Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Battlefront (EA)

So last December I caved in and shelled out $50 for the Season Pass of Star Wars: Battlefront. As many of you have heard there was a lot of controversy surrounding EA releasing a basically an 'unfinished product' and asking for money to get the entire experience through season pass or individual packs (Bespin, Outer Rim, Death Star, and soon to come Rogue One DLC featuring Scarif!)

My first impression of the game back when it was first released was simply 'Meh' and I thought the idea of paying extra for content that 'back in the day' would be included in the base game pretty ridiculous.

However I'm pretty pleased with the DLC and while I had an issue with Hutt Contracts at first, I've warmed up to them now that I've completed a few.

Attention to detail is AMAZING. But the game sometimes feels like style over substance even though it's hella fun....at least at times.

Some of the newer weapons IMO that get spammed like the Dioxis grenades (Most ESPECIALLY those) can be annoying, but I guess that can be remedied by 'gittin gud'. xD

It's kind of a shame that space battles are ONLY featured in the Death Star DLC.

And I admit it would've been nice to have appearances by Tusken Raiders who could randomly attack and omg can you imagine if you're in the Ice Caves map and a Wampa pops out?!

I hope they stop being so uptight and maybe have some Clone Wars and Rebels stuff in the next game.

The Cons

• Every gun feels the same.
  • Very Few Maps
  • Rebels almost always lose
  • Cool Villains, Lame Good Guys
  • Super Pretty to look at, boring after a few hours
  • Very little wiggle room for creativity in your approaches or retreats.
  • No Classes or Special Talents. Just weird cards
  • Horrible Customization that you must grind hours for to get something semi-cool.
  • MICRO-TRANSACTIONS
  • No Space Battles...no wait. There are space battles...that you need to PAY for to have.
  • EA
  • Very Few Game Modes
  • No Conquest
  • No Single Player

The Pros

• The game is really, really pretty. I like going in game just to look at stuff. But i don't enjoy gameplay or anything else about it really. I'd rather play Battlefield or Destiny.

Basically, when this game first was announced i was 'super' hyped. I even purchased the Gold Edition. But...when it came out, i had that initial burst of happiness. The game was effing cool and me and my friend had a good time running around like badasses. Buuuuuut that momentum quickly slowed down as we got deeper. Every gun felt the same as we unlocked them, differences being in appearance and their crappy rates of fire. There were like six maps (Most of which we never got to see), and after a while the lack of game modes killed the game for us. We stopped playing a week after release. Then came back recently a few days ago actually...we went in, got stomped by the empire four times in a row even though our team had hella more kills and points. And the games servers kept crashing. It all just felt like a mess and after about an hour or two we just deleted the game from our PS4s and went back to Battlefield 4 and Overwatch.

EA has some work ahead of them if they want me to play the game again. Cause in my opinion they ruined a franchise that i poured hundreds of hours into just for fun alone. And now i can barely stand to play thirty minutes. Those who never played the old games might love the reboot, but for someone like me who went in with a different set of expectations only to be let down. Thats all the game feels like...a let down.

But hey...at least the game looks pretty! xD.

Also, BF1 basically ripped off the design aspect of Battlefront so. Now we will have probably a better game to play and look at haha. Until they fix Battlefront and make it the game everyone actually wanted on day one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom