Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star wars combine.

Bunker-level Normal
Wow, it's been ages since I played Combine (actually, I checked, it's almost 10 years now). I very much doubt anyone on Chaos was around when I played, and you'd have to have been deep in the game to know my character. She was much more known as the wife of Auron Kun.

In its heyday, Combine was a lot of fun. So much intrigue and backstabbing politics. I fondly remember getting kicked off the CSA's Myorzo board, then turning around and selling its secrets to the Empire. I did offer them the database first, but for some reason the CSA didn't appreciate having its own discussions being held hostage...

I still log in every once in a while, if only to see how things have progressed. I'm surprised they haven't coded in maintenance by now, to make all the lurkers and idlers devoid of assets. I guess they're too busy trying to roll out the hyperspace game of snakes and ladders, and plotting for the day of the Great Newbie Purge (aka, galactic combat day #1).

That is pretty much it [member="Captain Jordan"], but interesting to find out who is who in the Chaos/Combine universes.

I only started in the combine in Year 13 and writing in the Chaos last year. So I definitely didn't know you in your prime.

[member="Captain Jordan"]

Yeah well before my time too. But I did love the ability to be able to 'actually', do over a faction if that was ones bag.

Saw it happen a couple of times, and kudos for those that had the guts to do it. I on the other hand, was the one looking out for the likes of you. :p

Bunker-level Normal
Now I sound like an old fart, but man, you should have been around before asset protection. Eidola played that trick quite a bit on different factions, they'd have someone go in and gain the ranks and trust, then rip off tons of assets as they jumped out. Or they'd turn someone high up in a faction (which often wasn't hard, players liked the romanticized pirating trope) and they'd grab whatever they had access to.

Some other people did it for the lolz, too, but I do believe it was Eidola's theft of an Imperial Star Destroyer that prompted the feature. The admins always did love their GE.

Funny enough, [member="Captain Jordan"] and I met on the Combine 11 years ago or so now. We somehow managed to survive each other's writing critiques over all that time and he ended up dragging me over here a year or so ago now. How time flies...

/gets off old man chair and stops wagging cane at youngsters on my metaphorical asteroid lawn

I was the victim of an Eidola assassination, in fact. A contract that was taken out by the Wraiths most likely, though I never cared to find out. They had just introduced the concept of arrest/execute and I foolishly stumbled into a trap they set up for me. In the month between characters I moved over to the Descriptions team. I think some of my work still exists but they didn't credit back then so it's hard to tell/remember.

Good times, good times.

Bunker-level Normal
Jorj Kell said:
Funny enough, Captain Jordan and I met on the Combine 11 years ago or so now.
We actually met on RP88. We just happened to both be in the Combine at the time as well. ;)

Was it really 2005? I thought it was 2006.

[member="Captain Jordan"]: It's been a long time. I get my years and sites confused. 2004 was when I joined the Combine. Anything that happened between then and now is a blur.

/sits back on old man chair and resumes wagging cane

[member="George O Rourke"]: The Combine is a pretty great place to meet folks. You'll encounter large swathes of people all at once, not unlike Chaos. The white scenarios are still my fondest memories, where my interest in actually writing Star Wars began. Never finished one of those buggers though.

[member="George O Rourke"]: Crazy? Oh, yes. Without a doubt. Join faction: automatically make 9 friends. Lead faction: automatically make 30 more. Ally your faction under a government umbrella: all the friends. Then go on irc and just have a ball. Sometimes literally.

Proudest Combine moment: being on the uno room's leaderboard in the irc before they removed the room and bot. Wish I had a screen cap of that.

Back before the map was redone in order to better align with Modi's (Legends canon) designs, it was in whatever bloody order the admins wanted it to be with no real rhyme or reason. And there was good knowledge that there were a whole load a "hidden" systems out there. Part of my duties back in the day was to fly in a recon YWing from one pixel to the next, scanning every system within our (Antarian Rangers for me at the time) territory trying to find a hidden planet. One pixel to an adjacent pixel in a recon YWing was about 30 minutes... So much time spent... finding absolutely nothing.

Yeah, that's crazy.

Yeah been there and done that aye [member="Jorj Kell"]

Spend so much time, although mine were mostly done in A-wings, half the trip time. Still takes a load of time to search a sector. Personally never found one, but my faction had done, hit three in the same sector.

But yes IRC is great fun at times. Been a while since I've had a big chat with lots of people, but the good conversations between the few work fine too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom