Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market?

Jed Kerkov

Family? Who needs family when you got credits!
Well I know there isn't a really stable way of controlling the money I think we should have a stock market. Now I would run it along with some backup people when I can't through my company. Now companies could buy a spot in the market along with a certain amount of shares. The way it would work is the company would send in a report of what they sold and what contracts they had signed and I would have a chart that decides what effect it has on the percentage generator that decides how their stock is doing.

But as I said earlier I need some backup people to do it when I can't and they need to be unbiased to a certain degree. Another problem is I don't know how often to put up a change in the market because the company needs to put in a report before I do it and it takes some time to do it. Also I need to work on the chart with other people to see what is fair and not. I have prepared a small crude chart for your viewing to see how it works:

No report -1 percent (The tock will have more chance of negative growth)

Less than tier required income -1<->-5 (How this works is if a company brings in a tier I income and they are a tier IV they get a -3 or if they get a tier II income and they are a tier VI they get a -4. But i still need to decide what makes a tier I - Tier VI incomes)

Made income +1

More than regular income +2

Signed contract with Minor faction +1

Signed contract with major faction +3

Robbery or attack on your company (A successful one) -2

Failed robbery or attack on Company +2

So if anyone is interested and the Admins give it the ok I can do this. With some help of course.

Oh wow.

To be honest, the sheer amount of trouble implementing a currency would be nothing on trying to get a stock exchange working. Even very heavily abstracted there are so many things to consider here that I couldn't even begin to think about.

Basically, modern finance is insanely complicated and any abstraction which could possibly work would be so simplified to the point it would be better off not existing.

if you'd like to RP a stock exchange, that's cool, but know it will likely never be part of the site's design or official modules.

Re-reading this (its late ;) ) Sounds fun as a small side thing going on for company RP (minor faction), might even lead to a bank or loan type company growing quick, as your deals would be with others involving shares.

A proper stock market would need a proper economy system to function. And as far as that's concerned, I'm just going to link this, older thread on the subject of expanding the economic system. You can definitely do this with some possible success as a minor faction as the others have said, just don't expect it to be implemented site-wide or anything like that.

Minor faction, that's a good way of doing this... no real economic system here outside of making sense though. So Jed, I'd simply suggest making a minor faction like a few others have suggested

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom