Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Sticks and Stones | Commenor

mgbav2z.png

Sticks and Stones
Commenor
Tags: Open

5GKFNrC.png

It was getting late.

Phobos found herself becoming more active at night, not really wanting to interact with people in the daytime. She had become keenly aware that she was... wrong, in a sense. The Ashspawn drew attention to herself in ways she didn't really like, prefering to not have to explain what she is to every being she meets. Or really, her lack of understanding about what she is. Of course, as the days passed, the young woman would find herself feeling a sensation that she knew she would have to go near people to solve: Hunger.

But she couldn't just eat anything. No. Phobos, being the strange entity that she was, had a craving for gemstones. Unfortunately they seemed to be highly valuable at every corner she turned around. A small festival on Commenor, further from the spaceport and close by the sea, was one such location where they seemed to be impossible to get. She watched from a distance as one booth sold what was being called Chrysopaz, all but out of reach.

Still, there was one booth that was left unattended near an alleyway, one which seemed to have exactly what she needed to sustain herself. Gemstones of all different colors! They were all even prepared ornately on sticks, almost as if they were begging to be eaten. Phobos didn't want to stoop to the low of stealing, but she was rather hungry. One. She took one, fleeing into the night to an abandoned peer to observe the colorful gemstones on a stick that she had procured for herself. The Ashspawn let the gems enter her mouth, crunching down and... Slowly retracting them. They weren't gemstones at all.

It was nothing more than colorful sugar.

Phobos could really only hang her head in embarrassment. It felt like she was so close to finally getting something in her system, and yet it all was effort wasted. She couldn't even eat what she had stolent.

All the Ashspawn could do now was just look out at the ocean, sitting on the end of the peer. She was so hungry...

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
laphisto had come to Commenor to pay respects to the men he had lost nearly thousands of years ago. Looking over the ancient memorial, he frowned slightly, reading over the names - as best he could, all things considering - he had fought here during the Mandalorian wars and again during the Jedi Civil War. While he was never memorialized in stone like the fallen soldiers, he had led all those days ago. he couldn't help but feel a tinge of anger at the Jedi who had used him as a weapon. time and time again, anger left as quickly as it had appeared. He, after all, eagerly volunteered to be their weapon, to prove himself worthy of their grace.

Placing a scaled hand against the stone wall, he took a deep breath, rumbling out as he traced over the names, trying to find one familiar—someone he knew. But it was a rather large memorial, and he couldn't search for every name. So instead, he pushed the force into his eyes, a teal blue flash rolling over his iris, and he saw through the force. Peering into his surroundings, he would have kept staring at that wall if it hadn't been for the strange presence he had seen. A force signature rushed down an alleyway, spotting Phobos Phobos and tilting his head.

With a tinge of curiosity, he pried softly, sensing her disappointment. he had seen all manner of species and force signatures, but he had never seen a signature such as the one he was looking at now. Curiosity seemed to get the better of him, and he soon found himself walking after her. until she got to the ocean's edge, his taloned feet clacking against the wood. The force still flooded off him as he did no care to hide his force presence or didn't know how. his eyes holding that teal blue as he approached "my apologies, i hope I'm not interrupting. i couldn't help but notice you run from the market earlier"

Laphisto crossed his arms over his chest, the glow fading as he gave a small wince, a hand reaching up and rubbing at the bridge of his nose before looking back at the girl. a glair plastered upon his face - or was he squinting? - the Dragonoid before her was adorned in a Customized Set of LO-56A MKII armor, with a Broad Saber mag locked to his hip

Commenor
Tags: Laphisto Laphisto

5GKFNrC.png

"my apologies, i hope I'm not interrupting. i couldn't help but notice you run from the market earlier"

"Eep!"

Phobos let out a squeak, jumping a little at the sudden appearende of a voice. She clearly wasn't expecting anyone else to be there. The Ashspawn all but dropped the rock candy she had with her into the see, scrambling to regain composure. She whipped around to see...

A giant man in armor. To say that Phobos was intimidated by the sight was an understatement. She let out another squeak as she tried to steady herself enough to talk. This wasn't what she was expecting her day to be like.

"H-hey!" Phobos stammered in frustration. "Y-you shouldn't sneak up on people like that! I could have fallen in!"

Falling in world have put out her flame, and thus weeken her connection to the force for a period of time. She very much did not want to have to go through that.

Laphisto perked his lone ear at the girl's statement, a slight chuckle rolling from his throat and gently giving a slight nod her way, bringing a hand up to clear his throat, the glare still prevalent on his face." My apologies, it wasn't my intent. To sneak up on you. I had sensed your presence and was well sought to investigate. I can't say I have ever seen anything like you."

Crossing his arms over his chest, laphisto let one hand grip his chin in thought, his brow furrowing softly." you seemed distressed, and I was wondering if you needed any assistance?" laphisto smiled somewhat as he extended the offer. A feature that didn't quite pair well with his squinting look. For the most part, he knew he was looking at a humanoid with flowing green hair and dark ash-colored skin. The fact that the hair was a glowing flame and her head was detached from her body. However, at least for now, those were aspects he didn't know about.

He had to look down at the girl as he stood seven foot eight. His wings rustled slightly on his back, and his tail swayed from side to side, flicking in random directions, throwing extra weight. and acting like a counterbalance to help him stand on his two Digit-graded legs. He noticed the girl's nervousness and tried to make her feel more relaxed by opening his body language, uncrossing his arms, and letting them hang at his sides. Key word being try

Phobos Phobos

Commenor
Tags: Laphisto Laphisto

5GKFNrC.png

"I don't need assistance," Phobos insisted. "But thank you for the offer."

It was the armor mostly. She wasn't sure how she felt about getting wrapped up with someone who clearly had a military focus. Phobos frankly wasn't someone with an interest in dipping her toes into that sort of thing. She saw the recruitment pipeline... Not that she knew where this instinct even came from. It felt like there should be a memory there, but the Ashspawn could really only draw a blank.

Of course, it probably didn't help that the first thing he said was 'I haven't seen anything like you.' She was strange, but that hurt a little. It couldn't be helped, and she was certain there was no malice, but Phobos didn't like that kind of attention. So instead she simply decided to dodge it. And her distress for that matter. She didn't want to divulge to a stranger. It had worked out well when she was on Sacorria, but here? Phobos was starting to become more keenly aware of how lucky she had been with the meeting she had that day. A gentle sigh escaped from her.

"You know, I find people are generally more approachable without battle armor," she observed. "It seems overkill for a civilian world... It's not like we're in a warzone."

Laphisto raised a brow at her words before glancing down at his armor. A small chuckle soon rolled from his throat, followed by a slight shake of his head. " my apologies. In my line of work, armor is a much-needed necessity. Besides, do you know how hard it is to find something that fits my biology?" Laphisto's brow raised, and he spread his wings almost as if to emphasize his point. Shooting the girl another small smile and even giving a slight chuckle to try and drive the end of his small joke home.

He wasn't exactly the best regarding small talk with civilians. He had been a Jedi for much of his life and a soldier for even longer. "Alas, I won't keep you bothered much longer; if you say you are alright, I will take you at your word. I had traveled to Commenor to pay my respects to the war memorial" he gave a slight bow towards her, a closed fist smacking into his chest piece "May balance guide your hand. And may your journey be unburdened of hardship"

Phobos Phobos

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom