Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D94-C6981-020-F-4-C95-BE25-7421425-C7-B69.gif

S T E P S_I N T O_T H E_S H A D O W S

FINAL DAWN
O'REEN, UNKNOWN REGIONS

Never before had Marlon Sularen felt so anxious. After the Jedi-led incursions across the Maw Corridor, the High Regent had determined that such a strike was designed as a prelude to a larger offensive devised by the Galactic Alliance, an offensive which according to the High Regent would most likely be carried out with the intent of outright closing the Maw Corridor. If such an offensive was to succeed, it would be disastrous for the Final Dawn and undermine Sularen’s ongoing plans to bring the Final Dawn to new heights of power.

If Sularen was to avert such a disaster he would need to act quickly and find the answers that were the key to stopping the Alliance right in the middle of its tracks, through whatever means necessary. In order to accomplish such a thing, he had sought out individuals whose abilities enabled him to acquire what he needed. One such individual was Cedwyn Blaidd, a Force User Mercenary who often worked for both sides of a conflict and specialized in hunting and assasination. Even though Sularen knew he could not be fully trusted, his abilities as a Force User would be enough to help him resolve the very unfortunate situation he currently found himself in.

As such, seated in his office within Fort Maximus’ Grand O’reenian Palace, the High Regent patiently waited for the arrival of his guest. If he was going to avert a crisis that may lead to his downfall, he would need all the help he could get, even if it came from morally grey individuals who would show no hesitation in helping his enemies. It was a big risk, but one that he was willing to take to achieve ultimate victory.

Tags | Cedwyn Blaidd Cedwyn Blaidd

Equipment: 2x Blaster pistols, blaster rifle, Echani vibrosword, Lightsaber
Outfit: This
Tag: Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

A contact had reached out and informed Cedwyn that there were calls being made by some Brotherhood of the Maw type, it was a someone looking to hire him for work. Cedwyn was curious, he couldn't help but see what job this guy wanted, especially since it was a call out for Force User mercenaries and Cedwyn hadn't really been actively stating he was one. There was a curiosity on how his Force Sensitivity background had been found. Where had he been sloppy or who had he trusted that let the information slip? There were only a handful of others who knew, people he had saved, contractors who saw him kill using the Force and one or two who might have realised the separated parts of his Lightsaber was the weapon of a Force User. Cedwyn told the contact to give him the details of the meeting and allow the arrangement to go through, it was an opportunity that the bounty hunter could not afford to miss out on.

Walking into the fortress, he looked around, it was the typical structure you would expect from an imperial, dictatorship style ruler. Lacking creativity or artistic expression or flair. It was designed to be lasting, defendable and strong. Cedwyn had his rifle strapped to his back, his pistols in their holsters and his Echani vibrosword was sheathed to his waist. His Lightsaber was in two parts and hidden on his body to look like scrap parts that he carried around with him. Cedwyn made no attempts to disarm himself and any that approached him to do so were quickly told that he would not. He did not care who he was seeing, he was not going in unarmed against someone who he did not know the intentions of.

Entering the room where the man he was suppose was, Cedwyn looked around with a smirk on his lips. "You imperial types really do love your minimal, brutish architecture." Cedwyn commented as he looked around with his steely gaze. "Suppose self expression might be seen as some form of rebellion." He laughed, enjoying the tease as it would give him an insight into the man opposite him.

"Why do you want me here then? Got a job?" Cedwyn asked, cutting the small talk short, he held no love for either side, this was business and the sooner the details were shared, the sooner the job got done. Once done, he gets paid and that was always nice.

FINAL DAWN
O'REEN, UNKNOWN REGIONS

Sularen watched as his guest entered the room, immediately proceeding to comment on the Neo-Imperial Architecture that was prominent across Fort Maximus and within the Grand O'reenian Palace. Before the High Regent could even respond, Blaidd proceeded to speak once more immediately getting straight to the point. The High Regent smiled as Blaidd finished speaking, he was a straightforward man and was clearly someone who did not wish to waste his time on simply peasantries, a "shoot first and ask questions later" type of attitude, something which Sularen had alot of respect for. As such, the High Regent decided to oblige and proceeded to respond to the Force-Sensitive Assassin.

"I must say i've heard alot from your Mr.Blaidd, and your reputation does precede you. I could use the services of someone like you, especially given the current state of the ongoing Second Great Hyperspace War, and as such what i'm offering is not a single job, but a multitude of jobs which will involve various different tasks ranging form assassinations, manhunts, and the occasional sabotage and intelligence gathering, domains which you most certainly specialize in. Although i must say that some of these jobs are quite challenging and are highly risky"

Cedwyn tilted his head and crossed his arms, thinking on the proposition that this man was offering him. Some bounty hunters would be excited at the opportunity for long term work, steady jobs. Cedwyn was not such a hunter, he was never one for steady work since it was harder for him to work both sides and ensuring that things were balanced as well as not cutting ties completely with people that he had enjoyed working with in the past. He put his hands in his jacket pockets and looked at the imperial.

"I do not take long term job contracts. I find that they are never as profitable or my style, you can attempt to hire me for work when you have a job come up. But I will not tie myself towards you, that just isn't me." Cedwyn stated firmly. "So, tell me what job you have now but don't expect me to be as readily available as your own people. I do my own work as my own pace." His tone was firm, he might be a bounty hunter but he wasn't jumping because he is told to jump.

FINAL DAWN
O'REEN, UNKNOWN REGIONS

It would seem as things would be a little bit more complicated then envisioned. As soon as Sularen finished speaking, Blaidd proceeded to respond in a firm manner, stating that while he would accept the occasional job from the High Regent, he was nevertheless unwilling accept any long-term commitment to the High Regent. It was quite rare for a Bounty Hunter to refuse any long-term commitments as most would jump at the opportunity to be provided with a long-term employer. But it was understandable that Blaidd would refuse to do so, especially given his tendency to fight for both sides of a conflict. For now, Sularen would have to make use of Blaidd's abilities while he could and then see how he could ensure that such abilities could never be used against him.

"Very well then, Mr. Blaidd. But first i must ask you, are you familiar with the New Jedi Order?" Sularen then proceeded to take out a holopuck from his desk and proceeded to slide it across the table towards the Force-Sensitive Bounty Hunter. Soon, a holographic image would come into view displaying the face of a young teenage human male with brown hair. "This is Cailen Corso Cailen Corso , a young Padawan of the New Jedi Order. I want you to bring him to me, alive and in good condition."

"The reason for why i require someone like you is because of the possibility of more powerful Jedi moving in to intervene to protect the young Padawan, and from previous experiences any soldiers from within my own arsenal are quite unsuited for such confrontations. Not to mention the fact that the New Jedi Order will be quick to take the appropriate measures to find and liberate their captured comrade from which i would also require your assistance in repelling. A 2-in-1 High-Risk, High-Reward Job if you would say."

"New Jedi Order? I might have heard some things about them." He had been threatened with arrest by a Jedi Master he had later researched as a high ranking member of the New Jedi Order. Valery Noble Valery Noble had been someone he thought to keep tabs on to avoid when on missions since she would always find a way to stop him, he could just tell that but it was also due to the fact that he was unable to deny his attraction to her. A powerful warrior who not only could match him in a fight, but beat him, it was something deeply alluring that he could not resist knowing more of her.

Looking at the image of the kid, Cedwyn raised his eyebrow, he knew he could take the kid and bring him here but at the same time. Something felt wrong in bringing a child to such an establishment. "A kid costs more. A lot more. Ain't gunna be easy to take a Padawan with no Master around to deal with. And even then, gunna need the equipment to nullify the Force around him and ensure he is quiet. Likely voidstone dagger or something, which won't be cheap to purchase." Voidstone was something Cedwyn was not a fan of since he did not like working with Force negating items but his own connection being diminished as it was, he rarely felt much effect.

"Other Jedi chasing after me is inevitable and should be able to get outta dodge easy enough with a swift enough vessel. I can deliver the kid here, but you can't defend yourself from him being recaptured, my presence ain't changing that. The New Jedi Order likely send their best, I ain't beating their best. So, you wanna keep hold of the kid, you find a way to ensure he isn't discovered." Cedwyn was not gunna do a suicide defence when he knew odds would be far from successful. "My life be risked enough taking the kid, defending you from Jedi recapturing him is suicide on my end. I bring him to you, you gotta handle the GA on your own. No credits make me stay." It was a firm line since Cedwyn knew if Valery was on the chance, he would be better off far from the scene. For his safety and future flirtatious opportunities.

Crossing his arms, Cedwyn looked at the imperial, "any idea where this kid will be? His skills? Weaknesses? Any info bar his name?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom