Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still Friends

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Subject: Hey
Sent: Benduday at 5:32pm
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Kaile,

Hey there. I'm not entirely sure where you are or what you're doing, but I'm sending this directly to The Messa so in theory you should be able to get it, if not maybe the SIS will pass it on to you or something. Either way, I hope this message finds you.

I know that when you left you weren't feeling well, and...I can't change that, but you're still my best friend.

After you left on The Messa I spent a few days on the farm, but that got old real quick. I decided that I needed to do something more, that I couldn't just stay at home. I went and saw Jamie on Naboo and we spent some time together. She's doing great as Queen, and I'm happy for her but I felt...well sort of useless. I know I'm not the smartest guy and It sort of started to weigh on me a little bit. It's not her fault of course, she loves me and cares about me, but when it comes to being an adult...I think she's just ahead of me.

After I talked to her about it I decided to take a step forward.

Thanks to her, and to you, I've grown as a person. I was always running before I met you guys, moving away, but...somethings changed. It's for the better, and after thinking on it, I decided to go back to school. I was never really good at it, but I remember all that time we spent on The Messa and The Coil. Turns out there's a degree for that stuff, and so I'm going for it.

My dad helped me a little with entrance exams and Jamie's family was nice enough to put in a good word so I was able to get into Kalinda University.

You wouldn't believe this place Kaile, it's as big as a city and the people here are more curious than a baby Nexu.

It's amazing, but harder than I ever thought it'd be. I have to call Jamie or my dad almost every night to ask for help, classes are boring and homework is almost impossible, but I'm pushing my way through it. I'm trying to be better, thanks to you.

Anyway, I figured you might want to hear about that. I hope you're safe, I know the galaxy isn't doing well and it's your job to try and save it, but look after yourself. I still care about my friend.

-Kurt

Incoming transmission...
//Decrypting....
//Status... ok!

Subject: Hiya
Sent: Centaxday at 2:47pm
[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Hey Kurt,

Been a while. Sorry. It's just been a ruckus and I know already its been a long while since I've sent any word. Ended up being sent out deep undercover and they wouldn't let me send anything out. Sorry.

Seems like all I can do is just keep saying sorry.

Thank you for writing. Was a surprise to see it and it made my day. I still hurt. Kinda still feel hollow. More so being so far away from you... but I can't seem to bring anyone but hurt lately. I know it's all in my head but I reckon it is just me needing to figure it out, y'know?

Things used to be so much easier.

So you going to college? How is that? Never did proper schoolin myself so it was always a wonder. What sort of things are they making you do?

Got a bit confused what you meant about Jamie and Naboo. I'd talk more but can't spend too long in this connection.

Take care of yourself Kurt. Thank you... for not giving up on me.

I love you,

Kaile

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Subject: RE: Hey
Sent: Centaxday at 5:32pm
[member="Kaileann Vera"]

Hey Kaile!

It's been a few months since your message, I wasn't sure if I should hit you back up immediately or wait a while...figured that either way you wouldn't get to it for a while. You sounded pretty busy in your last message so I figured that it was best to wait.

Either way, whenever this finds you I figured I'd finally reply.

You know you'll always be my friend, no matter what hurt or anything else like that. You'll always have a home with me, whether on Tatooine or The Messa.

University is harder than I thought it would be. Book learnin ain't easy for me and well...I've needed a lot of help. I have to holo-call Jamie or my dad for every big assignment, and I'm sure that they're getting rather annoyed about it but...I've made real progress. It's hard, don't get me wrong, but I'm starting to get things that sort of just flew over my head. Which really reminds me, I have big news! Some woman showed up and we worked on a project together, something clicked and...I've created a new drive!

It's pretty complicated, and honestly I don't understand any of the actual math behind it but the thing is sort of a mush of both a hyperdrive and a normal ion engine. It's weird, but totally awesome. The thing kicks you to near hyperspeed before you even jump. It's faster than anything I've ever experienced and that's saying something.

You'd love it.

Anyway, I'm not sure what will come of that but everyone seems pretty excited about it. I really hope I can show you some day...maybe soon?

I'll explain how the drive works when I see you next, tell you about Jamie, everything.

I hope you're keeping safe, and remember, I'm always here if you need help with anything.

Kurt.

Incoming transmission...
//Decrypting....
//Status... ok!

Subject: Hiya
Sent: Benduday
at 1:09am
[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Hey Kurt,

I miss you.

I know I should have started out by responding to what you wrote in your last letter--- but so much time has passed and even more crazy events have unfolded that I don't even reckon I know where to begin. Save that I miss you.

I don't have much time to write, I'm being sent off to a long-term mission so I don't know when I'll be back --- But I wanted to say that I love you and I miss you and I'm so sorry that I was such a mess. I reckon I am still a bit, but I'm getting better.

I am glad school seems to be going well for you. A little jealous that you tinkered with a hyperdrive, but I'm glad you got to build it.

I gotta go, but please... stay safe.

Love you,

Kaile

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom