Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Starship Spreadsheet working?

Hi factory Team,

Hope you're all well.

I've tried to use the starship spreadsheet, but it seems to be uneditable on my end. Am I doing something wrong or is it the sheet's fault?

Please reply ASAP or as soon as you have availability to do so.

If it is me that's wrong, then can you please send over a shareable version so that I can edit it to try out different "builds"

Thanks again

K.M

The Dark Inquisitor The Dark Inquisitor

Good morning. While I'm not a direct member of the factory team, perhaps I can help in this regard. I do know that the Excel Spreadsheet in question can be finicky at times. The most likely culprit of it not being editable on your end is that Microsoft seems to be requiring a license to utilize any of the Microsoft Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc etc). This may be the likely issue if you haven't outright purchased Microsoft Excel to utilize the program.

If this isn't the case, I would suggest working without the sheet as the ratings are relatively easy to understand and pick up with a bit of practice.

The Following Tables should be able to assist you.

Production Rating
Mass-Produced​
0​
Minor​
+1​
Limited​
+2​
Semi-Unique​
+3​
Unique​
+4​

Technical Ratings
None​
+3​
Very Low​
+2​
Low​
+1​
Average​
0​
High​
-1​
Very High​
-2​
Extreme​
-3​

If you have further questions, I pop around the Starship Factory frequently and would have no issue assisting in the event that the Factory Team is unavailable. You can reach me directly via the site DM or you can find me in the GA Discord.

Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn
Thanks for posting!

So If I am understanding it right, a unique ship will have a higher initial rating/ points that it can use?

And the higher a piece of tech is the more points you spend, meaning the less you have to spend on other pieces of tech such as speed, armour or armerments.

So, if I was to make a Unique Corvette class that is meant for a Sith Inquisitor, what would I be starting with point wise overall.

The Dark Inquisitor The Dark Inquisitor

That would be correct. A Unique Production ship starts off with +4 Points that it can allocate to the other ratings.

All Ships start at a 0 Point with all ratings at Average or at their Highest (in regards to a Corvette) - An Example would be

Corvette (50 meters)
Production
Mass-Produced​
0​
Armament
Average​
0​
Defense
Average​
0​
Hangar Space
Extreme​
0​
Maneuverability
Average​
0​
Speed
Average​
0​

In this example, because the 50m Corvette does not have the room for a Hangar, its Hangar Space starts at its highest rating, however, you would not be penalized for it starting at Extreme.

A Unique Corvette as an Example, keeping to that 50 meters, that focuses on speed and maneuverability would look something like this

Corvette (50 meters)
Production
Unique​
+4​
Armament
Average​
0​
Defense
Average​
0​
Hangar Space
Extreme​
0​
Single Craft Hangar
Yes / No​
Not Applicable​
Maneuverability
Very High​
-2​
Speed
Very High​
-2​

This would be an example of a Balanced Ship as a 50m ship does not have the capacity for a hangar, it starts at its highest rating instead of the base rating of Average, though it still remains at a Value of 0 Points.

The Single Craft Hangar is not taken into account for balancing, though should be noted in Strengths and Weaknesses if it is utilized.

With the starting build at Unique providing +4 Points, allocating those points to increase the Maneuverability and Speed by 2 levels would consume those starting points.

An example of an Over Powered Corvette, still following that 50m, would look like this

Corvette (50 meters)
Production
Unique​
+4​
Armament
High​
-1​
Defense
High​
-1​
Hangar Space
Extreme​
0​
Single Craft Hangar
Yes / No​
Not Applicable​
Maneuverability
Very High​
-2​
Speed
Very High​
-2​

In this example, our Corvette is Overpowered by 2 Points and would need to reduce its Ratings either by reducing the Armaments and Defense back to Average or by reducing the Maneuverability and Speed by 1 (or reducing either of those ratings by 2)

Tryk think this very good info.
Very much smart.
Tryk buy Jawa Juice for Amelia.
Don't worry.
Not made from real Jawa.

il_570xN.4685060627_7a7r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom