Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop! Thief!

Somewhere on Coruscant, a high-pitched, squeaky voice cried out for bloody murder. "Hey! Get back here!" Scarlet chased after the thief, barely catching up to him. Her legs were getting tired. "I swear I'm gonna beat you so bad when I catch you!" The man continued to run, having a seemingly endless amount of energy. "Geez, you've really got some muscle!"

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Xeni would never get used to this place. One would assume that after making several pit stops here a person would adjust. Not Xeni. Never Xeni. She grimaced as she shoved her petite body through the crowds of the markets. The time was late morning so practically everyone and their mother was out buying dinner and such. Her ears rang with the mass's yelling and screeching.

Oh, the love-hate relationship was strong with this place.

"Hey! Get back here!" People parted upon hearing the scream and a young scraggly man shot through followed a young woman. Xeni, of course, was not paying attention and walked right into the man's path. Oof! Both collided and fell backwards. Xeni on her rump, the man on his back. Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark... She glanced over at the other individual. He was carrying something in a strange way, and he was in quite a rush. A silent groan. Really? A thief? This early in the morning?

She had a suspicion that today was just not going to go smoothly.

------
@[member="Scarlet Faith"]

Scarlet chased the man as he rounded a corner... Right into a woman. After plowing into her, the thief continued to run off with the stolen property. Looking between the thief and the woman on the ground, she groaned. 'Why??', her insides screamed. "Urgh." She would catch him some other time. Helping the woman up, she asked "Hey, are you okay?"

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Xeni nodded at her question and stood up with the girl's help, brushing off the dirt from her clothes. She turned to where the thief had run off, then turned back to the girl before jutting her thumb in that direction in confusion. Wasn't she supposed to be running after the man?

Xeni really didn't care what happened to these two, but she certainly did not want to distract the individual from retrieving whatever was stolen. She searched her shopping to bag to ensure she had everything, and smiled when they were accounted for. Especially her sweets... Wait a minute! She frantically searched her bag again! Darn that man! He had grabbed her back-up drive for her datapad and ran with it! She pouted. It wasn't too terribly expensive, but she was not in the mood to tell the Jal Shey she had to buy two of them...

------

Scarlet watched as the woman, the.. blind woman... searched her bag and frowned. No! "Oh, he stole something from you too?! UGH! Stay here, i'll get our stuff!" She then ran off again, having seen the direction the thief had gone. Eventually, she found herself in a warehouse full of crates and machinery. He had to be here. "Helloooo! I know you're in there, now come out and i'll be gentle! I promise!" Suddenly, a rather large shape rose up behind her, ready to strike...

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Xeni had barely raised her hand to calm the child down before she took off in the direction of the thief. A pause in time before the crowd of the market encircled her again. She contemplated actually staying and just buying another back-up. But then that would be rude towards the young girl should she really catch the man.

A long sigh. How did she get mixed with such people? She turned towards the direction the two had ran and took off as well, gracefully dodging people and running into the occasional droid. She could on really guess where they had gone as she started to enter an area full of warehouses.

Great, now she was lost.
------

Suddenly, a high pitched scream echoed throughout the warehouses. Scarlet pulled a small slab of metal from her robe, it lengthening to a full-sized scythe, as she noticed the giant droid behind her. After her initial shock, she began to attack the monstrosity. "Get!" SLASH. "Back!" She had made a few deep cuts, but the machine continued to advance.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Screeching echoed from one of the buildings. Bingo! S he bolted towards the disturbance, turning into a warehouse. There stood the girl from before but this time with a shiny new weapon. She was.. fighting air? Xeni paused while she processed this. Ah, right. Perhaps a droid? Not exactly common, but not surprising. She noticed some boxes in front of the girl-child and what she guessed was behind the enemy.

Oh, boy. This could go embarrassingly wrong. Taking a chance, Xeni reached out to the boxes and pulled hard on one of them. The boxes eventually came tumbling towards the girl and her enemy.

Xeni really hoped she had guessed right and was about to topple the boxes in the right direction.
--------

When Scarlet saw the boxes tumbling down, she didn't waste any time. Jumping out of the way, she watched as the droid lost
it's balance and fell. This was the perfect time to strike. Jumping high, she dealt the killing blow with her scythe, then landed in a crouch, folding her weapon back up. "Thanks! That was some quick thinking, you saved my life. Thanks!" She giggled softly then turned around, where she saw the thief hiding. Her eyes turned to steel and she walked over, cracking her knuckles. "I told you I would beat you to pulp, didn't i?! Now give us our stuff back!"

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Xeni had her hand raised to stop the child, but decided against it. By the looks of it, doing so would be in vain. I just hope she doesn't harm the fella. Mind you, Xeni didn't feel all that great bringing harm to the droid but she didn't expect the girl to hack into pieces either. Quietly moving forward, Xeni waited for either the silly thief to surrender or attempt to flee.

All she wanted was the darn tootin' machinery. Was that too hard to ask for?
------------
@[member="Scarlet Faith"] : I apologize for extremely short post.

(OOC: lol by my standards, that's actually a decent sized post :))

Scarlet walked over to the man and pulled him up roughly. "Alright, now give us our stuff, and I'll let you walk away with a broken arm, got it?" The thief paled and quickly emptied his pockets, an ammo clip among other things falling out. Scarlet then let him go, and he scrambled away, running out of the warehouse like he'd seen a ghost. "See? All done!" She picked up the items and brought them over to the blind woman. "Um... I understand you can't see, but do you think you could find what he stole?" She offered the items in her hand.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Xeni tilted her head at the young girl before picking out her machinery. Well, it saved her the time and money to go fetch a new one. She had been slightly more worried for the girl, but as Xeni saw earlier she probably could've handled it.

She moved her hands, signing to the girl whether or not she was ok or not.

"Umm...." Scarlet mimicked what the woman did with her hands... "...To you too. Can't you talk? I just noticed I haven't heard you speak even once so far. That, and you're blind... There's just too much going on." She hid her face, embarrassed. She didn't understand the woman's intentions, and therefore couldn't properly communicate with her. This was difficult.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

She seemed... embarrassed? Xeni's face frowned in worry. She did not want the young lady feeling that. But as it seems sign language was not the girl's forte. Instead, Xeni reached into her bag and pulled out a data pad and started to scribble on it. She really did hate that thing, simply because she had a sneaking suspicion that she had chicken scratch instead of handwriting. Xeni flipped over the pad towards the youngster, giving an encouraging smile.

'I'm not exactly blind. I can see for the most part. However, I am mute. I was asking if you are alright. I hope I didn't startle you. And thank you very much for fetching this for me. Anything I can do to repay you?'*
------------

Scarlet watched the woman scribble something down, then took the datapad when it was offered to her. Reading it carefully, her eyes widened. "Ohh.... That explains a lot. But hey, don't worry about it. No reward nessesary, promise." She giggled softly. "Besides, thanks for the concern, but I'm fine. I can handle myself very well, actually."

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

A small pout. Was she sure? Mind you, Xeni only took a thank you as reward. B"ut then again, she didn't go chasing after thieves and any other daring-do's on a daily basis either. That, and she felt bad for troubling a stranger for something she could have easily re-bought. Her eyebrows furrowed in worry.

Was there nothing she could possibly do to repay her? Or should she really leave as it is?

A large gurgle emitted from her stomach, her cheeks growing red. She took back the datapad and scribbled another question before handing it back to the girl.

How about lunch then?*

At least Xeni could do that much. Besides, food tasted better when accompanied.
-----------

A small smile rugged at Scarlet's face as she read th datapad once more. "Sure, I'd love to." She realized that this woman would be persistent in repaying the favor, and she was being really nice about it, so might as well. It was the least she could do, anyway. Scarlet didn't really need compensation, but it was nice to know that some people still had decency in the galaxy.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

A small smile of relief graced her face as Xeni nodded, and put away the datapad and goods. Finally, she gestured to follow her and left the warehouse, leaving behind the beaten up droid. Now Xeni probably shouldn't have taken the lead considering she couldn't exactly see the letters on some of the builldings. But surely finding a diner wasn't that hard? However, the midday crowd swarming about her quickly reminded her where exactly she was. This could easily would be turning into a lifelong quest than a simple side mission it seems.

Unbeknownst to her and perhaps her companion was a shadow that almost followed their every step. Just almost.
------------

As they walked along the street, Scarlet couldn't shake the feeling that sh was being watched. She turned bak a few times, but all she saw was the normal crowd that usually ran through the city. Thinking nothing of it, she continued to follow her new friend to wherever they were heading to.

@[member="Xeni Kraylu"]

Eventually they came across a quaint little restaurant and Xeni indicated to the booths when asked where to sit. booths always felt better to her for some odd reason. After sitting down and ordering her drinks, she turned towards the girl and scribbled on the datapad once again.

So, are you a student of some discipline? Or, perhaps you work somewhere?*

Indeed it was just small talk, but you know know what one could learn from small talk.
---------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom