Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Stealth Technology

A new clarification on Stealth Technology has been issued to clarify what counts as Stealth Technology and what doesn't.

Link to the page: Here

The following has been added to the Restricted Materials page:

Stealth technology is defined as any technology which will block or prevent something from being detected. While cloaking is a form of stealth technology it is not the only form of stealth technology available. Technology which allows an object to remain visible but prevents it from being seen on scanners then it is also a form of stealth technology.

For example, the "Blinder" 4B2 jamming array which uses bursts of data to "disrupt enemy sensors and impede detection" is a good example of a technology which does not block sensors and so doesn't require a submission to be semi-unique.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am a bit unclear on this.

You begin by saying, " Technology which allows an object to remain visible but prevents it from being seen on scanners then it is also a form of stealth technology."

But then you use as an example, ", the "Blinder" 4B2 jamming array which uses bursts of data to "disrupt enemy sensors and impede detection" is a good example of a technology which does not block sensors and so doesn't require a submission to be semi-unique."

Which seems to directly contradict the criteria, since it 'impedes detection' while the object remains visible.

Can you clarify?

John Locke John Locke - Can I suggest an alternative way to set basically the same standards without footnotes, just rearranging and condensing the elements of the Restricted Materials section for clarity? Adopt/adapt/cannibalize/ignore as you see fit.

The following Restricted Materials may only be used in submissions where the quantity is Unique, Semi-Unique, Limited, or Minor. The more powerful the submission becomes, the fewer of them there should be.

The following Restricted Materials may only be used in submissions where the quantity is Unique or Semi-Unique.

So if I understand this right

Stealth has any of the these traits:
  • Invisible to normal vision (visible light spectrum)
  • Undetectable to sensor technology
Stealth is not:
  • The active disruption of sensory technology

Stealth when it comes to sensor technology is non-interactive, it does not interact with the sensory technology proactively but reactively. Electronic Warfare (EWAR) like effects such as the active targeting of sensor technology (to disrupt or destroy) is not defined as Stealth.

This is how I'm compartmentalizing the information, if I'm wrong just let me know

Hello,

I am a bit unclear on this.

You begin by saying, " Technology which allows an object to remain visible but prevents it from being seen on scanners then it is also a form of stealth technology."

But then you use as an example, ", the "Blinder" 4B2 jamming array which uses bursts of data to "disrupt enemy sensors and impede detection" is a good example of a technology which does not block sensors and so doesn't require a submission to be semi-unique."

Which seems to directly contradict the criteria, since it 'impedes detection' while the object remains visible.

Can you clarify?

Impeding detection isn't the same as blocking it. If you impede detection or disrupt it, you still appear on their sensors but you're fuzzy and hard to lock onto. If you block detection they can't see you on their sensors at all.

Cay-Yo Cay-Yo

I think that's it but nothing is destroyed, just disrupted.

Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill

I really like that actually. I'll try to simply it in a similar way during the holiday shutdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom