible destroy the wielder.
Possibly is the right word for you to use here. It is in your Light sided weakness category.

Lorale Farmar said:
The Dark Side nature of the weapon also prevents it to avoid detection from Light Side users unless ample masking is used to suppress the energy.
Remove "Also"

[member="Lorale Farmar"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom