Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

state mandated 1000 post character feedback thread

if they're watching anyways
to be fair a bunch of these posts are probably welcomes or other OOC stuff but ive written a lot of words ok let me have this

I've been writing Auteme for- oh my god, almost three years- and I've enjoyed every word. She's gone from a timid padawan to a fiery Senator (and even further soon, I suspect). I'd say more, but there's been so much, whether it's stuff I've written, the many changes for me IRL over this little character's life, or the trillion small improvements I've made to my writing throughout (thanks Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok ). I also don't have anything specific on my mind like I usually do when I ask for feedback, so go wild and tell me what you think of Auteme and her story thus far.

to another 1000 (oh god oh fu-)

The humanoid flashlight's not quite as good as TRAA Auteme, but she's up there.

I've written with her a few times and they've all been enjoyable, even the one where you forgot about the thread and we ended up wrapping it up with three sentences several months later. Especially that one, actually - that made me chuckle.

While I've hardly looked at her and how you write her in any depth, I do think she has a distinct and defined personality that comes across quite well in the posts and narratives I've seen. She's fun to read and plausible enough, which is what matters most to me.

Remind me to actually read some Senate debates for once, they sound fun.​

I don't go out of my way to read other people's writing if it isn't in a thread I'm already in (just a time constraint, sadface), but in several of the threads I've been in that I have seen Auteme in I do recall taking the time to read the posts and enjoying more or less all of what I've read. Particularly the whole senator-jedi thing during the Coruscant thread and afterwards as things I remember off the top of my head.

Auteme Auteme

ok I serious critique now

I haven't been reading your posts as much lately, both because I think you've been busy IRL and because Auteme's switch from Jedi to Senator kinda puts her outside of my usual threads. I also don't really have a whole lot to say that I or others haven't stated already, so... hm.

I've noticed that she's hardened since leaving the Jedi, becoming a little more abrasive, maybe even rude? I think that was your intention though. Her experience on Coruscant was the inciting incident that prompted this shift, which makes sense. She's no longer so innocent, and no longer as willing to show softness - as a politician, she can't afford to seem vulnerable.

People meeting her now, with no idea about her past, are going to wonder why she's such a hard-ass. You can play with that idea, have her wonder why people are turned off, or have her start to no longer care about what others think of her, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom