Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Star Wars High Republic - Jedi Knight at Sixteen

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Just finished reading the article Meet the Jedi Knights and Masters of the High Republic on StarWars.com. Gotta say. The last gal, "At sixteen, she is one of the youngest Knights in a generation." Makes me smirk as a fan writer. Because, come on. Of course she's a Jedi Knight at age sixteen. How hard of a job could it be? Lol. I remember being sixteen, having spent my whole life in the luxury of marble temples with daily classes on swordsmanship, unlimited access to a library bigger than the internet, and mastering my magical powers since I was a baby. Nahhh. I'm sure by sixteen I'd ready to take the Bar Exam, finally become a Jedi Lawyer, and then quickly move out of the temple and get a flat of my own. Lol.

I also love the mention of "They are all different, approaching the Force in individual and unique ways and yet are united in a common goal. They serve not out of unwavering dogma, but a deep passion to protect light and life." Ha! And here I thought I'd never see the word "passion" and "Jedi" in the same sentence again since the Prequel Era standardized the brown robes and dour hallways shuffling. Lol. Really great to see these writers having a blast with the new opportunity. Hope to see some wild stuff soon.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jsc Jsc

I see. Chaos is finally canon.

xKpm94v.jpg

I think, if done right, they can set this up to easily become the Prequel era Jedi. I can imagine this High Republic era is the "Republic Golden Age v2". This is where the Jedi and the Republic are without many enemies, the "Sith" or the "Dark Side" is largely stamped out or hidden (either by their own efforts or efforts of the Jedi to suppress such ideas), the whole concept that the Republic can live forever, etc.

I think, for us Warhammer 40,000 fans, it can kind of be likened to the Fall of the Eldar (or Aeldari or whatever they are now) in that greed, avarice and vice takes over the Republic, we see the rise of these major corporations and corporate blocs (Trade Fed, IGBC, Corporate Alliance, etc.) and that is how we land ourselves in the Prequel era. I think it can make sense but lets see if they do it lol

Reactions: Jsc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom